• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I really dont see Allen starting this weekend.

Lucas is going to get you 2, max 3 points though. Why not get someone like Maloney (Wigan) or Noble (West Ham) who take the penalties? Or go up to 6.0 for De Guzman or 6.5 for Michu, both from Swansea, which has the easiest set of opening fixtures in the league?

I'm going to eat so much humble pie if Lucas happens to pop up with a goal this weekend lol

Kyoufu

Lucas in midfield is a mistake. A MISTAKE.

Let's talk about mistakes. :p

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
--------------------
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Tottenham
8. Newcastle
9. Sunderland
10. Fulham

Well guys I'm off to Japan for a year to work with a game studio. I've asked to be banned for about 8 months because I will need to concentrate on the project at hand. I'll come back once I'm settled and work is manageable.

8 months? yikes! good luck!

Well guys I'm off to Japan for a year to work with a game studio. I've asked to be banned for about 8 months because I will need to concentrate on the project at hand. I'll come back once I'm settled and work is manageable.

LegoArmo

I hope you make the next Pro Evo better than ever. Good luck, mate.

Sounds good. I bet you're also glad to be out of Croydon.

Good luck.

Wilbur

Banned

Good luck!

Gonna edit my FPL team when I'm home, gonna set myself the challenge of having one player from a team, so I need 5 teams to drop. I could make it really hard and drop the top 5.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Best of luck man! You can't expect yourself to work 24/7 for 8 months though, you need some off time.
twitter

Premier League

1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
------------------
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Newcastle

------------------
18. Southhampton
19. Reading
20. Norwich

FA Cup: Chelsea

Capitol One Cup: Arsenal

Champions League: Real Madrid

Good Luck!

Still room left for the paid league, only 4 days left for you fence-sitters to join :p

I absolutely loved Family Guy 6 or so years ago, I'd watch like 2 episodes a day and had about 5 seasons on DVD. Then one day I just stopped finding it funny, and haven't watched a full episode since

Liverpool's summer business is very odd. If we can pull Sahin off (oo-er) and keep Skrtel&Agger we'll have done some absolutely brilliant business in the middle, as well as tying Suarez down and the hopefully astute purchase of Borini. But on the other hand, we've lost 3 of our former wingers, and only bought in one player to replace them. This will be solved if we can bring Dempsey in and fast-track Sterling, but that's still a risk

Out:
Aquilani
Adam
Bellamy
Maxi
Kuyt

In:
Borini
Dempsey
Allen
Sahin

Up:
Sterling
Suso?
Robinson

That looks good to me

Still not sure about Borini in the FPL. If things go according to plan, he could easily match Suarez's output, and he costs 1.5 less. But then I've got a feeling that Suarez is gonna have a great season

Salvadora

I was bought the Family Guy Star Wars films & found the first tolerable, Probably because it seemed more of a parody of Star Wars. The second and third are total dog shite because they were just Family Guy in SW clothing.

elseanio

Good luck! Can you say who you're going to work for?

Why do people care so much about cricket? Fuck off Sky Sports News.

When cricket's on a knife-edge, its really good. Unfortunately it either takes 3+ days to get to that point, or it never gets there in Test cricket

And 50over & 20/20 have too many of those moments for them to be special imo

Slizz

How come everyone is rating Newcastle to slip past 5th? Demba Ba's knee injury to return? Papiss Cisse to become disinterested?

Ba has a hurt shin supposedly already and Cisse had 14 appearances last season for Newcastle. Being consistently brilliant is tough, lets see if Cisse is up to it.

Wilbur

Banned
How come everyone is rating Newcastle to slip past 5th? Demba Ba's knee injury to return? Papiss Cisse to become disinterested?

All the teams above them are stronger, stronger Liverpool, not enough squad depth for Europe. They'll comfortably finish in the top 10 but not sure where yet. I'm saying 8th.

Kyoufu

All the teams above them are stronger, stronger Liverpool, not enough squad depth for Europe. They'll comfortably finish in the top 10 but not sure where yet. I'm saying 8th.

We're stronger this time too.

But I'm not fussed. The media and armchair experts love to underestimate us, which just means we have more crow to serve them at the end of the season.

Transfer window ain't over yet so still time to get stronger and stronger.

Yen

We're stronger this time too.

But I'm not fussed. The media and armchair experts love to underestimate us, which just means we have more crow to serve them at the end of the season.

How? And as for your second comment: every single fan probably feels the same way about their own club.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Another day gone and Jenas is still on the books. I'm starting to worry for Huddlestone, he didn't get off the bench against Valencia and there are mutterings that AVB doesn't fancy him. He's had horrible injury problems and deserves a chance to prove himself, he looked really good in pre-season.

Aquilani 2.0

Mastadon

Banned
I don't think it's out of the question that Newcastle slip slightly this year. A lot of pressure for them to maintain their form over the season, and teams more likely to park the bus against them now they know how good they are.

Another day gone and Jenas is still on the books. I'm starting to worry for Huddlestone, he didn't get off the bench against Valencia and there are mutterings that AVB doesn't fancy him. He's had horrible injury problems and deserves a chance to prove himself, he looked really good in pre-season.

He's not exactly the archetypal AVB midfielder to be fair.

PaulLFC

Premier League

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man United
4. Liverpool
------------------
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham
7. Newcastle

------------------
18. Norwich
19. Reading
20. Southampton

FA Cup: Arsenal

Capital One Cup: Liverpool

Europa League: Liverpool

Champions League: Barcelona

Kyoufu

How? And as for your second comment: every single fan probably feels the same way about their own club.

This time last year we didn't have Cisse, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and soon to sign Anita.

We didn't have Steven Taylor for half of the season (we were undefeated until he got injured against Chelsea). Sammy Ameobi and Sylvain Marveaux are finally available after injuries.

And still 2 weeks to go for hopefully more signings.

Keep underestimating! <3

edit: This time last year we also had a Ben Arfa who was struggling with fitness after breaking his leg. Now he's roaring to go from the get-go.

How are we NOT stronger?

Salvadora

Premier League

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man United
4. Liverpool
------------------
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham
7. Newcastle

------------------
18. Norwich
19. Reading
20. Southampton

FA Cup: Arsenal

Capital One Cup: Liverpool

Europa League: Liverpool

Champions League: Barcelona

You nearly had me.

Did Arsenal pull out or did someone actually convince him that Liverpool would be an appropriate destination?

jose-mourinho-9.jpg

Apparently Mourinho favored Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom