• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Only reason I could see Sahin going to Liverpool over Arsenal would be no buy option at the end of the year. To be honest I'd rather have someone already at Arsenal given a chance to play than train up a Real Madrid player for them.

Arnie

Only reason I could see Sahin going to Liverpool over Arsenal would be no buy option at the end of the year. To be honest I'd rather have someone already at Arsenal given a chance to play than train up a Real Madrid player for them.

tumblr_lxspg5B0jD1qd7qsjo2_400.gif

I don't see Sahin has any future in Madrid.....Alonso still has 2 to 3 good years left, plus they will have Modric.......

He will play well for liverpool, and most likely will be sold next year to premier sides with a premium....

Arnie

he'll fuck off to germany by the end of the year when the bin dippers break into his house and take his medals

When I hear you say 'bin dippers' I imagine you screeching it like American commentary shouting 'Red Bulls' or 'Yankees' or something.

'And the Bin Dippers have the ball at their D line'

Lunchbox

Banned
When I hear you say 'bin dippers' I imagine you screeching it like American commentary shouting 'Red Bulls' or 'Yankees' or something.

'And the Bin Dippers have the ball at their D line'

i returned my season ticket for the red sox this year after realizing i paid for that donkey kenny's scrub brigade. so you can thank me for every assist downing provides. I own more of liverpool than you ever have in your life

but good thing is sox are in bottom half of the table like liverpool and that JT john henry has no more money left to waste on your dump. so both of you can grab each other and keep drowning in mediocrity for the next 2-3 decades now.

I think this is Wenger's exact thinking. And I think it's pretty reasonable.

IMO Sahin is good enough that when you consider how easily RM let some players go its worth the risk. But for sure, using him for the year and holding back, say Ramsey/Wilshere or at Liverpool somebody like Henderson, is something you don't want to be doing if Sahin is just going to go back to Madrid next year.

In Liverpools case however they need all the top quality players they can get right now to help get them up the table so it's more worth it for them.

Mumei

That 11-29-2010 El Classico someone mentioned earlier in the thread was amazing. I knew it seemed like they had the ball twice as much as Madrid in that game, but I was still surprised when one of the commentators mentioned them having 72% possession in the first half.

Also:

Only for a month.

*nod*

I think this is Wenger's exact thinking. And I think it's pretty reasonable.

IMO Sahin is good enough that when you consider how easily RM let some players go its worth the risk. But for sure, using him for the year and holding back, say Ramsey/Wilshere or at Liverpool somebody like Henderson, is something you don't want to be doing if Sahin is just going to go back to Madrid next year.

In Liverpools case however they need all the top quality players they can get right now to help get them up the table so it's more worth it for them.

It must be hard for Wenger though...He has been following Sahin throughout his career. I recall we were offered 3M euros for Sahin when he was only 16(Fabregas wasn't bought for more if my memory serves me right) and at the time hadn't even played a match for us....He also praised Sahin as one of the best players among his age group......

still, it will be interesting to see how Rogers incorporates Nuri into the squad......I see him as an obvious upgrade from Adam, Henderson or Joe Allen. If only he can find his old form again....

Arnie

i returned my season ticket for the red sox this year after realizing i paid for that donkey kenny's scrub brigade. so you can thank me for every assist downing provides. I own more of liverpool than you ever have in your life

but good thing is sox are in bottom half of the table like liverpool and that JT john henry has no more money left to waste on your dump. so both of you can grab each other and keep drowning in mediocrity for the next 2-3 decades now.

hahahaha, you support a top baseball team to go alongside your top handegg team and top football team. I'd love to see you talk sports in real life, you must come across as a right character.

Lunchbox

Banned
hahahaha, you support a top baseball team to go alongside your top handegg team and top football team. I'd love to see you talk sports in real life, you must come across as a right character.
scouse education system at work. red sox, patriots, celtics are all based on the same city. same city that bailed out your bankrupt outfit.

like i said, without me you'd be NewCo merseyside in the 3rd division.

red sox are dog shit, no where near a top team

Arnie

scouse education system at work. red sox, patriots, celtics are all based on the same city. same city that bailed out your bankrupt outfit.

like i said, without me you'd be NewCo merseyside in the 3rd division.

red sox are dog shit now, no where near a top team

I'm afraid to inform you that the British education system doesn't teach the geography of American sports.

Thanks for your money, though.

Lunchbox

Banned
I'm afraid to inform you that the British education system doesn't teach the geography of American sports.

Thanks for your money, though.
yeah, im sorry, i shouldnt expect a liverpool fan to realize the connection between, THE BOSTON red sox, THE BOSTON celtics, THE BOSTON patriots (renamed new england later).

i want my money back

RedSox are pants!

Lunchbox supports Patriots? Damnnn last Superbowl must have hurt.

Ryder

Has this been posted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...als-on-Premier-League-financial-controls.html

It will be a joke if this gets passed through.

Some good comments in the article.

Not surprising its the Americans who are in favour of it, all they want to do is monopolize it. IE similar to American pro sports.

This will end up degrading the product because of lower costs and the owners will end up taking the profits.

basically owners that want to take money out of clubs, will support the rule. Owners that want to put money into clubs won't.

If its run along UEFA FFP lines it has nothing to with debt, its all about lowing costs and getting the extra profit.

Has this been posted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...als-on-Premier-League-financial-controls.html

It will be a joke if this gets passed through.

Some good comments in the article.

Not surprising its the Americans who are in favour of it, all they want to do is monopolize it. IE similar to American pro sports.

This will end up degrading the product because of lower costs and the owners will end up taking the profits.

basically owners that want to take money out of clubs, will support the rule. Owners that want to put money into clubs won't.

If its run along UEFA FFP lines it has nothing to with debt, its all about lowing costs and getting the extra profit.
I think it has more to do with limiting sugar daddy owners than it has to do with siphoning off profits.

But, plausible nonetheless. But in that scenario - why are Chelsea supporting/pushing it? No American owner, no desire to steal away profits?

Lunchbox

Banned
that would be wengers dream, but the premier league would just become a feeder league for spain and italy

it has to be europe wide for it too work. then players would end up in the middle east and china. so its never happening

Kozak

Banned
Congrats Liverpool :D I really hope he plays well for you guys.

Looks like I'll be dividing my attention between Arsenal and Liverpool this season!

Ryder

I think it has more to do with limiting sugar daddy owners than it has to do with siphoning off profits.

But, plausible nonetheless. But in that scenario - why are Chelsea supporting/pushing it? No American owner, no desire to steal away profits?

Hmm maybe they dont want to spend big anymore.

De Gea is going to be amazing. Will fight it out with Hart to be the PL's best, but I think De Gea has the potential to be better.

I really think his reflexes and reaction skills are top notch already. When he learns to become more assertive and dominant over his box (and that will come with time and experience), I think he'll be world class.

Still will struggle to be a top 3 keeper in his own country though.

Probably because Chelsea have already put money in. This would limit future competition.
If Chelsea want to stay competitive long term they need Abramovich's millions.

You saw what their team was like last season and they still weren't turning a profit.

It could limit future competition but equally it might not. If there are no spending limits City and PSG can basically dominate football together, if they really wanted to - not very competitive.

I'm not really a fan of FFP myself, but I don't buy the argument that FFP kills competition. It only does to a certain extent. Not any more than no-FFP does anyway.

I really think his reflexes and reaction skills are top notch already. When he learns to become more assertive and dominant over his box (and that will come with time and experience), I think he'll be world class.

Still will struggle to be a top 3 keeper in his own country though.

Really? He's better than Valdes and Reina already. Reina's been crap for 12 months. Valdes is overrated.

ATF487

Yes, because everyone calls them the Boston Patriots, don't they.

That was the name of the team before they moved to old Foxboro stadium with its shitty bleacher seats and dirt parking lots.

You guys can hate Lunchbox but don't bring my American teams into this!!!!111

G17

If the 70% figure is true that would have made Sahin one of our highest paid players wouldn't it? More than players like Sagna that's for sure. We really need to make our wages more competitive so that we can pull off loans/transfers like these. Also keep them..

edit: Then again, we do need to have a 10-15 million profit every year to pay off the stadium. Until then our wages will remain the same.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That 11-29-2010 El Classico someone mentioned earlier in the thread was amazing. I knew it seemed like they had the ball twice as much as Madrid in that game, but I was still surprised when one of the commentators mentioned them having 72% possession in the first half.

Also:

*nod*
By the way Mumei, don't listen to the evil, jealous detractors in this thread. The SPL is the best, most exciting league in the world. Trust me.

Here is the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r-n8lFwPto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom