• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

http://www.zonalmarking.net/ is fantastic for this kind of stuff. Some articles a lot more in depth than others.

Thanks!

read anything written by SwissRamble

Who?

mumei, have you downloaded that barca vs. madrid match yet? they're playing again tomorrow, so i suppose it'd be interesting to compare the two.

I have not, but I did watch the match on 8-17-2011. I also have seen about half of Barcelona vs Real Sociedad from a few days back.

FootballFan

Wow, what a great display from Malaga in that first half, all over Panathinaikos. That 2nd goal was great(first was good too).

Chelsea losing to Reading?! Time to look for Sunhi GIFs.

Messi

Wow, what a great display from Malaga in that first half, all over Panathinaikos. That 2nd goal was great(first was good too).

Chelsea losing to Reading?! Time to look for Sunhi GIFs.

Wassssup footballfan. Keep an eye out for me when watching the clasico tomorrow! :p

FootballFan

Wassssup footballfan. Keep an eye out for me when watching the clasico tomorrow! :p

:lol will do. Where are your seats located? Will you be wearing a Barca shirt? If so you will most likely blend in with the other 95,000 people wearing the same thing.

edit
MICHO GOAL WAS GREAT! The Bayern spirit is alive in him :)

Haha. He is so slow, but always seems to score, maybe it just seems like it.

Thanks!

Who?

I have not, but I did watch the match on 8-17-2011. I also have seen about half of Barcelona vs Real Sociedad from a few days back.

Swiss ramble is all about the finances

If you wanted something historical, this is pretty good on zonalmarking despite youtube videos not working anymore.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/29/greece-euro-2004-tactics/

Also Chelsea in CL

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/05/20/bayern-1-1-chelsea-chelsea-win-it-on-penalties/
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/25/barcelona-2-2-chelsea-tactics/

Zabojnik

@Zabojnik I played one of the 3D PS2 games btw, I don't know if it had anything to do with part 4+? But it was pretty insane.

I only played the old Dreamcast/PS2 one, which was a pretty standard 2D fighting game. I checked on YouTube, the 3D game(s?) seems to be based on Part 5. It takes place in Italy, of all places, with Giovanna Giorno (it's actually Giorno Giovanna) as the main protagonist. I didn't care much for it. They take the whole stand thing up another notch and it just becomes ... too much. Too crazy, too absurd, almost nonsensical. To make it even worse, the characters, which were always the strong point of the series, are just so ... uninteresting. Starting with Giorno, who's an empty sheet of paper when compared with Jotaro and Josuke. Part 6 is even worse, which is where I stopped reading. Couldn't believe how bad it got. At the time there were a lot of rumors saying that starting with Part 5, Araki simply supervised the series and let his assistants do most of the work. Probably bullshit, but it would explain the sudden drop in quality.

I'm OT and obsessing and in full nostalgia mode, but I can't help it. Used to love JoJo to death in my younger years. :) I wish you wouldn't have to experience it through inferior alternative means, Yurt.

FootballFan

Likewise. For all the negatives, these are the two best teams in the world.

I think the negatives are overplayed a bit, it really isn't that bad.. Yeah Pepe does some stupid karate move every now and then, Busquets does some dumb play acting every couple games etc but other than that semi final in the CL where it was truly dreadful stop and go play, it is usually great. Even in that semifinal we still had something to be amazed about(Messis 2nd goal running past 4-5 players) edit For example the game above that Wrath is talking about, yeah Pepe did some ridiculous stuff in it, but the game itself was damn entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom