• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_willy

So this seems to be the team that is available (11 + 7 subs + 2 reserve)

1 Brad Jones (30)
42 Peter Gulácsi (22)

3 José Enrique (26)
16 Sebastian Coates (21)
22 Danny Wilson (20)
23 Jamie Carragher (34)
47 Andre Wisdom (19)
49 Jack Robinson (19)

4 Nuri Sahin (24)
14 Jordan Henderson (22)
30 Suso (18)
33 Jonjo Shelvey (20)
35 Conor Coady (19)

11 Oussama Assaidi (24)
12 Daniel Pacheco (21)
19 Stewart Downing (28)
31 Raheem Sterling (17)

29 Fabio Borini (21)
36 Samed Yesil (18)
50 Adam Morgan (18)

I know its more a sign of how thin our squad is, but its great to have this many U21

too big of an expectation for these lads to come good straight away, but i hope they put up a please performance

confuziz

Banned
Speaking of phones, I downloaded Sopcast for Android a few days ago and did a little test drive with it. I apparently did not have my wifi on, so I used up 680mb reaching my total 1gb limit in a few minutes. Thank fucking god that it became mandatory a few months ago for all phones to have an automatic lock on all 3G connectivity when going over your internet limit. If not I would have probably been a few gigabytes over my limit which would have cost me a fortune.

10 days without 3G internet and my school does not have wifi set up yet.

#firstworldproblems

First thing I do when i get home : 3g off -> wifi on =P

Kenka

This video, it just can't be ? Who can be mentally ill enough to throw that above a crowd into a pitch ? This is outrageous. The person who did that must be arrested and sentenced ASAP. You can't let that shit run rampant.

Meier

MyWGT.jpg

Pathetic. Apple have screwed the pooch on this maps thing.. they should have paid whatever Google asked until iOS7 because as it stands, Maps is going to be a joke. The removal of transit directions is absolutely insane -- what a handy feature. I rarely needed it here in Austin since the bus system is minimal but it was great whenever we went to a music fest or something else where we didn't want to drive.

It's a colossal misstep.

Thanks for the stream! I've watched the second half of Arsenal-Tottenham, you guys weren't that bad, not sure about what happened in ther first half and why you lost 5-2. The games seems good and similar to the demo and at least some transfers are updated!

Yeah! It didn't run well on my PC with the streaming!

Apparently you can do this on FIFA 13:

Which is really awesome[/QUOTE]

Why is this awesome? What sports game brings religion into play? What's next players making signs of the cross when entering and leaving the field?
/edit
At the very least PEGI should highlight it somehow. How about "religion infested"?

Why is this awesome? What sports game brings religion into play? What's next players making signs of the cross when entering and leaving the field?
/edit
At the very least PEGI should highlight it somehow. How about "religion infested"?

I wasn't really looking at it any other way than thinking it was a cool nod to what is their signature celebration. It's pretty harmless.

I wasn't really looking at it any other way than thinking it was a cool nod to what is their signature celebration. It's pretty harmless.
I don't think so. It sets a precedent. Next some batshit South American player will want his celebratory "THANK YOU JESUS" T-shirt in the game. I don't like it one bit.

Garjon

too big of an expectation for these lads to come good straight away, but i hope they put up a please performance

That's about all I can expect. YB are a good side and will no doubt punish the arrogance; I hope it doesn't dent the youngsters' confidence.

Heard from a guy I know at the club, Shebby Singh can't wait to show his power and will push to sack him as soon as we lose a game

I don't expect it to happen but those odds were too good to pass up

Fair enough. Surely Darren Ferguson will be out if Peterborough don't get a point or two soon? Paul Jewell doesn't look safe either.

Yen

/edit

Liverpool: Jones, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Suso, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco.
Subs: Gulacsi, Sterling, Borini, Shevley, Yesil, Robinson, Wilson.

I don't think so. It sets a precedent. Next some batshit South American player will want his celebratory "THANK YOU JESUS" T-shirt in the game. I don't like it one bit.

I think you're overreacting, there seems to be a leap from referencing a celebration to inserting obvious religious imagery.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Liverpool: Jones, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Suso, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco.
Subs: Gulacsi, Sterling, Borini, Shevley, Yesil, Robinson, Wilson.

Yikes. A strong Spurs team got slapped around by Young Boys two years ago, that team looks really weak. I suppose Liverpool just don't have the squad to be able to field two strong XIs in different competitions.

Fry

Yikes. A strong Spurs team got slapped around by Young Boys two years ago, that team looks really weak. I suppose Liverpool just don't have the squad to be able to field two strong XIs in different competitions.

Weak? lmao

That looks better than the team Dalglish considered to be his strongest one.

Please tell me you are trolling.

I'm not trolling, wtf? There is a reason you don't see Jesus and Mohammad (lol) in mainstream cartoons or shows like the Teletubbies or Dora the Explorer. Keep that shit away from kids.

/it's a valid discussion
Mehmet Scholl (in his function as a tv expert) was furious with some German players who made the cross sign after scoring. Keep that shit out of the sport.

Our team tonight: Elliot; Perch, Williamson, S.Taylor, Santon; Bigirimana, Gosling; Obertan, Vuckic, Amalfitano; Shola Ameobi (c)

Subs:Harper, Tavernier, Ferguson, Abeid, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Campbell.

Young side, as expected. Hopefully we get an early goal and give Campbell some minutes.

Kyoufu

I'm not trolling, wtf? There is a reason you don't see Jesus and Mohammad (lol) in mainstream cartoons or shows like the Teletubbies or Dora the Explorer. Keep that shit away from kids.

/it's a valid discussion
Mehmet Scholl (in his function as a tv expert) was furious with some German players who made the cross sign after scoring. Keep that shit out of the sport.

It's a goal celebration, nothing more.

Next you'll tell me Ba and Cisse should be banned for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom