• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

I am watching Celtic at Helsinborgs IF.

why is everyone's passing so bad
why is no one where they are supposed to be
why do they keep kicking it in random spots where no one is standing
why are they taking shots and then kicking it 15 feet wide of the goal
why can no one dribble it past anyone

why why why

This post :lol:

Not a fitba fan!

I am watching Celtic at Helsinborgs IF.

why is everyone's passing so bad
why is no one where they are supposed to be
why do they keep kicking it in random spots where no one is standing
why are they taking shots and then kicking it 15 feet wide of the goal
why can no one dribble it past anyone

why why why

Just wait until you see Stoke!

K1LLER7

yeah, you'll see brilliant goals like this :p

di-16KH.gif

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I actually thought Celtc's second half performance was the best I've seen in years. Up there with the Strachan team 4 years ago when we almost reached the CL quarter finals 2 years in a row. (Albeit this was Helsingborg) Fraser Forster in particular was heroic - reminded me of the clean sheet David Marshall grabbed against Barcelona.

Have my eyes just adjusted to watching this kind of football, so only I see this as a winning performance, or has Mumei been ridiculously spoiled by watching El Classicos exclusively or something? :lol

Edit: I'm going to name this effect Chelsea Syndrome.

Mumei

Just watch that 2nd half of El Clasico.

Will do!

I did see Stoke! It was similarly directionless and the team seemed to have no sense of purpose when it came to getting the ball to the goal in a way that gave them a real shot at scoring, but the passing wasn't quite so hilariously bad. I mean, they generally passed to people (even if it wasn't always members of their own team) instead of members of the crowd, so that's gotta count for something.

sneaky77

Balague says Bilbao are forcing Llorente out but trying to make him look like the bad guy?

We tried to renew him for over a year. He finally comes after the euro and a yr of negotiations that he doesn't want to stay and we should accept an offer or he will leave for free next summer and that translates to we are forcing him out?

Arnie

Suarez's was better than Cisse's. And I really do mean that, I'm not saying it as some 'arf 'arf Liverpool hat perspective.

Cisse just lashed at that with the outside of his boot, a skill I've never found particularly difficult. At a wholly amateur level I've always been pretty proficient at hitting the ball with the outside of my boot, I've never honestly chipped a keeper from just passed the half way line.

Arnie

Yes, that Ben Arfa's goal was better than Cisse's. As was Crouch's.

With all these goals I'm mentioning I feel like the player was in full control at all times. A sublime show of pure technique.

I feel like Cisse just sort of rolled the dice and hit it, it was in extra time anyway wasn't it?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Surely you guys are playing with your bench/reserves, righT?!?!?!
Michel, Esparza, Reynoso, De Luna, Ponce, Araujo, Fabián, Luis Pérez, Báez, Fierro y Márquez Lugo.

The only starter missing is Chatón in the midfield. We are truly awful. My God.

Fry

Similar to the Torres goal (2008?) against Blackburn back in his Liverpool days.

Torres's was practically inside the area IIRC. Crouch's was way more difficult to succeed, and he did. Truly an incredible goal.

But I wouldn't call it the best of last season, unless we're limiting it to Premier League only.

Suarez's was better than Cisse's. And I really do mean that, I'm not saying it as some 'arf 'arf Liverpool hat perspective.

Cisse just lashed at that with the outside of his boot, a skill I've never found particularly difficult. At a wholly amateur level I've always been pretty proficient at hitting the ball with the outside of my boot, I've never honestly chipped a keeper from just passed the half way line.

I can't agree. Cisse was in absolute dynamite form, he'd already scored a screamer in that game anyway. He knew exactly what he was trying to do and he executed it literally perfectly. The ball just fell beautifully and I guess he just went for it. Yeah it isn't hard to put bend on the ball like that but to strike it like that and to beat Cech who was only a foot off his line at his far post is just incredible.

Crouch's is second for me. Suarez's is pretty damn impressive but at the same time I've seen many goals like it before, not denying the ability in it but at this point really long range goals where the keeper is far off his line just don't make me sit up and say wow like Crouch's and Cisse's did.

Cisse's is in my top 3 goals of all time.

K1LLER7

Torres's was practically inside the area IIRC. Crouch's was way more difficult to succeed, and he did. Truly an incredible goal.

But I wouldn't call it the best of last season, unless we're limiting it to Premier League only.

best in the premier league, Haven't seen much of the other goals in the other leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom