• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
New stadium won't be ready to be used till next season I believe. Is literally right next to the current one, actually it can only be 3/4th of the way built until they tear down the current one.

Ah right cheers, I thought I heard last season that it was the last game at San Mames etc.

Was looking into Nou Camp tickets for the Barca vs Bilbao game this winter, might get them.

Wes

venison crêpe
"MK Dons admit interest in Tottenham winger David Bentley "

Bentley AND Alan Smith? Gee whizz I may have to go catch a game.

ShogunX

That itk99 guy is actually a decent follow. Doesn't really bullshit and occasionally breaks some news early.

I've come to the conclusion that anybody with ITK or Agent in their name are full of shit and are using early media reports and passing them off as their own news.

The amount of vague multiple outcome covering statements is absurd. Yesterday we had an ITK claim City might come in with another bid for Agger.......OR they might not!! Might blowing stuff.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta:
“Llorente? We are waiting and watching the evolution of the situation, but we could pursue other contacts.

“Van Persie? Difficult to track. Arsenal does not want to lose him easily, despite the player being almost out of contract, they demand a high figure.

“Matri? He is not on the list of outgoing players, we consider him in all effects to be a Juventus player. Quagliarella? He’s a part of our project.

“Dzeko? His situation is always susceptible to change and he is certainly an important player, but he has a high price.

“These situations can evolve from morning to night.”

....and Pazzini? WHAT ABOUT PAZZINI!!

Baller collar on Mame.

My brother's wedding went for black shirts white ties. Bleurgh. You can tell I'm seething.

http://i.imgur.com/5sOUX.jpg

Why! It's boss!

images

ShogunX

So Rodwell went to City for the exact same amount as Kagawa to United?

Wasn't Kagawa in the last year of his contract? Seen people throwing about both his fee and Cazorla's in attempts to discredit other clubs signings without mentioning why both were on the cheap side.

Clegg

Wasn't Kagawa in the last year of his contract? Seen people throwing about both his fee and Cazorla's in attempts to discredit other clubs signings without mentioning why both were on the cheap side.

Just saying that there is value in the transfer market.

And Rodwell was very expensive for someone with a poor injury record and a history or inconsistency.

Kyoufu

Muppet season has got to me badly. Anita hasn't even been invited for talks with Pardew.

This is so embarrassing.

ShogunX

Just saying that there is value in the transfer market.

And Rodwell was very expensive for someone with a poor injury record and a history or inconsistency.

There is always value in the transfer market if you look in the right places (Bundesliga) but the fees paid for Kagawa and Cazorla would of been doubled in normal circumstances.

The only thing that puzzles me about the Rodwell transfer is his reported wage increase - The Echo claims he is on a six figure salary which seems to defeat the whole purpose of signing up young players.

Worst part of this is people will believe him all over again. HE WAS THERE!!

Mastadon

Banned
There is always value in the transfer market if you look in the right places (Bundesliga) but the fees paid for Kagawa and Cazorla would of been doubled in normal circumstances.

The only thing that puzzles me about the Rodwell transfer is his reported wage increase - The Echo claims he is on a six figure salary which seems to defeat the whole purpose of signing up young players.

Good to see City learning from the mistakes of the past.

Arnie

Wait, Rodwell's on a six figure salary?

And Kermit's just been lambasting me for getting his initial fee wrong. Outrageously stupid from City if that's true.

Not even City are dumb enough to offer him that much.

Not whilst they're paying Adebayor a ransom to get him out the door, surely not.

Meier

So Rodwell went to City for the exact same amount as Kagawa to United?

Rodwell had 3 years left on his deal while Shinji was in his last year. Not really comparable. Plus, just because a deal can increase to X amount doesn't mean it always does. Rodwell for £12m is not a bad price at all -- especially if he has a Kompany like revelation and gets moved from DM to CB.

Stubo

Both from the same guy. So silence you lot.
Haha :D

Can some deals start happening soon guys? I'd even settle for Carroll to city for £45m.

LB and CM for united please. Rvp would be an added luxury but they need addressing more urgently.

Alternatively, how quickly are we allowed to cancel fabio's loan?

Salvadora

Regarding Song.
The Cameroon international told Sky Sports: "I am not going to lie if I said there is no interest, but I am at Arsenal and I am happy at Arsenal.

"Barcelona are the best team in the world, and speculation will always continue until the window closes."
irWGx7M9QnlTm.gif

Yen

Rodwell had 3 years left on his deal while Shinji was in his last year. Not really comparable. Plus, just because a deal can increase to X amount doesn't mean it always does. Rodwell for £12m is not a bad price at all -- especially if he has a Kompany like revelation and gets moved from DM to CB.

£12m for someone who's started 40 games in three years? Not sure.

Clegg

Everton fans seem to think that Rodwell is a poor CB.

And he was too expensive for someone that spends half his time on the injury table.

Just like £25m for RVP is too expensive.

Meier

I think his salary was the biggest part of the equation since the transfer fees are just a formality for City (especially pre FFP). If he really is, that seems silly. I would be surprised if it were true since he's not an entirely proven commodity.

We're likely going to sell De Jong since they don't want to pay him 100k (he's at like 60k).. so I'm just not buying it.

£12m for someone who's started 40 games in three years? Not sure.

He's 21 years old.. that's kind of a silly stat for someone who's played as many games as he has at his age.

kharma45

He's 21 years old.. that's kind of a silly stat for someone who's played as many games as he has at his age.

21 isn't exactly all that young for a footballer now, this season and last would be fair too look at IMO and he's played in 45 games (as a sub and starter) across all competitions.

Premier League predictions. Just under a week to go but here are my predictions (subject to change at the end of the transfer window)

1. Man City
2. Arsenal (if RVP stays)
3. Man Utd
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham

Meier

I have Ben Arfa and Sessegnon in my fantasy team.. there isn't really a decent alternative at 7.5m for Ben Arfa outside Modric and he may not even be there. Baaah.

I have Oscar on my team but I wonder if he'll even play the first week. Hmm.

Wes

venison crêpe
Premier League predictions. Just under a week to go but here are my predictions (subject to change at the end of the transfer window)

1. Man City
2. Arsenal (if RVP stays)
3. Man Utd
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham

The real question is does Everton belong in that Second Tier along with Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom