• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite goals is the Chicha Dolphin header.

iNVql8lKsgD6Q.gif

The fuck happened to him?

pulga

Banned
México, Costa Rica and Honduras should do a "Team GB" shit and compete in a tournament as Mexican Empire.

500px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_First_Mexican_Empire.svg.png

Who's going to defeat dat Imperial Coat of arms?

Elsk, i am dissapointed. Why the hell would we be known as the Mexican Empire, dont let anyone back home hear that blasfemy come out your mouth! *slaps*

Sappy113

This was my favourite, far and away. You can leave your individual wonder strikes at home:

25soeo3.jpg.gif

I prefer these types of goals to a 30 yard screamer every day of the week. Just the control, understanding and vision required to create a goal like that. Mindblowing.

I do remember Fiorentina scoring from a half-volley just outside the box many years back in CL. Can't remember who scored, but that was a thing of beauty as well.

dc89

I prefer these types of goals to a 30 yard screamer every day of the week. Just the control, understanding and vision required to create a goal like that. Mindblowing.

I do remember Fiorentina scoring from a half-volley just outside the box many years back in CL. Can't remember who scored, but that was a thing of beauty as well.

Imagine if United carried that kind of play into last season?

It's like they had a Mario style power-up for that game.

pappe

As far as team goals go, nothing beats Real madrid goal against Lyon(?) in the UCL. if i remember it correctly 11 touches from opponents half to goal.

Soi-Fong

That play was completely out of this world. City right there had no idea what the eff was going on and how to deal with it.

LegoArmo

Imagine if United carried that kind of play into last season?

It's like they had a Mario style power-up for that game.

The team played like that all pre-season, then in the second half of the community shield, and in some early season games. Not sure where it went.

Soi-Fong

The team played like that all pre-season, then in the second half of the community shield, and in some early season games. Not sure where it went.

Yeah. You do wonder. And with our line-up now, imagine attempting those kind of plays. With van Persie's touch and Kagawa's vision and passing, it's crazy to think that sort of play can only be further enhanced.

Hopefully, we see something of the sort this season.

And as someone here said, I'd prefer plays like this to a 30-yard screamer. That sort of play requires good touch, good vision, positioning and skill by all players taking part in it.

Edit: Also, unlike the game against Everton, there is constant movement by all players in that play. United seriously has to increase their work rate to achieve something like that again.

Soi-Fong

I have no idea why, but I hate both Madrid and Barcelona yet when El Clasico is on, I root for Madrid. Must be because of my friend who loves Messi and Barca to death and makes stupid excuses for them for the times they lose, like for example when they lost to Chelsea in the CL semi-final.

Now, I will agree that ugly football was played that day by Chelsea, but in all honesty, Barcelona had no answer to Chelsea parking the bus so he just said Chelsea sucks. I hate Chelsea with a passion, but you gotta give them credit for holding off Barca.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
shocking miss from Switzerland

And I mean Fernando Torres shocking.

edit: the refereeing in this game is amateurish, calling something only to uncall it immediately afterwards?

Apparently...

Johnson to Sunderland
Same Wages as at City
Clause that allows him to leave whenever he wants as long as the club pay the same amount that Sunderland paid for him

Madness.

Zabojnik

Napoli's Gargano joined Inter. What a stupid backward step by Napoli.

Why are Napoli selling every1?

Because they're a shitty club, that's why. Really stupid of them to sell Gargano, although it's kind of understandable on his part, since Behrami took his spot in the starting XI. He is the better player, no doubt, but Gargano would have been a great backup CM.

Nothing changes for Conte after the first appeal, still 10 months.

dc89

LOL @ Swansea fans on Twitter. They went ape shit at Sinclair's GF for Tweeting;

“Started to get bored now, been in Wales too long, Lol. Must take action.”

They say she's influenced his decision to not sign a new Swansea contract and to want to go to City. Ruined his career they say.

dc89

What. A. Waste.

Manchester City footballer Michael Johnson is set to appear in court after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving twice.

The injury-plagued 24-year-old has been charged with two separate offences following two alleged incidents.

In the first, at 11.50pm on February 24, Johnson was stopped in a black Mercedes close to Blackfriars viaduct on Bridgewater Way in Manchester city centre by officers on patrol.

He was breathalysed and arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

While on bail for that offence, Johnson was arrested again after an early-hours smash in Trafford.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...johnson-due-in-court-on-drink-driving-charges

The new Colin Bell they said. Future England Captain they said.

He's pissed it all away.

GdS claiming we're going back to the Viola with cash and Quags for Jovetic. Don't see it myself, especially if Man City do have a legitimate interest. They'll just pay the €30m.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Apparently...

Johnson to Sunderland
Same Wages as at City
Clause that allows him to leave whenever he wants as long as the club pay the same amount that Sunderland paid for him

Madness.
Where is all this money coming from? Is MON blackmailing the owner? :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Also Tom Huddlestone has gone to Stoke on loan.

Just in time to face Arsenal. I'm glad it's only a loan, he's missed two years and this lets us gauge whether he can still cut it without having to sell him.

He will improve the Stoke side massively with his passing range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom