• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

My team:

sCN3s.png

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
-------------------------
5. Newcastle
6. Liverpool
7. Spurs
-------------------------
17. **West Ham**
--------------------------
18. Swansea
19. Reading
20. Norwich

Oh, no! Portsmouth near death.

F.A Cup
Liverpool

Capitol One Cup
Arsenal

Champions League
PSG

SPL 3rd Division
Rangers

Wilbur

Banned
Why is everyone picking Allen for FPL? Doesn't strike me as a big point player (although I might be wrong, what did he get last year?)

GorillaJu

Why is everyone picking Allen for FPL? Doesn't strike me as a big point player (although I might be wrong, what did he get last year?)

He did well last year because he was played 90m every game and got bonus points.

He's just a very cheap way into the Liverpool team. I think people just like picking quality players, too. I'm certainly not picking Allen for my team unless I see Rodgers playing him up front and getting assists and goals.

Think he got about 120 last year. A decent return. He's a good option at his price and I guess at Liverpool you might hope he gets a few more points.

Personally not gone for him because I think there are some players at 6 and 6.5 who can score highly. Depends how you're looking at it really, Allen over the season will probably get a decent points return but if you're going to be tinkering with your side most weeks you can find players who could pick up a lot of points over 3/4 weeks and then sub them out.

Allen will do well to pick up more than just a few points in Liverpool's first few games, IMO.

Viva told me to...
Then I saw Liverpool's fixtures...haha.

Don't get me wrong, still think it's good value, but somebody like Nathan Dyer will probably get more points over gameweeks 1-5.

kharma45

Then I saw Liverpool's fixtures...haha.

Don't get me wrong, still think it's good value, but somebody like Nathan Dyer will probably get more points over gameweeks 1-5.

Against WBA he should be fine. You've got unlimited transfers until week 2 don't you? or have I got that badly wrong?

Only player I could myself swapping him for anyway would be Scholes.

On the other side, TuttoSpork is saying we have an agreement with Dzeko over his salary (~5M€). As always, I think they know jack shit about what's really going on.

So who is it going to be?

C_3_Media_1548162_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

Come on, City. Buy Hulk or whoever so Dzeko can leave!

Llorente all day long but I'll take either

But... he's free next year!

Fair, but we need a striker now not in a year's time. We can't rely for a third year in a row now that our midfielders will do the job or a quick January signing (Matri) will fill the void.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hope we play with our worst possible XI in Trofeo Luigi Berlusconi. I want to see Iaquinta up top and Ziegler behind him wearing the captain's armand surrounded by under-17 boys.

Eep. May swap him for Scholes then, or not.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO :(
I would take some money off your bench. You've got two 5m defenders there, and 3 really top defenders in your starting line up already. Unlikely that you would ever utilise all 5 and maybe not even 4. There are a couple of good 4.5 options, Cuellar and Fabio for example.

Have a look at the fixtures too. Teams like Fulham, Sunderland and Villa have a pretty gentle opening sequence. It's a risk but you can get cheaper players from there, hope they do well in those "easier" games and then make some transfers as you go.

kharma45

I would take some money off your bench. You've got two 5m defenders there, and 3 really top defenders in your starting line up already. Unlikely that you would ever utilise all 5 and maybe not even all 3. There are a couple of good 4.5 options, Cuellar and Fabio for example.

Have a look at the fixtures too. Teams like Fulham, Sunderland and Villa have a pretty gentle opening sequence. It's a risk but you can get cheaper players from there, hope they do well in those "easier" games and then make some transfers as you go.

Yeah I was trying to do that with Chelsea, as they're playing 2 games I was hoping that was a good way for more points.

I'll cut down my defence a bit on the bench then, cheers.

Yeah I was trying to do that with Chelsea, as they're playing 2 games I was hoping that was a good way for more points.

I'll cut down my defence a bit on the bench then, cheers.
Yeah defo worth over-loading on Chelsea for GW1. 2 relatively easy fixtures, I've got 3 Chelsea players too.

Wes

venison crêpe
1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
--------------------
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Tottenham
8. Newcastle
9. Sunderland
10. Fulham
11. Aston Villa
12. QPR
13. West Ham
14. West Brom
15. Stoke
16. Swansea
17. Wigan
--------------------
18. Southampton
19. Norwich
20. Reading

FA Cup: Tottenham

Capital One Cup: Everton

Champions League: Barcelona

Anyone else think Chicha should lose a couple of pounds? He's a poacher and his game doesn't really need all that strength. He doesn't look as fast as when he first came to United.

GorillaJu

I don't trust Torres, even with the double game week against weak teams. I have Chelsea coverage elsewhere. I'm going with Rooney/Aguero/Graham for week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom