• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably going to get caught in the rush, but I am a bit bored at work. Does anyone have a good article I could read? Something historical / analytical about football would be nice.

I can only recommend anything that is Ray Hudson on YouTube. If he wasn't a commentator, he'd be a poet.

I linked to both the semis and the finale. ;)

I honestly cant watch that. I caught highlights of the Final and it ruined my day. If it was Man Utd who won like that I would have gone to the UN to veto the result

elsk

Banned
I don't really know how the players get motivated to play another season after winning the CL (and having won their local league a season ago).
You already won everything.

Zabojnik

I don't really know how the players get motivated to play another season after winning the CL (and having won their local league a season ago).

No, you wouldn't know, would you?
No worries, you'll win it this/next year! :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If the result stays like this I dont see RDM surviving that long.

Abramovich is more than willing to pull the trigger on Di Matteo, I don't think he is going to get many opportunities to fuck up. After all, Abramovich wants Guardiola.

mumei should check zonalmarking.net for tactical analysis on the biggest matches of the season. the site can help you see the game from a tactical point of view.

dc89

Nah, that's City's thing. We can't do that.

I was thinking this the other day.

City never used to be able to do it. But they've changed their mentality I think more than anything, sure good players help.

But I think Mancini has really drilled it in to them to be more like United and never give in.
He was always saying we needed to be more United in application in games in his early days. Now it's paying off.

Now I actually have a confidence we can salvage at least a point if we go behind.

rar

am i the only one who doesn't like ian darke's commentary? it feels like he's limited to using the same 30 or so phrases and i hate his "hehehehe" laugh

FootballFan

Thats why clubs usually buy players/promote youngsters after winning CL/league. They will bring determination and hunger to win since they weren't part of last seasons winning team..or so I've read.

Kyoufu

am i the only one who doesn't like ian darke's commentary? it feels like he's limited to using the same 30 or so phrases and i hate his "hehehehe" laugh

Sky and beIN Sports have the best commentators. Also ITV have some good ones for European/International games.

elsk

Banned
Thats why clubs usually buy players/promote youngsters after winning CL/league. They will bring determination and hunger to win since they weren't part of last seasons winning team..or so I've read.

Yeah, that's the only way I will see it working. But Chelsea core team is still the same as last season.

Slizz

Darke is broadcasting in the US so he's been dumbing down his commentating for some time. Him and Macca work well together, so I can't really complain. Better than Taylor Twellmen or some shit.

rar

Darke is broadcasting in the US so he's been dumbing down his commentating for some time. Him and Macca work well together, so I can't really complain. Better than Taylor Twellmen or some shit.

i can't stand them. i cry a little when a game i want to watch is on espn. i don't know who's on fox soccer for the premier league but they're less annoying to me

Slizz

i can't stand them. i cry a little when a game i want to watch is on espn. i don't know who's on fox soccer for the premier league but they're less annoying to me

Used to despise them but they've grown on me. Theres only 3-4 games on ESPN a week anyways so it's not too big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom