• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Made a few changes to my squad.. a bit nervous about Oscar with the Olympics and all. The two possible fixtures against presumably easy wins is enticing though.

irBPg8q30bmP1.png

How? And as for your second comment: every single fan probably feels the same way about their own club.

The second comment is fair. All the way through last season we heard 'It's a fluky start to the season' 'It won't last' 'As the season ends they'll trail off' 'Champions League contenders? Ridiculous' etc etc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He's not exactly the archetypal AVB midfielder to be fair.

I know, but he's been a good player for us when fit. Before he got injured, he was captaining us when we won 3-1 against Inter. Now he can't beat Jenas into the starting XI. Jermaine fucking Jenas. I don't want him to end up like Alex and Anelka.

Mastadon

Banned
I know, but he's been a good player for us when fit. Before he got injured, he was captaining us when we won 3-1 against Inter. Now he can't beat Jenas into the starting XI. Jermaine fucking Jenas. I don't want him to end up like Alex and Anelka.

I really like Huddlestone to be honest. He's a very much a luxury player though.

Kyoufu

The guy on SSN just said "Righ yo" when pronouncing Miyaichi's name.

I used to pronounce Ryu in Street Fighter the wrong way too. :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really like Huddlestone to be honest. He's a very much a luxury player though.

I don't know, the season we finished 4th it was him and Modric in the middle most weeks, with Palacios coming in and out. He's still only 25, the last two wasted seasons really should have seen him develop.

Kinda sad to see Jenas' career go the way it did. He had real potential.

Agreed. He used to be a fantastic box to box player. Now he has no mobility and all he does is turn 360 degrees before passing the ball sideways.

Meier

The guy on SSN just said "Righ yo" when pronouncing Miyaichi's name.

I used to pronounce Ryu in Street Fighter the wrong way too. :lol

The MUTV guy says Kagawa in such a funny way. One of their fans suggested he was saying it how Shinji told him it was pronounced, but I can guarantee he is saying the first a quite wrong.

Meier

I look forward to the multiple pronunciations of Eden Hazard we will be treated to this season by English commentators and pundits.

You'd think it was said like we pronounce a hazard but I guess it's closer to "Huh-zard." Some people seem to say Eden similar to how Edin's first name is said as well but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. I don't know much about Belgian pronunciations.

I always get a kick out of how some Brits pronounce Micah... more like the singer Mika than how Americans would say Micah.

You'd think it was said like we pronounce a hazard but I guess it's closer to "Huh-zard." Some people seem to say Eden similar to how Edin's first name is said as well but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. I don't know much about Belgian pronunciations.

There's Flemish and French, pretty sure he's from the French speaking part so... How would they say it? I know we got some French people in here.

The MUTV guy says Kagawa in such a funny way. One of their fans suggested he was saying it how Shinji told him it was pronounced, but I can guarantee he is saying the first a quite wrong.
In this link you can hear Japanese commentators pronouncing his name - I assume they have it right. The English commentators on MUTV get the first part right, but not the second.

The syllables sound like they should be pronounced very quickly.

Edit - forgot the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh8cCa_kznQ
I look forward to the multiple pronunciations of Eden Hazard we will be treated to this season by English commentators and pundits.
I'm going for 'Azzar.

rightmove.com huh, interesting, wonder how they surveyed it.

There are loads of Liverpool fans in London, there are loads of Liverpool fans everywhere i've been. When I was in Manchester for university I met as many Mancs who were Liverpool fans as City fans. Not saying there are more Manc who support LFC than City, just my personal experience.

Hixx

rightmove.com huh, interesting, wonder how they surveyed it.

There are loads of Liverpool fans in London, there are loads of Liverpool fans everywhere i've been.

There is a ginger lad outside on a scooter now with a Liverpool shirt on I give him dirty (not in the Wilbury way) looks whenever I can and not just coz he's ginger.

Modric to Madrid tomorrow £23.6m + add ons.

jtb

Banned
Well if Sahin is going to Liverpool, then I guess Arsene can't sell Song. Hope it isn't too late to pull the trigger on M'Vila or send some texts to Sahin to change his mind...

thaOwner

Any of you football fans here in the U.S know of beinTV ? I got up this morning to watch fox soccer and and noticed it had replaced GOLTV on channel 520. There was a countdown on there. A quick Google search takes me to their website and it looks like it if you're a football fan, you're in for a real treat. Ligue 1, Barca tv, La LIGA and Serie A mathes will all be broadcasting on there. Anyone know anythin about them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom