• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seriously considering getting a proper gaming PC recently. I think it's just because of how dated the consoles are now though. Once the Next Gen is released PC will again be on the back-burner as MS and Sony all push huge exclusives for the new system and graphics will be similar across the board, they won't really be an issue again for a good few years into the console's lives.

And then I probably won't have the urge for PC until the end of the gen when the consoles again get dated.

Wilbur

Banned
It's pretty much just plugging it in with a 360 controller. PS3 you got to install motionjoy but it's still fairly easy and not a lot of work to get working with 98% of all games getting released today on pc. Not that I understand why you would do that, keyboard and mouse superiority! Battlefield 3 on pc... Mmmm so good.

Can't imagine playing shooters with keyboards, it would just feel odd.

confuziz

Banned
album_large_1345711.jpg

Yen

Not sure I've bought a game this year. Played plenty of F1, was about 3/4 through New Vegas, got bored and gave up.

Fake edit: I bought Undead Nightmare with those Xbox Live Reward points.

I've been seriously considering getting a proper gaming PC recently. I think it's just because of how dated the consoles are now though. Once the Next Gen is released PC will again be on the back-burner as MS and Sony all push huge exclusives for the new system and graphics will be similar across the board, they won't really be an issue again for a good few years into the console's lives.

And then I probably won't have the urge for PC until the end of the gen when the consoles again get dated.

Except this time it looks like consoles will be dated before they even come out.

Wilbur

Banned
Not sure I've bought a game this year. Played plenty of F1, was about 3/4 through New Vegas, got bored and gave up.

Fake edit: I bought Undead Nightmare with those Xbox Live Reward points.

Gonna buy the new F1 game fo sho, but the only game I've really enjoyed this year has been Walking Dead. Still need to play Ep 3

Can't imagine playing shooters with keyboards, it would just feel odd.

Really tried getting into FPS games on console but it's just too slow and imprecise to aim. Especially can't imagine playing BF3 on console with the shitty 24 max players, 64 players and huge map is the way to go with battlefield. Third person shooters are alright.

Except this time it looks like consoles will be dated before they even come out.

I seriously doubt it. There's far too much conflicting information anyway to make an accurate guess. I mean, the Wii U is only a few months from release and people are still debating the power of the thing.

Launch games for next gen will look rough around the edges sure, all launch games do. I can't see it being very far behind the PC over the gen though as devs get accustomed to the new systems.

Fintan

I started out with a 360, then got a PS3. More recently I got a gaming PC. Up until then Xbox was my main console because I could play Halo and other games with my friends, but I've definitely got in to PC gaming. A wired Xbox controller helps for certain games (3rd Person with a keyboard is weird) but it really doesn't take very long to get used to shooters with a keyboard and mouse. Another good thing about having a gaming PC is that it'll probably stop me from jumping straight into the next set of consoles.

sneaky77

I think Graphics on this gen are still pretty good, sure pc is better but the ps3 and 360 still show they are plenty capable so it should be interesting what the jump is.

The biggest issue I have with FIFA is the online latency affects my game; it is slightly sluggish and slower in turns and movement making dribbling quite difficult at times. Offline exhibition matches feel like a completely new game. The other complaint I have is with certain visual details. The pitches, and lighting look considerably better on PES - more life like. The locations you play in actually feel unique, whereas in FIFA I barely notice the stadia and crowd regardless of the location.

Clegg

If Id' known what you guys were doing then I would have posted some Alonso/Gerrard pics that I found on RedCafe.

0000wc41-3-1.jpg

Salvadora

even if its not exactly as bad as the wii with 3rd parties, I seriously doubt it will be anything like the new xbox or ps console in terms of power.

I expect lots of old PS3/360 ports and excuses about why future games won't be released.
If Id' known what you guys were doing then I would have posted some Alonso/Gerrard pics

0000wc41-3-1.jpg
It's the outline of his dick that does it for me.

Yen

Gonna buy the new F1 game fo sho, but the only game I've really enjoyed this year has been Walking Dead. Still need to play Ep 3

F1 2012 has 2 new tracks (Bahrain and Austin) and a Young Drivers Test, which I'm sure you'll enjoy, but all it is is just minigames like "speed up to 200mph and brake in a specific area." Apart from that 2012 is the same game as 2011.

Bumhead

Banned
Just Wii U for me next gen. I care less and less about power these days and only Nintendo's exclusives interest me. Besides, I've still got a PS3 back log that I'm still going to be chipping away at 18 months from now.

For third party games, I'll probably build a PC in 3 years or so or something.

Wilbur

Banned
F1 2012 has 2 new tracks (Bahrain and Austin) and a Young Drivers Test, which I'm sure you'll enjoy, but all it is is just minigames like "speed up to 200mph and brake in a specific area." Apart from that 2012 is the same game as 2011.

ho ho ho

There's no career/world tour mode thing like 2011? What

actually i think i misunderstood. Yeah I want it for all the challenge modes and the young driver's test, sounds fun

Arnie

You should play Ep 3.

Like....now.

Seconded.

It's phenomenal. I wish more games went in that direction. I want meaningful choices, and I don't care if I have to wait a month to get another 3 hours chunk, my gaming time is limited anyway.

Wilbur

Banned
You should play Ep 3.

Like....now.

Will play when my little brother's gone to bed haha, I don't think its appropriate for him.

Yenrot, just to elaborate the young driver test teaches you all about DRS and Kers and stuff right? I don't particularly understand how all that works, I basically played F1 2010 with all assists on and it was fun but I was scared to turn them off. From previews it seems the test thing does a good job of teaching you stuff

Wilbur

Banned
This episode definitely isn't.

The second one certainly wasn't either, that shit got dark

Looking forward to playing it though, it's a fantastic game. Apart from Skyrim & Portal 2 probably the best thing I've played since Uncharted 2

Just Wii U for me next gen. I care less and less about power these days and only Nintendo's exclusives interest me. Besides, I've still got a PS3 back log that I'm still going to be chipping away at 18 months from now.

It'll be Wii U and a console for me.

Wii U because Nintendo's first party alone is worth the admission, and If I can get the superior version of 3rd party games until the next MS and Sony consoles hit than I'm in!

Bumhead

Banned
Are they releasing The Walking Dead as a retail package?

I want to play the game but not sure if I should just wait.

Yen

Will play when my little brother's gone to bed haha, I don't think its appropriate for him.

Yenrot, just to elaborate the young driver test teaches you all about DRS and Kers and stuff right? I don't particularly understand how all that works, I basically played F1 2010 with all assists on and it was fun but I was scared to turn them off. From previews it seems the test thing does a good job of teaching you stuff

It's pretty obvious that the young drivers test has just been added to the game as a gimmicky new feature. KERS is just 6 seconds of Nitro-boost every lap, you use DRS on straights all the way throughout quali. On races you use it when you are within 1 second of the car infront on a certain part of track.

Holy shit you guys were at it last night

And I finally know who that gaffer was with the green man spandex suit I saw on here oh so many months ago. Should've known it was none other than BatmanBatmanBatman

Wilbur

Banned
It's pretty obvious that the young drivers test has just been added to the game as a gimmicky new feature. KERS is just 6 seconds of Nitro-boost every lap, you use DRS on straights all the way throughout quali. On races you use it when you are within 1 second of the car infront on a certain part of track.

Eh, I'll get it anyway, I like the sound of the Challenge mode and the new rosters and stuff, unless I can find F1 2011 cheap and then get F1 2012 when it's gone down in price.

edit: 10 quid on Amazon for 2011, sounds good

dc89

Me and TC used to have some epic moments playing old school PES.

Co-op, losing in the World Cup semi final 2-1.
I have the ball at the edge of my own 18 yard area with Sol Cambpell. I go on this mazy run with him ignoring players in a better position.

I get to the edge of the oppositions area and bang. I rasp one in.

2-2.

Hieberrr

I can't wait for Smash Bros in HD :O then again, I could play it on my PC if I didn't have such a crappy one :(
I don't know whether to get a Wii U or whether to build a new PC.

Fry

I'm trying to stay awake (haven't slept since yesterday) so I can regulate my clock by going to sleep at the normal time tonight.

I feel like crap already :((((

Which are? Haven't gone to the Gaming side for a long time

Personally I'm considering just getting a gaming PC but playing on that would suck up so much time from me. I don't want to work on the computer all day and then spend my free time on it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom