• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Guy to Fergie's left is one of the financial guys. To his right I think is a chief scout.

Safe to say its transfer business.

Scouts crack me up. Of course he's in a t-shirt or untucked polo (despite probably making a few hundred thousand pounds per year). Haha.

Clegg

Guy to Fergie's left is one of the financial guys. To his right I think is a chief scout.

Safe to say its transfer business.

Why would we need a scout for the RVP deal?

Genuinely curious about this. Why would he be needed?

You'd think that we'd done all the scouting needed to form an opinion.

If its about a transfer then maybe its not for RVP.

Why would we need a scout for the RVP deal?

Genuinely curious about this. Why would he be needed?

You'd think that we'd done all the scouting needed to form an opinion.

If its about a transfer then maybe its not for RVP.
Dunno I made it up.

Sorry couldn't help myself :)

Clegg

I can confirm that Viva hasn't been talking complete shite.

Delaney has tweeted that United have made a new £20m bid for RVP.

But whether his info is true or not is a completely different story.

LegoArmo

God, I loved Resident Evil 4. Is it weird that I think the lower quality graphics added to the atmosphere? 5 is too clean.

Wes

venison crêpe
If you want to make a really popular account you should make one that checks every single claim made by ITKs/Agents and produces a rating list for houw credible each of them are.

K1LLER7

I hate them chainsaw dudes in RE5. They make me poop every time.
Was playing this with my cuz on friday, playing multiplayer is so good.

Tip: Just wait till he gets close and they take while to attack, while he's holding the chainsaw up shoot him with the shotgun, he'll stagger every hit.

Arnie

So Spurs have made a bid for M'Vila (According to L'Equipe, retweeted by Rory Smith), and Barcelona have informed the inquirers that Tello won't be leaving the club this transfer window.

dc89

They're even scarier in RE4.

Oh I know. I had that game at launch on the GameCube. I cacked my pants.

Was playing this with my cuz on friday, playing multiplayer is so good.

Tip: Just wait till he gets close and they take while to attack, while he's holding the chainsaw up shoot him with the shotgun, he'll stagger every hit.

Thanks for the protip!

Arnie

I'd be worried about that though. Think we'd find a way to make it more difficult for ourselves and Liverpool would find a way in.

You've got until Rodgers can get signal on his phone, type 'm' in his contacts, and press call on Mourinho's number.

Or alternatively until Alonso reads his emails.

Shebby Singh is amazing.

Blackburn are my favourite laughing stock.

I think he's brilliant. Proper hothead.

"YES HE WILL BE FIRED"

So Spurs have made a bid for M'Vila (According to L'Equipe, retweeted by Rory Smith), and Barcelona have informed the inquirers that Tello won't be leaving the club this transfer window.

Fuck me.

M'Vila and/or Sahin would be perfect for United so naturally we're chasing RVP.

Latest rumours saying Gaston Ramirez has signed for Liverpool on a 4 year contract.

And Sahin should make his move to a Premier League club this week - Arsenal most likely (hopefully!)

GorillaJu

Latest rumours saying Gaston Ramirez has signed for Liverpool on a 4 year contract.

And Sahin should make his move to a Premier League club this week - Arsenal most likely (hopefully!)

The Ramirez thing has to just be silly talk. All of the most reliable sources have rubbished the rumors repeatedly. Just seems weird that the Allen, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Borini stuff all got out in advance.

Arnie

Fuck me.

M'Vila and/or Sahin would be perfect for United so naturally we're chasing RVP.
Will be interesting to see how AVB fits M'Vila, Sandro, and Parker into the same team.

The Ramirez one's strange, it's been rumoured for absolutely ages, dating back to last January, but everyone with a decent record of coming up with the goods in terms of transfers insists our interest ended with him once Comolli left.

He would be good for the team, and he can play in one of the fluid wide positions or behind Suarez.

dc89

City have signed a 16 year old French midfielder called Jules Ntcham. Scouts believe he is better than Pogba was at the same age.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Will be interesting to see how AVB fits M'Vila, Sandro, and Parker into the same team.

I very much doubt all 3 would play at once. We would probably see a 4231 with:

Sandro M'Vila
Lennon Gylfi/VDV Bale
Adebayor

With Parker and Huddlestone able to cover the 2 central players.

Thanks to the Euros, and then the Olympics, it doesn't feel like football has been away! Hopefully the coverage, presentation and commentary is as good as the BBC's for the Olympics. Standards have been set.

Kyoufu

City have signed a 16 year old French midfielder called Jules Ntcham. Scouts believe he is better than Pogba was at the same age.

Promising at 16

Six figures by 18

Cocaine by 21

Sold to Pokemon FC and forever forgotten by 23.

GorillaJu

Thanks to the Euros, and then the Olympics, it doesn't feel like football has been away! Hopefully the coverage, presentation and commentary is as good as the BBC's for the Olympics. Standards have been set.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

But regardless, I sent your blog about Mourinho's coaching to a Japanese friend of mine who I coach kids with (hes actually the coach, I just yell things at them because his English isnt good enough) and he's absolutely loving it. He wants to try and bring a few exercises into our training now.

Yen

Just a pity he, Denis Suarez, Gui Assulin, John Guidetti etc will never play more than 5 league games for City.

The Ramirez thing has to just be silly talk. All of the most reliable sources have rubbished the rumors repeatedly. Just seems weird that the Allen, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Borini stuff all got out in advance.

The Ramirez one's strange, it's been rumoured for absolutely ages, dating back to last January, but everyone with a decent record of coming up with the goods in terms of transfers insists our interest ended with him once Comolli left.

He would be good for the team, and he can play in one of the fluid wide positions or behind Suarez.

I've been hearing a fee with Liverpool has been agreed, he just needs to agree terms - but take with a pinch of salt.

Liverpool seem to be stocking in midfield like Arsenal aswell, this is in addition to the genuine Sahin interest and Dempsey - wonder what happened to that.

Arnie

But regardless, I sent your blog about Mourinho's coaching to a Japanese friend of mine who I coach kids with (hes actually the coach, I just yell things at them because his English isnt good enough) and he's absolutely loving it. He wants to try and bring a few exercises into our training now.
Got a link? Wouldn't mind giving it a read.

I've been told a fee with Liverpool has been agreed, he just needs to agree terms - but take with a pinch of salt.

Liverpool seem to be stocking in midfield like Arsenal aswell, this is in addition to the genuine Sahin interest and Dempsey - wonder what happened to that.

Then I question who's giving you this information, and you should too, because those closest to us say our 'interest' in Ramirez is bullshit. Bologna want to sell, and there's a lot of agent nonsense trying to drill up interest in his client, but we aren't biting.

Sahin would be fantastic, but as has already been said, I'd be massively surprised if he opted for us over Arsenal. If we do sign Dempsey then I think he'll play as part of the front four, and he's quite versatile in that regard; he could cover Gerrard's ageing body, as well as take up a wider position if asked.

Fulham have excluded him from training and matches, and he wants out, but I've got a feeling we're waiting for the Sahin outcome because that informs how much we value Charlie Adam, who would be used as a makeweight.

BBC's coverage of the Olympics was fantastic. Commentators had passion, as well as insight and understanding about the events they were talking about. The Analysis was decent too (outside of Lawro and the awful football coverage obviously).

Hopefully Gary Neville is back and providing decent commentary.

Glad the coaching blog was a good read. Pre-Season will be over for most, so it might be a bit late for them this year, but next season hopefully they can carry it forward. Nothing worse than doing pre-season and never seeing a football until a week before your first game.
Why are coaches building up aerobic endurance over pre-season when its ATP and Anarobic bursts that are utilised the most? Madness. How often does a player run 100% for more than 10 seconds? Hardly ever. Short bursts of high intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom