• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabo

qindarka

Banned
Chelsea should have rested some players. Now they will be too tired for NEwcastle and have no chance there.

Then again, putting out a weaker side here against Reading would guarantee dropped points. I doubt they will manage to win as it is with their best XI.

Zabojnik

Cech; Ivanovic, Cole, Cahill, Terry (c); Mikel, Hazard, Ramires, Lampard, Mata; Torres.

Federici; Gunter, Harte, Gorkss, Pearce; Leigertwood, Guthrie, Karacan, McAnuff, McCleary; Pogrebnyak.

How come Chelsea are playing tonight? A bit late/early in the week, isn't it?

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal play a different game.

Nasri - £24m, RVP - £24m, Cesc - Not enough, Clichy - £7m.

Hmm, which one should we sell?
You can have a 29yr old injury prone striker. Of the players you mentioned only the Cesc transfer really hurts arsenal as the others are easily replaceable.

We got very good money for RVP and Nasri imo.

Also, I think Cesc left on good terms. He was respectful right to the last minute, still continues to be loyal and supportive, and no arsenal fan should be against him. One is allowed to further their own career he was not married to arsenal.

You can have a 29yr old injury prone striker. Of the players you mentioned only the Cesc transfer really hurts arsenal as the others are easily replaceable.

We got very good money for RVP and Nasri imo.

Also, I think Cesc left on good terms. He was respectful right to the last minute, still continues to be loyal and supportive, and no arsenal fan should be against him. One is allowed to further their own career he was not married to arsenal.
I was just messing, but Arsenal would be a much better team if they still had those players. Would be ridiculous to deny that.

Salvadora

Arsenal vs Arsenal Sold XI: Who will win?

The Arsenal Team:

Goalkeeper: Wojciech Szczesny.
Defence: Carl Jenkinson, Thomas Vermaelen, Per Mertesacker, Kieran Gibbs.
Midfield: Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Abou Diaby.
Forwards: Lukas Podolski, Gervinho.

Substitutes/Unfit: Jack Wilshere, Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey, Johan Djorou, Andre Santos, Alex Chamberlain, Laurent Koscielny, Bacary Sagna, Marouane Chamakh, Andrei Arshavin, Tomas Rosicky.
--------

The Sold XI Dream:

Goalkeeper: Jens Lehmann (we had to pick him… he was up against Manuel Almunia).
Defence: Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole.
Midfield: Samir Nasri, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas.
Forwards: Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor.

Rest of them: Gilberto Silva, William Gallas, Eduardo, Mathieu Flamini, Alex Song, Philippe Senderos, Gael Clichy, Jose Reyes.
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/arsenal-vs-arsenal-sold-xi-who-will-win-424923.html

Soi-Fong

Herrera - Clev midfield anyone? Sounds good. Congrats ManU GAF!

I don't know much about him, but we just need someone to bully a ill bit in the middle to allow Clev to get forward. Only one we have is Carrick and he isn't exactly imposing or fast.

D_prOdigy

I don't know much about him, but we just need someone to bully a ill bit in the middle to allow Clev to get forward. Only one we have is Carrick and he isn't exactly imposing or fast.

He's 5ft 10 and 22 years old...

But I also didn't register him either at the Olympics, so maybe he is deceptively good.

Jabo

This Messi guy must be terrible. It seems like everyone is better than him.

HwImK.jpg

Yep, he sure is.

dc89

The thread in Off Topic about that girl and some guys has all got crazy.

I tried reading the posts which sum it up but I'm still struggling to understand it!

Sunhi's GIF was epic though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I would have much preferred to have him than Podolski or Giroud. Dudu was great for us when he played up front. Never really had a chance when Judas Mark II took his place after he got injured

Agreed, I think Eduardo still takes a shit on Arsenal's current strikers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Zabojnik I played one of the 3D PS2 games btw, I don't know if it had anything to do with part 4+? But it was pretty insane.

Jebus. I know they are and I wouldn't do that in an actually serious discussion, but we tell each other worse in here while obviously joking. It's a community thread where we are mostly all pretty friendly with each other and surely there's no need to moderate that unless a user actually takes offense. Whenever people has stepped over the line in here (like making a joke about other users weight or saying Jewentus instead of Juventus) it has been reported and properly taken care of.

Actually it was "Oh man, Milan got jewed"
vqbrf.gif
vqbrf.gif
and then he backpedaled (brilliantly) to "HEY I meant Juved!"
vqbrf.gif
vqbrf.gif

Jabo

The thread in Off Topic about that girl and some guys has all got crazy.

I tried reading the posts which sum it up but I'm still struggling to understand it!

Sunhi's GIF was epic though.

Oh lord I was wondering why it was 10+ pages o___o

Lightning

Banned
Then why were you so bitter against RVP?
Because RVP put that disrespectful message on his website in an attempt to force our hand and weaken us in negotiations. RVP, in my opinion, acted like a complete and utter JT.

I was just messing, but Arsenal would be a much better team if they still had those players. Would be ridiculous to deny that.
Of course. But it's not something new. We've sold Overmars, Petit etc.... as well though so its not like we just started the policy recently. But remember one thing, aside from Cesc and Nasri and now Song who arsenal obviously wanted to get rid off because negotiations happened far too quickly most of those players were sold after their best years.

Scum

Arsenal vs Arsenal Sold XI: Who will win?

The Arsenal Team:

Goalkeeper: Wojciech Szczesny.
Defence: Carl Jenkinson, Thomas Vermaelen, Per Mertesacker, Kieran Gibbs.
Midfield: Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Abou Diaby.
Forwards: Lukas Podolski, Gervinho.

Substitutes/Unfit: Jack Wilshere, Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey, Johan Djorou, Andre Santos, Alex Chamberlain, Laurent Koscielny, Bacary Sagna, Marouane Chamakh, Andrei Arshavin, Tomas Rosicky.
--------

The Sold XI Dream:

Goalkeeper: Jens Lehmann (we had to pick him… he was up against Manuel Almunia).
Defence: Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole.
Midfield: Samir Nasri, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas.
Forwards: Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor.

Rest of them: Gilberto Silva, William Gallas, Eduardo, Mathieu Flamini, Alex Song, Philippe Senderos, Gael Clichy, Jose Reyes.
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/arsenal-vs-arsenal-sold-xi-who-will-win-424923.html

Vieira & Fab in midfield?
Henry cutting in and up against Jenkinson??

5YRcF.gif

Sold XI, by a mile!

So when I saw WoodenLung post it, I thought that I should mention it for anyone in this topic who also was not aware. I was not suggesting that it is always wrong, only that it wasn't always right. And while I can see how Wooden might have thought that I was implying he didn't know, he was really only a convenient person to quote; I wasn't intending to say anything about him in particular.

So: I was saying exactly what I said and no more. There's no need to read any threatening subtext into it.

Does that answer your question?

Yeah I get it, looked like kind of a warning at first though and that is what i responded to.

Actually it was "Oh man, Milan got jewed"
vqbrf.gif
vqbrf.gif
and then he backpedaled (brilliantly) to "HEY I meant Juved!"
vqbrf.gif
vqbrf.gif

It was brilliant either way! ;)

Cech; Ivanovic, Cole, Cahill, Terry (c); Mikel, Hazard, Ramires, Lampard, Mata; Torres.

Federici; Gunter, Harte, Gorkss, Pearce; Leigertwood, Guthrie, Karacan, McAnuff, McCleary; Pogrebnyak.

Meh at Ramires on the right, but... At least Hazard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom