• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Nuri Sahin set to have medical at Liverpool tomorrow ahead of season-long loan move to Anfield. More to come from @AHunterGuardian shortly

More first team football?

Debatable. He can certainly establish himself. Arteta's position isn't guaranteed if Sahin makes an impression, especially since we've lacked creativity with our current set up. Wilshere will not walk back into midfield either, so the central midfield is really open for any takers at this moment. I think he could have a more telling impact at Arsenal than Anfield in all honesty.

There was once a time had a lot of respect for Real Madrid, the antics of their players over the last few Classicos has been awful.

WTF Contrau 2 footed challenge to scissors take down? Pathetic really.

Not to say Barca is blameless with their constant play acting and diving, best football in the world terrible sportsmen.

Sahin saga has reached silly levels now SSN and Bild saying he has had his medical at Arsenal already. I would love him at Arsenal maybe he was convinced to go to Liverpoool no idea, another journo said Liverpool were confident he would still join.

Arnie

never underestimate the allure of working with managerial legend Brendan Rodgers

I'm surprised Real didn't push him to go to Arsenal, to be honest. If they're worried about him not wanting to leave Arsenal next summer, they shouldn't be, Arsene's great at facilitating that.

GorillaJu

never underestimate the allure of working with managerial legend Brendan Rodgers

Lol you were fucking laughing off our chances earlier (in fact everyone in this thread was) and now it looks like its going our way it's the passive aggressive attitude?

It's your club's fault they don't want a pure loan, not Liverpool's. Blame Wenger. Sahin wants to go to Arsenal but they obviously don't want him for only one year.

Feorax

I'm surprised Real didn't push him to go to Arsenal, to be honest. If they're worried about him not wanting to leave Arsenal next summer, they shouldn't be, Arsene's great at facilitating that.

Can we do the "best midfield" song again if he signs?

Sahin - Lucas - Allen

Fuck...

Aliens is much scarier than Alien. I prefer Aliens over Alien.

iAxN2SbhnD8W9.gif

Alien > everything that isn't Alien. Always and forever.

It's understandable why they haven't pushed for Liverpool - the manager may not even be there in five months time

Damn Arsenal fans getting real bitter :lol

How on earth have they ballsed that up. Wenger too stubborn for his own good if he insisted on a loan with a view to buy deal.

GorillaJu

Hopefully he doesn't show up for the medical.

I really think he was never scheduled for a medical at Arsenal, the "he was supposed to come but never showed up" line is damage control from the "ITKs" when they guessed wrong on their guesswork.

Twitter ITKs aren't club insiders, they are fans.

PaulLFC

Damn Arsenal fans getting real bitter :lol

How on earth have they ballsed that up. Wenger too stubborn for his own good if he insisted on a loan with a view to buy deal.
I'm not too confident yet, because there was the other time we were "definitely signing him" and then Arsenal came back in. But the reactions are hilarious.

Arnie

I still fully expect him to go to Arsenal, by the way.

Won't fully celebrate until I see him in a naughty Warrior number.

I really think he was never scheduled for a medical at Arsenal, the "he was supposed to come but never showed up" line is damage control from the "ITKs" when they guessed wrong on their guesswork.

Twitter ITKs aren't club insiders, they are fans.
Perhaps but the one who called it for Arsenal has literally got every thing right all summer.

Obv. doesn't mean he can't be wrong...but it's also possible he had genuine information, it just no longer applies.

jtb

Banned

:( Sad but true.

Lol you were fucking laughing off our chances earlier (in fact everyone in this thread was) and now it looks like its going our way it's the passive aggressive attitude?

It's your club's fault they don't want a pure loan, not Liverpool's. Blame Wenger. Sahin wants to go to Arsenal but they obviously don't want him for only one year.

It looks like it's going your way? It looked like it was going your way before Song was sold too. He still prefers Arsenal, Mourinho/Alonso connection + Rodgers' famed development of youth players and all. We'll see where he ends up after the transfer window closes.

Plasma

Banned
From the sounds of it he was ready to sign for us on Monday but we insisted going back and trying to lower the purchase price at the end of the year.

Our own bloody fault, so it is going to be another mad dash to find a midfielder before the end of the transfer window, just great.

Hope we go for Fellaini but I'd imagine the price Everton would slap on him would be way over what we'd be willing to pay (Despite just making 39m on player sales in a week).

GorillaJu

You guys can cry and trash talk Liverpool all you want. At the end of the day if he's in a LFC jersey it's because your manager and negotiator blew the deal. Liverpool is just in a good position to take advantage of the opportunity your manager seems to refuse to.

You were in pole position. Wenger balls it up. All there is to it

PaulLFC

It looks like it's going your way? It looked like it was going your way before Song was sold too. He still prefers Arsenal, Mourinho/Alonso connection + Rodgers' famed development of youth players and all. We'll see where he ends up after the transfer window closes.
Haha does he now, and how do you know that? There's no quotes from Sahin as far as I can see, it's all paper talk, just like the last 4 or 5 times his destination has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom