• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

ibr3iVx1l4CX3N.jpg

3AQmK.gif

Meier

The ref had a total Chris Foy.

Bad calls and bad misses both ways, all through the game. To say that he favoured United in intention or effect is pretty daft.

I'll take your word for it as I didn't see the match. United got the 3 points, all that matters in the end.

D_prOdigy

I could hear what sounded like a crowd of Japanese girls chanting United at a couple of points. Also counted down the last few seconds of the 90.

Maybe that was just me though...

I was asking a serious question.

How long does it take to get from London to Manchester? Providing various modes of transportation would be helpful.
3 hours by car, maybe 3 and a half.

Train is 2 hours, but you'd have to commute from your home to the stations. Door to door it used to take me 3 hours.

Plane...we don't do that here.

I could hear what sounded like a crowd of Japanese girls chanting United at a couple of points. Also counted down the last few seconds of the 90.

Maybe that was just me though...
Lol I heard that too.

FootballFan

Random facts for BarcaGAF(not sure if accurate lol)

- This game is the 14th time Messi scores at least twice in a CL match , equaling the all-time CL record held by Raul.

- With 52 goals, Messi surpasses Thierry Henry and becomes the 4th top goalscorer in the history of the European Cup/CL

Carbonox

Tomorrow morning and I depart for Hungary for a week and a half. Barely any internet if at all. FML. Oh well, Palinka abuse will be had to pass the time away.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Random facts for BarcaGAF(not sure if accurate lol)

- This game is the 14th time Messi scores at least twice in a CL match , equaling the all-time CL record held by Raul.

- With 52 goals, Messi surpasses Thierry Henry and becomes the 4th top goalscorer in the history of the European Cup/CL

alexis was so good tonite. he does that with chile he is a facilitator

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As disappointed as I am with the result, people talking up Juve are ignoring that we played some nice stuff.

http://i.minus.com/iXLwRSREgZOaT.gif[IMG]

Pirlo got took to the shop by Oscar.[/QUOTE]

Chelsea played really well! Pirlo is basically a zombie with a pair of golden boots, we don't expect anything other than passes from him.

You know what's worrying though? Why the fuck was PIRLO there in the first place? WHERE WERE YOU BONUCCI?

Paracelsus

As disappointed as I am with the result, people talking up Juve are ignoring that we played some nice stuff.

Pirlo got took to the shop by Oscar.

I honestly think, aside from all Juve shortcomings, that you were nothing special and Bonucci's own goal (because that shot would have 100% been deflected like Ivanovic's) complicated things for Juventus.

With that being said, Asamoah and Pirlo played one of the shittiest games ever, 0/5 stars to both.

Sloosha

Agreed, but we must not panic!

True, but I think below-par performances from our central midfield, and Dodgy defending, are going to be common occurrences for us this season. Oscar was fantastic today though. Not just his goals, but his passing was really good. Really went up a gear after he scored his first.

norinrad

Are you f**king kidding me? Can United not afford to find a decent player to replace Scholes? They desperately need a midfielder to deliver the balls. It looks like they won't get far in this one

I honestly think, aside from all Juve shortcomings, that you were nothing special and Bonucci's own goal (because that shot would have 100% been deflected like Ivanovic's) complicated things for Juventus.

With that being said, Asamoah and Pirlo played one of the shittiest games ever, 0/5 stars to both.

How dare you denying Oscar's sexyness in this game!

qindarka

Banned
In the end, good game for a neutral. Both Juventus and Chelsea will take the point and neither should have serious problems getting out of the group (breaking out of pessimism mode for a while here).

Still a little pissed with the ref.

FootballFan

Pirlo got took to the shop by Oscar.

Fantastic goal, but I don't think Pirlo has the job of shutting down players, he is like Xavi, controls the tempo of the game with passes. Though credit to Oscar because it's hard making anyone look clueless like he did there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll take nothing away from Oscar in this game, but the first goal was indeed a horrific own goal. It was a tame shot.

Meier

Tonight must surely cement Oscar's place.

I swapped out Hazard for Oscar before the start of the season in FPL.. that was a mistake. Had to pay an arm and a leg but I did end up getting Hazard in my lineup a week or two later. Took a -4 hit but it was worth it.

Clegg

I still think Scholes is a great player but he doesn't have the legs to play for more than 60 minutes.

He should come on with twenty minutes to go against midfields that are tiring. He just can't keep up with the speed when he starts the game.

SAF needs to sort out that midfield.

Meier

The GF's forcing me to watch White Collar. A fate worse than death.

I thought the first few seasons were pretty good. It got a little repetitive though like most shows from USA (outside of Psych which I still love with all my heart) and I gave up on it after the 3rd season I believe it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom