• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're so shit this entire match... Bremen really deserves a point here....

Well Reus does possess more individual threat than Kagawa did, but he isn't the play maker type who makes everyone surrounding him better...... If Gotze is injured then we are really fucked......

Tough season ahead...

Meier

Interesting, Gareth Barry played in the U21 match today for City (first half only.. his first football in 3.5 months essentially). Does anyone know what sort of age restrictions there are?

fuenf

Well if only the games against Bayern are taken into account, then I guess we're indeed lucky, that's why I kinda felt relieved after losing the super cup. The streak has to come to an end at sometime ;) 

a reasonable Dortmund fan, i cant believe it :) Hey!

Well Reus does possess more individual threat than Kagawa did, but he isn't the play maker type who makes everyone surrounding him better...... If Gotze is injured then we are really fucked......

Tough season ahead...

yeah Kagawa made the Dortmund system work but i wouldnt overreact, Dortmund are easily a top 3 team. Only thing troubling is there defense, looked like absolute shit at times.

D_prOdigy

Interesting, Gareth Barry played in the U21 match today for City (first half only.. his first football in 3.5 months essentially). Does anyone know what sort of age restrictions there are?

They allow three over-age outfield players and one over-age keeper into the squad. Darren Fletcher played United's first game the other day, for instance.

elsk

Banned

Tough season ahead...

I already said so after the Supercup, Reus should play in the wing and Goetze as #10 behind the striker.

Zabojnik

Tough season ahead...

You've already won the Bundesliga and you know it. Rolls-Reus ftw.

elsk

Banned

iRBYlHmeOXLsP.gif

Meier

But how will Wigan stay up now without Moses?

I think I had read before that they finally were going to take 10m. That isn't that much money in the grand scheme of things especially with 1 week to replace him. Hopefully for their sake this isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as staying up.

would be against any other team, but Dortmund are the ultimate 'horse shoe up their ass team'

it's unbelievable how much luck they always have, not to say it isnt deserved but they are crazy lucky
My father said the same thing, I laughed. Petersen was extremely lucky to even touch the ball in that situation. Scoring that one would have been, well, how do I say that? It would have been crazy as fuck too good to be true lucky.

yeah Kagawa made the Dortmund system work but i wouldnt overreact, Dortmund are easily a top 3 team. Only thing troubling is there defense, looked like absolute shit at times.

That's what they said when Sahin left, there is no typical Dortmund system. Once Reus has fully settled and Gündogan is back to his old form, we'll play just as good as last season. Different? Yeah, maybe, but who cares? Götze could be the icing on the cake.

So I just got in and saw that we apparently bid 50 million for Hulk. And other shitty rumors say we have bid 40 million for Nani too. And apparently Nani is demanding 200k a week in wages. I don't really think either guy is worth it but hey it's not my money. If we can make a big splash in the Champions League I guess it could be worth it.

deroli

Phew those three points were hard work.
We showed a mediocre performance at best. Bremen had more chances today, but we made a better use of the few opportunities we got. That was the difference between both teams.
There is soo much to improve before the next match, I don't know where to start. I hope we will see Perisic or Götze in the next starting eleven. Although I really like Großkreutz, he has been subpar since quite a while. Not only he has been invincible when Dortmund had ball possession, he also failed to support Schmelzer when Bremen attacked. That has been the case with Kuba and Kirch, too. Soo many 1 on 1 situations for Elia and Astronautovic... this match could have ended really bad for Dortmund.

But I'm glad we succeeded in the end. Nothing like enjoying a cold beer after a hard won victory :)

a reasonable Dortmund fan, i cant believe it :) Hey!

Haha you are welcome. Guess I already passed the angry teenager phase now. Trying to enjoy football as much as possible without letting blood rush into my head all the time...

You are right, the gap between bvb/bayern and rest of the teams is so huge that the scenario of us dropping out of top three is unimaginable..... But if we want to keep Lewandowski/Gotze/Reus we will have to do much better in the CL, with this form I can easily see us getting destroyed by the veteran teams...=\

I already said so after the Supercup, Reus should play in the wing and Goetze as #10 behind the striker.

It's Klopp so weird decisions are expected.....He put Gundogan on the DM position and turns out he's right, even though it only happened after halfway through the season.....

You had some great plays/moments, the rest such as the lacking defense could be because it's the start of the season. Give it some time, you have a great team and I'm sure you won't disappoint. I'm saying that as a Bayern fan who wouldn't have minded if you had lost tonight.

You might not have had a world class performance, but you were far from shit.

Yea, guess I overreacted. But hey, it's the start of season, hard not to get excited ;)

Well you certainly helped us by sending the wonderful Elia to Werder, so grazie I guess ;)

It's Klopp so weird decisions are expected.....He put Gundogan on the DM position and turns out he's right, even though it only happened after halfway through the season.....

How was Gündogan as DM a weird decision? Everyone expected him to play there.

Reus in the centre isn't a weird decision either. He's way more dangerous there, just like his first two BVB matches showed. Götze showed he can bring in enough creativity at RW or LW, too. And it's not like Reus is shit at passing, he just needs a bit more time with the team and he'll play awesome passes as well.

Phew those three points were hard work.
We showed a mediocre performance at best. Bremen had more chances today, but we made a better use of the few opportunities we got. That was the difference between both teams.
There is soo much to improve before the next match, I don't know where to start. I hope we will see Perisic or Götze in the next starting eleven. Although I really like Großkreutz, he has been subpar since quite a while. Not only he has been invincible when Dortmund had ball possession, he also failed to support Schmelzer when Bremen attacked. That has been the case with Kuba and Kirch, too. Soo many 1 on 1 situations for Elia and Astronautovic... this match could have ended really bad for Dortmund.

But I'm glad we succeeded in the end. Nothing like enjoying a cold beer after a hard won victory :)

I guess the only positive thing to be taken from this match is we are much better at converting chances into goals.....I feel Kagawa's departure really affects Großkreutz's play in a bad way.....All of our attacking midfielders like to dribble or shot which is not a good thing for him since he relies heavily on his off the ball movement during attacks....I love him as every borussia fan does but he really needs to cool his head on the bench for a while...I hope to see Perisic more often, he's so good at finding chances and scoring... Probably the best I have seen in our squad for a long time.....

I guess Klopp/Zorc still have high hopes for Koch, probably the reason they didn't bring in another proper right back....I can only hope Piszczek/Schmelzer will stay out from injuries otherwise we really don't have any proper substitutes.

How was Gündogan as DM a weird decision? Everyone expected him to play there.

Reus in the centre isn't a weird decision either. He's way more dangerous there, just like his first two BVB matches showed. Götze showed he can bring in enough creativity at RW or LW, too. And it's not like Reus is shit at passing, he just needs a bit more time with the team and he'll play awesome passes as well.

Well he made his name by playing AM for Nuremburg. Have you forgotten his performances in the first few months playing as a DM? trying to dribble too much during attacks, terrible long ball passings, always out of position during defends.....Even Klopp gave up on him. If it wasn't for Bender/Leitner's injuries he'd probably be gone already.

Reus does have that killer pass, but he is more of a finisher type which made Großkreutz pretty much useless during our attack..... I guess that's the major problem need to be addressed.

Sloosha

I'd be fine with it. ESPN and some other outlets seem to think were still in for one more up front, though.

I think we're done too, although that centre midfield pairing of Lampard and Mikel still worries me.

Really excited to see Ki at Swansea.

So I just got in and saw that we apparently bid 50 million for Hulk. And other shitty rumors say we have bid 40 million for Nani too. And apparently Nani is demanding 200k a week in wages. I don't really think either guy is worth it but hey it's not my money. If we can make a big splash in the Champions League I guess it could be worth it.

If he doesn't sign this month or by January, we should probably let Nani go for that much. Don't want to see us lose a player in his last year for peanuts, even though I'm one of those fans who thinks Nani is a bit underrated at the moment, after a few spells of injury and poor form. I'm confident he'll renew though.

Really feel for Berbatov. Deserves to be let go at this stage, even at cut-price. Kiko should follow him out the door. Already thought Will Keane is a better footballer than him, and what I've seen of Angelo Henriquez is equally promising.

Reports say United have first option on Hector Herrera through January to next summer. Injured at the moment so he probably wouldn't have passed the medical. Gives us time to see whether certain midfielders can step up and how likely a Fletcher comeback will be, I suppose.

Well he made his name by playing AM for Nuremburg. Have you forgotten his performances in the first few months playing as a DM? trying to dribble too much during attacks, terrible long ball passings, always out of position during defends.....Even Klopp gave up on him. If it wasn't for Bender/Leitner's injuries he'd probably be gone already.

Reus does have that killer pass, but he is more of a finisher type which made Großkreutz pretty much useless during our attack..... I guess that's the major problem need to be addressed.

Gündogan played CM for Nürnberg most of the time. Not a step that big to a DM/CM like Sahin was. He played bad at the beginning because he had to get used to Klopp's system and the "Sahin replacement" sticker on him was too much pressure. I very much doubt he would be gone, Klopp knows what he's doing and which players he wants.

Oh, come on. It was one damn match with Reus and Großkreutz, to draw any conclusions from that is stupid. Reus needs more matches with the team and Großkreutz had one of his off games. It's not like that hasn't happened with Shinji, there were plenty of matches were Großkreutz did absolutely nothing with Kagawa on the pitch.

kharma45

If he doesn't sign this month or by January, we should probably let Nani go for that much. Don't want to see us lose a player in his last year for peanuts, even though I'm one of those fans who thinks Nani is a bit underrated at the moment, after a few spells of injury and poor form. I'm confident he'll renew though.

Really feel for Berbatov. Deserves to be let go at this stage, even at cut-price. Kiko should follow him out the door. Already thought Will Keane is a better footballer than him, and what I've seen of Angelo Henriquez is equally promising.

Reports say United have first option on Hector Herrera through January to next summer. Injured at the moment so he probably wouldn't have passed the medical. Gives us time to see whether certain midfielders can step up and how likely a Fletcher comeback will be, I suppose.

I'd bite someone's hand, hell their whole fucking arm, off if we got offered that for Nani.

As for Berba, SAF is still messing him around and I feel awfully bad for him. There's been offers but none have been good enough for SAF but at this stage he owes it to Berba just to let him go after messing him around.

:lol Or Bebe :)

Miyachi could do well for them.

I'm still unsure about Ryo. He relies on his speed far too much. He likes to hoof it up and then have his speed catch up to it. It's his go to move. I've heard him say that technique is the most important aspect in football, so that's promising.

Usami is the better talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom