• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

What a frustrating draw. City completely dominated the match and Stoke scores due to a handball. Can't believe we didn't get 4-5 that game.. felt like a Liverpool fan. People who see this on MOTD won't believe their eyes it ended 1-1.

Benteke scored.

Great day for debuts. I'd imagine guys in their first games scored more than established players today.

Empty

great result after a miserly first half. not conceding a bunch of goals is nice though the defense was cut open too often - i want smalling back.

powell <3 buttner <3 summer signings <3

the sweet and tender stoke hooligans getting something from city too. nice.

DominoKid

Everytime Buttner does some thing

jTuQLCJc14cVm.jpg

fucking lol.

Soi-Fong

1st half horrible. 2nd half soooo good!

New signings (Buttner and Powell) are exciting and guess what!!! They didn't cost an arm and a leg!

dc89

What a frustrating draw. City completely dominated the match and Stoke scores due to a handball. Can't believe we didn't get 4-5 that game.. felt like a Liverpool fan.

GAH. Sounds annoying. I'll watch match of the day I guess as I've not been able to follow it. We drew at Stoke last year too. So far we've matched last season pretty much.

Turned out to be a good afternoon for us with City and Chelsea dropping points.

Still thoroughly unimpressed with the performance though. The games coming up are tough so we need to step up.

That said a lot of midfield/forward players who I'd expect to be playing weren't today: RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Valencia. Even Clever Tom and Young would have provided more impetus.

jtb

Banned
Chelsea, City dropping points... shit week for my fantasy team but good to see our title challenge finally kick off. Feeling pretty confident we can get something out of City, Chelsea games.

GQman2121

Banned
If we show that kind if effort in Turin on Wednesday, shits going to be over before the half.

Terrible today and a shit attitude from Torres when he came off.

Yen

Not watching any football yet. Licence to Kill is on. The ninja scene gets me every time!

Also, I watched Moneyball earlier, knew I recognised the team owner from somewhere...it was Bobby Kotick.

Just seen the Ferdinand/Terry non-shake.

Almost felt bad for Terry there, looked like he genuinely wanted to shake hands. Almost.

Ferdinand obv well within his rights.

Meier

GAH. Sounds annoying. I'll watch match of the day I guess as I've not been able to follow it. We drew at Stoke last year too. So far we've matched last season pretty much.

Begovic was absolutely amazing. Seriously, his save on Javi's late header was world class.

I seriously can't believe there weren't 3-4 goals. Dzeko came on for Balo in the 90th and almost managed to chip in a last second winner but Shawcross ran it down and cleared it off the line a foot or two outside of goal.. painful to watch.

K1LLER7

Turned out to be a good afternoon for us with City and Chelsea dropping points.

Still thoroughly unimpressed with the performance though. The games coming up are tough so we need to step up.

That said a lot of midfield/forward players who I'd expect to be playing weren't today: RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Valencia. Even Clever Tom and Young would have provided more impetus.

yeah, defence was solid for the majority and Evra can finally have a rest once in a while with Buttner playing well. Rafael, vidic and rio looked good, just need them to play together often now.

Welbeck was pretty good but Kagawa will give us a better option through the middle when he's back.

Anyone watched the Nurnberg match? Some people say Hiroshi Kiyotake could be the "next Kagawa". Hannover's Huszti has been amazing, btw!
I hope Neverkusen gets relegated.

You haven't watched his games for Japan? He's been Japan's best player.

Today he scored and assisted twice.

Shit first half, good second half.

Nice to see Buttmessi kicking ass. Bye Evra! Also nice to see Powell get a goal, should give him a good confidence boost. Nani shit like he's been since the start of the season.

And thanks Stoke, now please beat City at the Etihad and then go get relegated

elsk

Banned
You haven't watched his games for Japan? He's been Japan's best player.

Today he scored and assisted twice.

Why/how would I watch his games for Japan? :p
Yes, I know he did great today, that's why I was asking. Looks like Nurnberg built a nice team for this season.

Today at the Allianz Arena:

"German Champions"

LOL[/QUOTE]
I second that lol..

Whatever, let them celebrate preemptively. Hope they end up with nothing again.

Kiyotake seems like the real deal. Too bad he didn't want to sign for Dortmund. But he's now more or less carrying Nürnberg, while he'd just be one of many options in Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom