• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

You guys can cry and trash talk Liverpool all you want. At the end of the day if he's in a LFC jersey it's because your manager and negotiator blew the deal. Liverpool is just in a good position to take advantage of the opportunity your manager seems to refuse to.

You were in pole position. Wenger balls it up. All there is to it

I'm truly baffled at today's developments. There were even (faked) photos of him in here the other day in Arsenal training gear. People were wondering which day he'd be swooping in for his medical. The famed Arsenal ITK's were saying he'd had his first Arsenal photoshoot done. This all feels very surreal, with the Marca and Ballague news in the day, and now the Echo and the Guardian saying it's tipped Liverpool's way.

Arsenal fucked this up big time.

GorillaJu

:( Sad but true.

It looks like it's going your way? It looked like it was going your way before Song was sold too. He still prefers Arsenal, Mourinho/Alonso connection + Rodgers' famed development of youth players and all. We'll see where he ends up after the transfer window closes.

Are you like 16, dude? My goodness. Take a chill pill – it does in fact seem that he's coming to Liverpool, with Marca and the Guardian now emphatically claiming so, but you seem intent on making it seem like we swindled or weaseled the deal. Your club had its chance and appears to have blown it. Stop being a child about it.

pulga

Banned
There's not much to say about El Clasico. Madrid are playing like shit and Barca is snoozing me with all dat passing.

GorillaJu

It doesn't change for us if we fail to sign Sahin. Wilshere and Cazorla midfield alone is enough to do triangles around the city of Liverpool

Thankfully of the 38 season games, not all 38 of them are Arsenal FC vs City of Liverpool. For the other 36 of them (34 if you're including Everton), we'll gladly use our midfield advantage with Sahin – if this happens – thank you very much.

pulga

Banned
My stream is shit, was that a clean one by Ramos?

Edit: By the responses I take it Alexis dived.

TYPICAL FARCAS

I still can't get over the fact that Real signs Sahin from us for so cheap...I'd be okay if he's actually playing but no, apparently the only reason they buy him is because he's a bargain....Use their fame to lure young players come. If they perform well(like Ozil does) then obviously they get a deal, but if not, they might still be able to sell the players for a premium.....

Feorax

I still don't get it though. You could get Allen, Michu, and Sahin (loan) for less than £20 million combined, and yet United still haven't bought any CM's?

Clegg

It will be interesting to see how Sahin copes in the PL.

I've heard that both SAF and AVB think that he wouldn't be able to deal with the leagues pace and style of play.

I'd still like to see him at United though.

Arnie

I got a email from Soccer Triads with a 10% off code. I am tempt on the Barca shirt with Sergio on it.

It'll go nicely with your Nasri shirt.

It will be interesting to see how Sahin copes in the PL.

I've heard that both SAF and AVB think that he wouldn't be able to deal with the leagues pace and style of play.
He'd find it tough against Nick 'lightning' Powell.

Salvadora

alexis u diving twat

1iY89.gif

And still lose one nil?

As opposed to 3-0? ;)

This is sad to watch.

Come on Meus. He hasn't even signed for them yet, this will look quite silly if Sahin actually ends up at Arsenal.

To be honest Arsenal fans just want new signings. The desire to sign him is based largely on this, rather than a specific need for what Sahin offers - and its debatable whether he really is the type we need in this midfield, but no doubt he would improve it. But the Sahin question isn't critical to our season. I just hope we sign someone decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom