• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robben be flying..
Bayern winning the league should be a cakewalk with those kind of opponents in the CL they can just let their reserves play from the 3rd to 4th game on in the group stages and concentrate on the league. But hey whatevs, as long as we make it into top3.

Oh yeah, well done Juve, faaar from the fuck-ups we were this past season.

Wilbur

Banned
First 10 minutes we were class, and to be fair some of our passing and movement was great throughout.

But apart from DDG and in spells Kagawa, not happy with one person on the pitch really. Some, like RVP were anonymous. Others were shit. Evra, Nani, Valencia, Scholes and Carrick all had really bad games I thought. Kept giving it away, misplacing balls, getting tackled.

Not happy with anything but the result.

We tossed away a perfectly good 2-0 lead by exposing ourselves to the same old problems.

I'm slightly happy that we at least came out and tried to play. Also, at times there was some good play. But fuck me, can we stop with the same issues over and over again please?

Igo

United are so shit. Team hasn't had any real quality since 2010.

Looking back, the PL titles and CL final are somewhat baffling.

D_prOdigy

Buttner and Cleverley need to start against Liverpool. We'll probably always be crap at keeping the ball, but at least we might actually create something.

qindarka

Banned
Well, at least we didn't lose. Would be more annoyed if it were a PL game. Should still qualify ahead of Shaktar and the Danish team.

xintin

Draw seems about right, maybe even lucky, since we keep committing the same mistakes at the back. How Mikel is holding onto his starting spot I have no idea, though.

fuenf

Robben be flying..
Bayern winning the league should be a cakewalk with those kind of opponents in the CL they can just let their reserves play from the 3rd to 4th game on in the group stages and concentrate on the league. But hey whatevs, as long as we make it into top3.

Oh yeah, well done Juve, faaar from the fuck-ups we were this past season.

pff you wish :( my biggest fear is Schalke actually being very good this season :(

Wilbur

Banned
one difference you flap, united DID get one.

And that was an undeniable penalty as well. Just turns out the referee saw that one. If he'd given all three to United you'd have a point.

But he didn't.

So you don't.

Besides, we scored through open play and not the penalty. Fucking hell.

Meier

Watch the game back, Meier.

We got fucked by the same ref. A number of times.

It's tough to here in the States since Fox Soccer has the rights to the UCL and you have to pay $20 a month to get Fox Soccer 2 Go. I was willing to use my data on the City match (LOF). :p Doubt I'll ever see it realistically.

I'm sure it all balanced out in the end, I guess he must have let them play a physical game. Either way, I know there were questionable calls at the bookends of the match in United's favor which is not an uncommon theme at OT.

FootballFan

You don't fucking change where you are going to shoot when you already made up your mind. Then you end up with the Swines penalty from CL last year.

Yep, the best PK takers always say that. Once you decide where you are shooting, do not change your mind midway.

So ManUnited won but from the posts here it doesn't sound like it was a very convincing win. Congrats to Juve on getting a draw away to Chelsea though. :D

Zabojnik

Bah, I'll take the draw in the home of the reigning Champions, considering it was a CL first for many of our players, but we're playing way below our standard. Not just today, from the start of the season. Pirlo was a shadow, Asamoah was shit, Bonucci was shit, Giovinco was shit. Also, terrible, just terrible passing all around.

Oh well, roll on Chievo. Did anyone watch the Shakhtar game?

Cuddler

Great match. Some of our players were a little underwhelming. Pirlo was invisible tonight. Asamoah can do much better, but he's understandable, it was his first big match. Giovinco and Vucinic instead...Giovinco especially need to step up in international big match. It was his first big match too. Vucinic...well...he's Vucinic...one match is the best player...the next is a terrible player. Good job in general, we were a little shy in the beginning, but after the two goals we played better. As always Juventus heart was our best quality.

heart=Marchiso+Vidal

jb1Kho2hfYzJ6s.jpg

TrueBlue

We tossed away a perfectly good 2-0 lead by exposing ourselves to the same old problems.

I'm slightly happy that we at least came out and tried to play. Also, at times there was some good play. But fuck me, can we stop with the same issues over and over again please?

Agreed, but we must not panic!

LegoArmo

Diving? Look who's talking. It was a terrible game and you owe us a penalty.

And we already know it will be 0-0 in Portugal, so...eh.

Forrest did go down a bit easily. Didn't think that Forster challenge was a penalty, keepers are okay as long as they get the ball, not usually given.

Salazar

Either way, I know there were questionable calls at the bookends of the match in United's favor which is not an uncommon theme at OT.

The ref had a total Chris Foy.

Bad calls and bad misses both ways, all through the game. To say that he favoured United in intention or effect is pretty daft.

Clegg

That was fucking awful. The only players that can be happy with their performances are Kagawa and de Gea. RVP is a world class striker but its useless if we can't create chances for him. We need a top midfielder to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. Thats how you create chances ffs. I can't believe SAF has neglected that area for so long.And I'm usually a big fan of Nani but he's been complete shite since this season started.

BTW it was great to see Fletcher again.

It's down to Fergie and Fergie alone, it'll all fall apart when he leaves. No other manager could turn such an average side into title winners/contenders.

That was fucking awful. The only players that can be happy with their performances are Kagawa and de Gea. RVP is a world class striker but its useless if we can't create chances for him. We need a top midfielder to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. Thats how you create chances ffs. I can't believe SAF has neglected that area for so long.

And I'm usually a big fan of Nani but he's been complete shite since this season started.

I thought Nani gave a few passes that led to great scoring chances.

Kenka

They better not be very good when we have to play them!
Based on performances this season so far, they are better than Arsenal. I know you crucified your opponent last weekend in the league but Schalke has had the same team for two years now and they play as if they were superminded by one individual. They are one tough opponent and they will qualify in this group. Also, they are top 3 material in the BL without discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom