• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Great free kick but why is the goalkeeper so far from the most obvious side the ball is going?

chilavert_ht.jpg

Chilavert is not amused.

FootballFan

Don't you get it?! This is why Robben doesn't like passing (anymore)

ihbkcI0gKh7LQ.gif

:eek: omg. I know it's the obvious thing to say, but that is way way harder to miss than it is to score.

edit
Unless there is an unusual bounce somewhere there(still should be put away)

Salazar

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Plenty of tasty #bbcfootball gossip today: Is #MUFC's Phil Jones facing yet another injury lay-off?

All class, wanker that wrote that.

Oxx

I'll watch the F1 races, but qualifying is a bit much.

I might just replay some of yesterday's MLB.

neoanarch

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Plenty of tasty #bbcfootball gossip today: Is #MUFC's Phil Jones facing yet another injury lay-off?

All class, wanker that wrote that.

Honestly whats wrong with that? its not like he hashtagged it #fergiesenile #fergielostit #lolunited

Yen

Quali is generally more exciting than the actual races, but this years races have been fantastic. All 3 parts of Quali have something tense and exciting about them.

Steve Bartram ‏@stevebartram1
Confirmed: Phil Jones has had surgery on a knee meniscus tear sustained in training that will require 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation. #MUFC

Oh dear. Unlucky Jones. Both him and Smalling out for 2 months then. Very worrying, young players too so who knows how they will come back. Leaves us very prone at the back now.

Salvadora

Steve Bartram ‏@stevebartram1
Confirmed: Phil Jones has had surgery on a knee meniscus tear sustained in training that will require 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation. #MUFC

Oh dear. Unlucky Jones. Both him and Smalling out for 2 months then. Very worrying, young players too so who knows how they will come back. Leaves us very prone at the back now.

How long is Evans out for?

How long is Evans out for?
He was back training so we were hoping after the international break but I think he picked up another injury so he could be out for a little while longer.

Rafael and Rio pick up injuries very easily too. And Vidic is only just back. Carrick might be playing quite a few more games at CB...

Arnie

with fifa the ball always looks like a ping pong ball rolling over a perfectly smooth pitch.

why can't konami just fucking dich everything they're doing and port over pes5 with updated rosters and decent online play?

why do these developers always have to make things complicated?!
Agree 100%.

Wilbur

Banned
Every video of FIFA 13 looks exactly like FIFA 12. I have a feeling I'll prefer PES this year. Playing the demo of that far more than I'm playing FIFA 12 at the moment.

Kyoufu

I wish FIFA had better celebrations. Players don't look like they enjoy scoring goals. :/

And crowd atmosphere needs to improve. I want the authenticity of a Tyne-Wear derby crowd.

sneaky77

Every video of FIFA 13 looks exactly like FIFA 12. I have a feeling I'll prefer PES this year. Playing the demo of that far more than I'm playing FIFA 12 at the moment.

listening to weekend confirmed yesterday they said that the new first touch control changes the game quite a bit and makes it a bit more technical than 12.. I am not sure how reliable they are though

Arnie

First thing I noticed too.

In a year when I've got limited money, and there are a surprising number of games coming out that take my fancy, I don't think I'm willing to drop my money on yet another incremental Fifa. If I'm not getting FM, I'm not getting this.

listening to weekend confirmed yesterday they said that the new first touch control changes the game quite a bit and makes it a bit more technical than 12.. I am not sure how reliable they are though

Er, not reliable.

It's fucking Garnett and the gang. They don't know shit about how a football game's meant to be. Haven't listened to that podcast in about a year but Jeff Cannata was probably making shit jokes about 'soccer' the whole way through.

Messi

They are not reliable at all when it comes to Fifa.

Fry

You guys have to find fault at everything.

These videos look unimpressive every year. Wait until the fucking demo is out.

Messi

I think it looks great, all the darting runs and trying to stay onside mean its instantly better than 12.

Arnie

Even then it's pants because I'm playing against the CPU. I haven't actually played against the CPU in a retail Fifa game since about 2006. Not even kidding. Those people who invest loads of time in Fifa career mode are crazy, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom