• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I pretend Pogba in the starting XI against Chievo on Saturday. If he's gonna start Pirlo again, Conte is fucking crazy.

Kylehimself, let's just say that both Juve and Chesea can and must do much better. I want you guys to destroy Shakthar in both games. We'll try to do the same. <3

D_prOdigy

Who have the best supporters in England?

Fulham

JXaDs.jpg

Rikkun

As disappointed as I am with the result, people talking up Juve are ignoring that we played some nice stuff.

iXLwRSREgZOaT.gif

Pirlo got took to the shop by Oscar.

You're right, too bad you got lucky on your first goal and that Quaglia post... Match could've easily end differently.

But yeah, I'll take the point.

K1LLER7

We need Rooney back.

Thought Nani was alright. Although he missed the pen he created chances for Chicha and others. Plus his link up with Kagawa was great at times.

Valencia and Scholes were shocking today, more so than Evra. Valencia's Crossing was poor, has no left foot at all which is frustrating to see from professional footballers at the top level. Scholes was slow on the ball at times too.

Hope to see Cleverly back in the next game.

I pretend Pogba in the starting XI against Chievo on Saturday. If he's gonna start Pirlo again, Conte is fucking crazy.

Kylehimself, let's just say that both Juve and Chesea can and must do much better. I want you guys to destroy Shakthar in both games. We'll try to do the same. <3
I think a point is a fair result. Just disappointed with how we handled it in the end. I only said what I did because people were talking like it was all Juve and we were lucky to scrape a draw. Which simply wasn't true, both sides played some good stuff and both sides had their poor moments.

It's just odd because before the game everyone was talking like we had no chance, and so it was our game to win. But then we draw and Juve are taking all the praise as if they fought harder for it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's just odd because before the game everyone was talking like we had no chance, and so it was our game to win. But then we draw and Juve are taking all the praise as if they fought harder for it.

I don't think anyone can praise our performance with a straight face, it's just that people tend to praise the team that came back from behind slightly more.

Bumhead

Banned
:lol

They average around 10,000 less than their maximum capacity a season

The Stadium of Light is huge. Maybe bigger than it should be? I don't know. Not making a judgement (and I'm not one to talk).

But Sunderland have always had strong home support even when they've been in the lower divisions and have always travelled well. They've got great away support and I'm always a big fan of that.

Manchester United's core support is up there with the best in the country as well. Ignore all the day trippers or whatever and United's core support and away followings are always good travellers.

Stoke are a joke. The constant fawning over their home fans makes me cringe. I've been to Stoke numerous times before they got promoted to the Premiership and apart from the away end the ground was half empty and as good as silent on every occasion. They've never had it so good and managing to fill their ground, and because some chumps have decided to do some wank Soccer AM style muppetry about recording decibels or whatever they're now the self proclaimed best fans in the country. Bullshit.

Salazar

Scholes should have only had a half. ClevGod should have got a run.

Evra is a liability. I've just been burned too many times by his atrocious positioning and sluggishness and cowardice. I refuse to accept his experience as a determining factor in his favour, when he demonstrates so often that he doesn't fucking learn. If anything, we should have sold him to QPR.

As someone said earlier, we need midfield possession to keep the ball closer to Shinji. It's not good enough for him to only see it when we are on the break or for him to have to drop deep to get it.

Slizz

Scholes should have only had a half. ClevGod should have got a run.

Evra is a liability. I've just been burned too many times by his atrocious positioning and sluggishness and cowardice.

As someone said earlier, we need midfield possession to keep the ball closer to Shinji. It's not good enough for him to only see it when we are on the break or for him to have to drop deep to get it.

Once you go Buttner you can't go back.

Hixx

The Stadium of Light is huge. Maybe bigger than it should be? I don't know. Not making a judgement (and I'm not one to talk).

But Sunderland have always had strong home support even when they've been in the lower divisions and have always travelled well. They've got great away support and I'm always a big fan of that.

Manchester United's core support is up there with the best in the country as well. Ignore all the day trippers or whatever and United's core support and away followings are always good travellers.

Stoke are a joke. The constant fawning over their home fans makes me cringe. I've been to Stoke numerous times before they got promoted to the Premiership and apart from the away end the ground was half empty and as good as silent on every occasion. They've never had it so good and managing to fill their ground, and because some chumps have decided to do some wank Soccer AM style muppetry about recording decibels or whatever they're now the self proclaimed best fans in the country. Bullshit.

The original capacity was 42k (which was perfect) but in 2000/2001 (can't remember exact year) we increased capacity by 7k after increased demand when we were missing out on europe by a fucking point :mad:

Then, of course, it all went tits up because Murray was more interested in having a massive stadium with gold fucking taps than replacing Niall Quinn.

Tore Andre bastarding Flo then arrived...

Hixx

Stoke have the best supporters.

They are more interested in heckling the opposition than supporting their own team. They are so angry, they hate everyone. One day, when they get bored of hating everything else they will hate themselves and the Britannia will become the ugliest battle royale ever.

Just got back from the game! Disappointed we didn't win, dat Oscar second goal. Juve were clinical though with their chances, Torres has a torrid night, couldn't get on the ball to any great effect (except winning it back for the second goal) and no-one was supplying.

Oscar looked incredible, ramires shouldn't be playing on the right.

And do Chelsea fans finally agree with me that Mikel is bloody useless? His tackling tonight was effective at times but he can't pass to save his life it was embarrising and cost us the second goal.

Hopefully we can avoid defeat in the away game, was encouraged by what I saw tonight, that performance would have done most teams but Juve are an excellent side.

Also, dat Pirlo beard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom