• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do this a lot on FM. It's a bit of a bug. As Spurs I signed £70m worth of players with a £30m budget paying sometimes nothing up front and the rest over 4 years.

I think you need the funds for the original fee and then eneough for like the first years installments, something like that.

Means your future budgets will be limited and the club takes on debt but you can boost your club up the league and make up for it.

Yeah I signed Gotze for close to £100m using that method.

qindarka

Banned
I am not sure we can say that Barca is better than Madrid? Isn't the league supposed to be the main gauge for how good a team is? Madrid finished 9 points ahead, to say that Barca are still better then them is to do Madrid a great disservice.

GorillaJu

I spent a long time away from the Playstation until recently when I picked up Dragon's Dogma, but my goodness, PSN is fucking fantastic now.

Wow, I could spend so long on these games. I bought and started playing Sound Shapes on my Vita... now this is a very good game.

For a system that has "no games" I think all together I've clocked at least 100 hours on it since I bought my Vita, between Persona 4, Gravity Daze, Rayman Origins, Minna no Golf, etc.

Back into console gaming, I am.

Is Counter Strike GO any good on console? Thinking about buying it since there's that rebate if you buy one of those featured games on PSN... already bought two of them (Papo & Yo + Sound Shapes), three would be a $6 rebate. Would gladly take that if CSGO is fun!

Kyoufu

Are you picking up EDF3 Portable, morsel? September 27 release date.

I am not sure we can say that Barca is better than Madrid? Isn't the league supposed to be the main gauge for how good a team is? Madrid finished 9 points ahead, to say that Barca are still better then them is to do Madrid a great disservice.

Well Barcelona didn't have David Villa due to a broken leg. Would have probably been more successful last season if he played the whole season.

GorillaJu

Well Barcelona didn't have David Villa due to a broken leg. Would have probably been more successful last season if he played the whole season.

I was never a big fan of that game but I might give it a shot for the portable version. Thing is there are a lot of Vita games out here that are enticing to me. Adventure games and such.

Arnie

You can do this a lot on FM. It's a bit of a bug. As Spurs I signed £70m worth of players with a £30m budget paying sometimes nothing up front and the rest over 4 years.

I think you need the funds for the original fee and then eneough for like the first years installments, something like that.

Means your future budgets will be limited and the club takes on debt but you can boost your club up the league and make up for it.

Holy crap, tell me more. So, say I offer £30 million for a player, with £5 million up front and the rest to be paid over 4 years, the payments outside of the first year will just pile up on the club itself, and won't be taken from my transfer budget?

Isn't there a possibility of the club sacking you?

I bought Counter Strike: GO literally a second ago, courtesy of Antonio Cassano. Going to set it to download whilst I go for a haircut.

I bought it on 360, and when it isn't lagging it's absolutely fucking perfection.

I always used to play CS on PC back when I didn't play on consoles, but I found it does translate over fairly well. Obviously it's nowhere near precise, but the gist of the game remains intact. Skill still prevails, and some of the more nuanced mechanics don't change with a controller, like utilising walking and managing recoil.

Counterstrike is the perfect multiplayer game, in my opinion. I just wish Valve would fix the connection issues on console.

qindarka

Banned

If the loss of one player hurt them so much, it's their fault for not having enough strength in depth.

Holy crap, tell me more. So, say I offer £30 million for a player, with £5 million up front and the rest to be paid over 4 years, the payments outside of the first year will just pile up on the club itself, and won't be taken from my transfer budget?

Isn't there a possibility of the club sacking you?

It will affect your future transfer budget. It's just a way of spending more than your current transfer budget allows. There will be repercussions if you're still paying out millions each month for players you signed years ago. Unless you're United... apparently in my network game United were too big to fail and it just wiped out their debt at a certain point.

Arnie

It will affect your future transfer budget. It's just a way of spending more than your current transfer budget allows. There will be repercussions if you're still paying out millions each month for players you signed years ago. Unless you're United... apparently in my network game United were too big to fail and it just wiped out their debt at a certain point.

Shit. I'm going to play it safe. I'm Napoli, and I don't think the club would take kindly to going into massive debt, like you say, I'm not United after all. Plus I don't want to have nothing to spend in the future because of a few excessive deals I made in the past.

Shit. I'm going to play it safe. I'm Napoli, and I don't think the club would take kindly to going into massive debt, like you say, I'm not United after all. Plus I don't want to have nothing to spend in the future because of a few excessive deals I made in the past.

You'll be ok as long as you don't go overboard. It's good for the situations when you've spent all your budget and then find a really good young player that you can't afford to miss out on.

Yeah just as long as you don't go crazy it's fine.

I did it and was making a £1m loss every month because of the payments but the board said it was easily manageable as long as the team did well. It's just a good way to stretch your budget that little bit further and boost your team.

Meier

Future payments is definitely the way to do it if you're a relatively small club. It's how I get the achievement for moving up in the Brazilian leagues (and loans of course). Even when I start Porto, I'll use that method to get some wonderkids if I can.

The only way I can get close to actually making a monthly profit with Porto is thanks to the deferred payments for guys I sell. Otherwise I lose a few million $ per month because of the player salaries. Oddly enough, I don't have anyone over $120k per week despite having the ability to offer up to $300k.

Arnie

I'm after a keeper from Sampdoria that they're particularly against selling, so I might try it with him.

And for some reason I'm only really going for Italian or South American talents; I saw a decent Spanish kid the other day but I didn't buy him just because of his nationality. Don't know what's wrong with me. Can't wait for Veratti and Destro to link up in the summer.

Cuddler

Conte's press conference. FUUUUUUUCK. Conte is fucking MAD.

Jesus Christ ...
Watched only the last 30 seconds on tv, yeah, he looked really really mad.
Eurobot: SOUTHAMPTON - More on Gaston Ramirez: it is understood a fee and payment plan has been negotiated for the 21-year-old winger, who has won nine caps for Uruguay and is reported to be commanding a club-record fee of £12 million. Former club Penarol, who own 30% of his registration, are also satisfied by the terms of the agreement.

Who knows anymore man, who knows.
I've read an article 1 hour ago that said that he will remain at Bologna.
Wasn't that confirmed already, though? I thought it was additional payments that hit a snag, or perhaps Bologna throwing a hissy fit about Gaston lubing up Southampton in the press. One thing's for certain with Gaston, there's more to the transfer than meets the eye. He's been shopped around covertly for the last six months, someone is really eager to profit from his sale, and I suspect it's that which is currently impeding the deal.
Its just how Bologna want to money to be paid, they want pretty much all up front which is never going to happen. Seems like they are in real financial woes.
Bologna doesn't have financial woes, at least not more than any italian clubs, they extended the Diamanti contract to 2017 some days ago. The problems were that Southampton payment was in 3 years and without guarantees on the payments.

seriously is that still a crime? It's standard business practice these days, ask Barca
Yeah haha I remember the days when it used to cause an outrage.

Don't hear much of it these days. I don't know if it's actually "tapping up" which is the complaint, but it's an official complaint nonetheless.

Edit - Okay, the complaint is that he publicly commented that he wanted the player.

kharma45

Just had a look and they're debt free in my game too.

Arnie

Looks like Fulham are reporting Liverpool for tapping up Dempsey.

boohoo

I didn't think we were still after Dempsey? Although I wouldn't be surprised to see us punished. That NESV website that had Dempsey as a Liverpool player seemed pretty dodgy to me.

GorillaJu

Don't hear much of it these days. I don't know if it's actually "tapping up" which is the complaint, but it's an official complaint nonetheless.

Edit - Okay, the complaint is that he publicly commented that he wanted the player.

I don't even recall him saying he wants Dempsey, just that the club enquired bout his availability.

Feorax

Wasn't his hand forced when NESN accidently reported we had signed him?

I don't think we've been after him for a while anyway, not since we took a look at Fulham's valuation and decided "fuck that".

Meier

I'm after a keeper from Sampdoria that they're particularly against selling, so I might try it with him.

And for some reason I'm only really going for Italian or South American talents; I saw a decent Spanish kid the other day but I didn't buy him just because of his nationality. Don't know what's wrong with me. Can't wait for Veratti and Destro to link up in the summer.

From my experience, the Spaniards are insanely expensive and usually don't pan out compared to their initial scouting reports. I spent $30-$35m on a teen who initially scouted as a 4.5* (with a 20 skill from a scout). By the time the transfer had gone through, he was being pegged as a 4* which still was exciting since they're quite rare. At 18 or so, he was on a $60k per week salary.

Upon joining my team, he was listed as a 3.5* max and eventually ended up being a 2.5*. After loaning him out for a number of seasons and eating most of his salary, I finally got like $6m back in return for him. :(

I consider paying in installments over four years in FM cheating, by the way. Clubs do it in real life, of course, but the game doesn't handle it well (like a lot of financial things), and it's far too easy to abuse, especially if you're a big club.

If you play any other way than turning off first season budgets (so you're stuck with whatever situation you arrive into) and reasonable transfers, you're making the game even easier than it already is.

I don't even recall him saying he wants Dempsey, just that the club enquired bout his availability.
Yeah thats the complaint, public admission of the enquiry...which is lol.

I read somewhere it might be a step taken towards withholding his wages or something so maybe that's what they're trying to do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I missed the press conference, but I hope this was an accurate translation of what Conte said?
A0_Dxn3CUAA3NvC.jpg:medium

“We’ve called this Press conference because the time has arrived for us to talk after hearing what everyone else had to say,” he stated on Thursday afternoon.

“I’ve always respected the rules, on and off the pitch. I have comported myself in the right way throughout this whole affair.

“Yesterday seemed to be the icing on the cake. I was left appalled by what was said by one of the commission’s judges. Who, perhaps in order to make the papers, said some unusual things.

“I’ve behaved in the right way, despite the fact that I have suffered some grave injustice. Now I want to clear a few things up.

“I’ve never placed a bet in my life, but I’ve become an advert for the betting scandal.”

Conte was placed in the dock after being accused of wrongdoing by Filippo Carobbio, a former player of his in Tuscany.

“They judged Pippo Carobbio, who they painted as my best friend, as a reliable and credible person, while the Federal Prosecutor has deemed me not credible,” the former midfielder added.

"What the Federal Prosecutor said is chilling. I consider a plea bargain blackmail. I'm an innocent person, yet I’m told by my lawyer to plea bargain.

“It’s embarrassing. They have ruined my credibility in the changing room. Those people who know me know what type of person Antonio Conte is. I’m used to winning on the field of play.

“It’s all absurd. Everyone needs to understand what has been done to me because it is embarrassing.

“Now I’m afraid to argue with one of my own players. If I send one of my players into the stands then this type of thing can happen.

“They believe the word of someone who has been selling games for three and a half years, someone who sold his family.

“What can I do? Take a camcorder with me everywhere which records my every move? This type of thing can now happen to anyone.

“Today it has happened to me, tomorrow it could happen to one of my colleagues or a player. People need to open their eyes and not put their heads in the sand.”

And does THIS sound right to anyone here-->

Conte's assistant “I’m here today, but I still don’t understand why, I was charged and sentenced without even being interviewed by the prosecution. I was judged without ever being heard!”

Skill still prevails.

Not in CS:Source!

Feorax

@GuillemBalague: We do know now why Sahin hasnt accepted yet the loan deal to Arsenal. His agent met yesterday Anfield owners. He wants all info on table

It would be hillarious if he stayed at Madrid.

It would be hillarious if he stayed at Madrid.

I think everyone but Madrid would come out of it pretty badly

Liverpool: Should have got it sealed when we had the chance
Arsenal: Should have seen the oppurtunity they had, and acted accordingly
Sahin: Should have moved to Arsenal, would waste another year of his career

Yen

BTW, did anyone buy FM12 for cheap lately? It's £20 on steam, would prefer to buy it for DL. May just download my dad's steam account rather than pay a fair chunk.

Arnie

BTW, did anyone buy FM12 for cheap lately? It's £20 on steam, would prefer to buy it for DL. May just download my dad's steam account rather than pay a fair chunk.

My mate bought it from Gamersgate for £6 the other day, check there. Can be Steam activated too.

Tired of Sahin saga. Just let him go to Arsenal and be done with it, we all know that's what's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom