• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Corona > Valdés

Holy shit. lolol I just got around to watching this shit. No wonder he's Casillas sub in the NT.

Also, very cool of Jon Van't Schip to publicly apologise for Chivas' performance on Tuesday. Mad props to him.

elsk

Banned
Corona > Valdés

Holy shit. lolol I just got around to watching this shit. No wonder he's Casillas sub in the NT.

Also, very cool of Jon Van't Schip to publicly apologise for Chivas' performance on Tuesday. Mad props to him.

Great, now he will stay longer!
My team didn't even qualify for fucking CONCACAF Champions League, so I'm not saying anything else :(

Sage00

Once And Future Member
its like watching brazil my high school team.

even the grass is missing on one end of the field, so authentic
Welcome to winter football in the same hemisphere as Moscow, where Celtic are pretty much the only team who can afford to heat the pitch and look after the grass. Another brilliant idea from the SFA.

Mumei

By the way Mumei, don't listen to the evil, jealous detractors in this thread. The SPL is the best, most exciting league in the world. Trust me.

Here is the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r-n8lFwPto

- English Premier League
- La Liga BBVA
- Champion's League
- Bundesliga (someone was mentioning that to me recently...)
- Old games
- and now this

@_@

I watched Ironi Kiryat Shmona at BATE Borisov in Champion's League tonight. I have like five matches to watch in that league alone. Anyone want to tell me which of the recent games in that league are most worth it?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
- English Premier League
- La Liga BBVA
- Champion's League
- Old games
- and now this

@_@

I watched Ironi Kiryat Shmona at BATE Borisov in Champion's League tonight. I have like five matches to watch in that league alone. Anyone want to tell me which of the recent games in that league are most worth it?
Watch Liga MX.

Actually don't, it's shit.

Have you watched any international matches yet?

Mumei

From my perspective, every match I have watched has been an international match so you'll probably have to explain what that means.

From my perspective, every match I have watched has been an international match so you'll probably have to explain what that means.

International = country vs country games

Each country calls up their best players to represent the country. Not their best players from their league, but rather players born in said country.

bjaelke

First alternative to Berbatov: Nicklas Bendtner . Price 8.5 million

Fiorentina
KuGsj.gif

Zabojnik

So.. Any Juve fans here worried that Conte won't be able to take charge in match days?

Well, yeah, obviously. We'll see how the TNAS appeal goes and after that there's always the possibility that Conte will decide to violate the compromissory clause and go outside sports justice. Don't know what the consequences would be for him in that case, but seeing how laughable, full of glaring holes and inconsistencies the accusations are, I hope he goes all the way. Conte was already cleared of any wrong doings by the state's prosecution, it's the federal prosecution that's leading this pantomime of a trial. Everybody's talking how the sports justice is a joke and how it must be reformed in light of recent events. Which is fine, but why the fuck should Conte suffer an unjust ban because of a retarded judicial system?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The problem with international teams is that they're pretty much patchwork sides. These players only play with each other maybe a couple weeks per year, and a lot of them even play in completely different leagues all with very different styles of football. So the quality of football in general is a lot lower than club football imo, where you have superstar teams like Barca/Real with all the best players from around the world.

The World Cup is still the biggest spectacle in football, though. Purely because it brings out the tribal nature in entire countries and unites them (whereas at least half of England were cheering on Bayern in that CL final, for example).

Jabo

- English Premier League
- La Liga BBVA
- Champion's League
- Old games
- and now this

@_@

I don't see Serie A
AC Milan
on that list. I blame you Juve-gaf for this!

PaulLFC

No buy-out clause for Sahin? What's the fucking point? :/
If we got into the Champions League and Sahin played a key part in getting us there then I certainly wouldn't complain.

Read in the Metro this morning that VDV is going back to Hamburg, rubbish surely? Haven't read it anywhere else, and lol Metro.

Zabojnik

dzekocorriere.png

KuGsj.gif

How much were City asking for Dzeko when BAYEEEEEERNNNN!!! was interested back in June or July? Do we know? They shut down a 25M€ bid from Bayern, something like that, I think.

Zabojnik

Please don't take Dzeko away D:

Don't worry, dc. It's not happening. Not even if City were to buy Jovetic, imo. It's just bullshit that gets thrown around, so journalists will be able to say that it was all part of Marotta's strategy to put pressure on Bilbao for Llorente in a few days. Rey Leon is not happening either, btw. We are already dead.

#BorrielloOsvaldoFuture

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I was rewatching yesterday's match and it's funny how it went from a possible 4-1 (casillas made a godly save here) to a 3-2.

oh valdes you dumbfuck. somehow he is the only barcelona player I can't stand. I even like Busquets because his technical ability is incredible, regardless of his antics Busquets is talented as hell, but Valdes has nothing he is the team biggest JT and the most unlikeable member of this Barcelona team.

I never get tired of these clasicos, I don't think you get a better match in football these days.

FuturusX

I was rewatching yesterday's match and it's funny how it went from a possible 4-1 (casillas made a godly save here) to a 3-2.

oh valdes you dumbfuck. somehow he is the only barcelona player I can't stand. I even like Busquets because his technical ability is incredible, regardless of his antics Busquets is talented as hell, but Valdes has nothing he is the team biggest JT and the most unlikeable member of this Barcelona team.

Pinto and his ponytail say hello...

PaulLFC

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if he went to Liverpool its because they didn't angle for a buyout clause.
Yep, that's pretty much it. From what has been reported, this happened:

Arsenal: "Give us a buy out clause."
Real: "Hmm... okay, £14 million."
Arsenal: "£14 million?! Lower than that, surely?"
Real: "Nope, £14 million."
Arsenal: "Eh, nope."
Liverpool: "So, how about we pay more of his wages, and we won't ask for a buy out clause?"
Real: "Deal."

LegoArmo

Jones started training yesterday, Van Persie is in line to start tomorrow, and Ferguson says "we definitely won't be buying anyone else".

Büttner might be on the bench.

Carbonox

Ba and Coloccini are doubts for tomorrow's match at Chelsea. Regarding Ba, it might be a blessing as it means we can go to a 4-3-3 formation which may give us more of a fighting chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom