• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Being genuine.

It's no surprise, few matches will ever live up to the quality of Clasico these days...but from what I saw Hearts vs Liverpool really was dull. Liverpool looked pretty sluggish and Hearts are Hearts.

It's been dull no question. Absolutely not what you'd hope to see from your team. To be fair there were three occasions where Borini was wrongfully called offside and would have been sent clear through on goal.

Also, no Suarez. Whatever – no excuses it was a poor game. Hopefully the Anfield leg will be better

Mastadon

Banned
It's been dull no question. Absolutely not what you'd hope to see from your team. To be fair there were three occasions where Borini was wrongfully called offside and would have been sent clear through on goal.

Also, no Suarez. Whatever – no excuses it was a poor game. Hopefully the Anfield leg will be better

I'd describe it as professional.

ShogunX

Being genuine.

It's no surprise, few matches will ever live up to the quality of Clasico these days...but from what I saw Hearts vs Liverpool really was dull. Liverpool looked pretty sluggish and Hearts are Hearts.

I've no doubt you were being genuine but your original statement can be applied to about 99% of football matches played.

Anyway - Job done for Liverpool. That will do pig.

Yen

Might not bother with El Classico, it'll be a snoozefest.

I loved Aliens this morning. I threw up a bit in my mouth, so that is the highest compliment I can pay any scary horror/scifi film.

Fry

Meh, won't bother with El Clasico. I won't be able to watch the second half anyways.

Looking forward to watch the Bundesliga in HD tomorrow!!!!

Arnie

Here we go.

From James Pearce at the Liverpool Echo:

#LFC now in pole position to sign Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid. After this morning's glimmer of hope, LFC much more positive.

Mustn't get hyped.

Hixx

Might not bother with El Classico, it'll be a snoozefest.

I loved Aliens this morning. I threw up a bit in my mouth, so that is the highest compliment I can pay any scary horror/scifi film.

Aliens isn't scary!

Watch Alien if you haven't. That is the only one that is scary.

Is still injured. But he has impressed me so far as much as Dzeko. I wonder why ManU let go of him, he is deadly.
Doesn't sound like the Diouf we had at all.

Maybe he just needed confidence and a run of games. Anyhow, happy for him. Done very well since he left.

Mastadon

Banned
Agree. He's a tidy little dribbler as well, not afraid to just burn players with a quick 5 yard dash.

He just looks really competent. I'm not constantly worrying that he's going to give the ball away with a stupid pass like I am with some of our other players.

PaulLFC

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Sahin choice should be made pretty soon. AFC and LFC agreed all with Madrid. Now up to player. At LFC they think he can still be convinced

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho
#LFC now in pole position to sign Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid. After this morning's glimmer of hope, LFC much more positive.

Getting tedious this now. Just sign for someone and get it over with.

Arnie

Good. I'm glad to see you guys see what I have always seen in Joe Allen ;) wonderful player.

In fairness, you were confident of him far earlier than I was at least. I just didn't pay much notice of him last season, when I obviously should have. Lovely little footballer, if you didn't know anything about him, and someone said he was Spanish, you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

MPW

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Sahin choice should be made pretty soon. AFC and LFC agreed all with Madrid. Now up to player. At LFC they think he can still be convinced

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho

Getting tedious this now. Just sign for someone and get it over with.

why would sahin pick pool when arsenal got cl?

GorillaJu

In fairness, you were confident of him far earlier than I was at least. I just didn't pay much notice of him last season, when I obviously should have. Lovely little footballer, if you didn't know anything about him, and someone said he was Spanish, you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Haha I will gladly give myself a little credit for calling this one. I was praying we signed him during the last winter transfer window. Dream signing for me. Looks so comfortable on the ball, gives full effort every game, quality passing and movement, holds off defenders and dribbles out of compact spaces like he's got no one else there. Every manager would love him IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom