• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky:Buffon has not recovered fully from his injury & will miss the opening game vs Parma. And Chiellini is still injured.

aCmwnm.jpg

It begins.

Arsenal vs Arsenal Sold XI: Who will win?

The Arsenal Team:

Goalkeeper: Wojciech Szczesny.
Defence: Carl Jenkinson, Thomas Vermaelen, Per Mertesacker, Kieran Gibbs.
Midfield: Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Abou Diaby.
Forwards: Lukas Podolski, Gervinho.

Substitutes/Unfit: Jack Wilshere, Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey, Johan Djorou, Andre Santos, Alex Chamberlain, Laurent Koscielny, Bacary Sagna, Marouane Chamakh, Andrei Arshavin, Tomas Rosicky.
--------

The Sold XI Dream

Goalkeeper: Jens Lehmann (we had to pick him… he was up against Manuel Almunia).
Defence: Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole.
Midfield: Samir Nasri, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas.
Forwards: Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor.

Rest of them: Gilberto Silva, William Gallas, Eduardo, Mathieu Flamini, Alex Song, Philippe Senderos, Gael Clichy, Jose Reyes.
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/arsenal-vs-arsenal-sold-xi-who-will-win-424923.html

In all fairness, the current Arsenal team should be without injuries. That being said, Sagna and Koscielny should be in because they would be part of the starting XI. But even with that I'd take the Sold XI.

Facism

Boo... You're suppose to stick to one team. Lol

I mean that i'll actually be following a Premiership team this season, alongside Fenerbahce :p

also, my poop is wholly unsatisfying today. Soft and tender, infinite wipes. Thank fuck for the bidet.

Wilbur

Banned
I mean that i'll actually be following a Premiership team this season, alongside Fenerbahce :p

also, my poop is wholly unsatisfying today. Soft and tender, infinite wipes. Thank fuck for the bidet.

I started a diet last Tuesday and I've pooed once in a week. Leaving for Reading tonight though so I expect to shit this weekend.

I cant decide what the worst thing about going to grounds is, the pricing of the food or the language in the terraces. When I went to see us play Everton at home, the row behind me were singing "Harry Redknapp's mother's a whore". I remember being shocked by that - how old must his mother be? In her 80s? Then they started to have a go at the 4th assistant. He hadn't been involved in any controversial decision at all, they just started on him. I felt quite uncomfortable. But these are the same ones who will sing their hearts out throughout the entire game, and who will pick up a conversation with any random stranger. Odd balance of character there. But I can't lie: I wouldn't want to sit anywhere near them again, especially if I brought some children along.

Arnie

I started a diet last Tuesday and I've pooed once in a week. Leaving for Reading tonight though so I expect to shit this weekend.

I don't really shit at festivals because my diet's so bad. Fuck, I don't envy you this weekend. Couldn't think of anything less appealing than sleeping in a tent, shitting in a big puddle of shit, and eating overpriced food.

Plus, you miss football.

Oh, and on Pysgnosis love, ROLL CAGE. We used to play that on the primary school computer in our 40 minute lunch break when I was about 9, someone brought it in and we installed it. Amazing game, always wished for a current gen iteration.

I cant decide what the worst thing about going to grounds is, the pricing of the food or the language in the terraces. When I went to see us play Everton at home, the row behind me were singing "Harry Redknapp's mother's a whore". I remember being shocked by that - how old must his mother be? In her 80s? Then they started to have a go at the 4th assistant. He hadn't been involved in any controversial decision at all, they just started on him. I felt quite uncomfortable. But these are the same ones who will sing their hearts out throughout the entire game, and who will pick up a conversation with any random stranger. Odd balance of character there. But I can't lie: I wouldn't want to sit anywhere near them again, especially if I brought some children along.

I feel like we just had this conversation the other day. As long as the chants don't cross the line to racism I am usually completely fine with it, don't want football to be a classy sport where you have to act proper and nice. The prices of food however... Well I can understand your hate for the stadiums on that one.

So sad. I remember loving their games as a kid. Obliterator was one of my faves.

If i'm not wrong we actually got one or two posters from there in this thread. :(

Yep. A lot of good memories from them.

This would be great. Private box naturally, GAF does not hang out with the riff raff. We could all toast each goal with our champagne.

I heard it does not cost that much if you split it between a big group actually haha!

Also this should totally happen one day! I may be going to the Arsenal U21 PL game before my Chelsea game. Seems like it could be fun as I really enjoyed the Chelsea vs Man City game!

Wilbur

Banned
I don't really shit at festivals because my diet's so bad. Fuck, I don't envy you this weekend. Couldn't think of anything less appealing than sleeping in a tent, shitting in a big puddle of shit, and eating overpriced food.

Plus, you miss football.

Oh, and on Pysgnosis love, ROLL CAGE. We used to play that on the primary school computer in our 40 minute lunch break when I was about 9, someone brought it in and we installed it. Amazing game, always wished for a current gen iteration.

Well I'm fine sleeping on the floor, we have a big tent, I will go and shit in the toilet and watch as poop filled condoms float on by, and there's vouchers for a free meal every day and I've bought cereal and fruit bars for breakfast and lunch.

But I do miss the football :( not bringing my phone as well so won't hear any of the scores until I get back unless they read it out. They did it last year and they said "Arsenal 2..." and I thought "well fuck we definitely haven't scored 3"

How wrong I was.

rodvik

I heard it does not cost that much if you split it between a big group actually haha!

Also this should totally happen one day! I may be going to the Arsenal U21 PL game before my Chelsea game. Seems like it could be fun as I really enjoyed the Chelsea vs Man City game!

I think executive boxes are generally sold by season rather than by game. But it would be awesome. Split with a big group it might not be so bad.

Of course "some" of our bretheren would probably end up costing us clean up fees as they vomited over the balcony or something :)

I think executive boxes are generally sold by season rather than by game. But it would be awesome. Split with a big group it might not be so bad.

Of course "some" of our bretheren would probably end up costing us clean up fees as they vomited over the balcony or something :)

Haha! I know people who have hired one at Wembley before. Which I assume would be game by game.

Also I wish Torres would have scored! He looks much better this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom