• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Andy Wilkinson banned for 3 games for elbowing Balotelli. But it's hardly reported.

Imagine if it was the other way around?

Very cool

Wilshire is back in training. Fuck yes

A3PlPLeCYAA-Vvg.jpg

So glad to see him in training,hopefully we get the same Wilshire back.

Andy Wilkinson banned for 3 games for elbowing Balotelli. But it's hardly reported.

Stoke, man. Fucking Stoke.

Exciting lineup, can't wait to see that midfield triumvirate, and hope Pacheco can force himself into Rodgers' plans

SUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSO

It's a goal celebration, nothing more.

Next you'll tell me Ba and Cisse should be banned for this.

No, but they should be carded/fined if sign of the cross and other religious stuff was fined too. Undressing is fined/carded too because it's supposed to be indecent (basically a ME clause) so this should be as well.

But here I'm more concerned with football games that are suitable for 3+ having signs of religion in them. I wouldn't want my kids to be exposed to religion where I don't expect it.

/edit
New Shinji video because the last one had the shitty filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mlpm0yPhCI

btw. Nuremberg is interested in Takahiro Ogihara (from Cerezo Osaka, of course...lol)

Yen

No, but they should be carded/fined if sign of the cross and other religious stuff was fined too. Undressing is fined/carded too because it's supposed to be indecent (basically a ME clause) so this should be as well.

But here I'm more concerned with football games that are suitable for 3+ having signs of religion in them. I wouldn't want my kids to be exposed to religion where I don't expect it.

I don't think anyone cares that much. But this post is straight out of r/atheism.

You mean imagine if City were a small club?

My memory isn't amazing but yep, it stretches back far enough to remember the days when City players would be thuggish and not a big deal was made about it.

dc89

You mean imagine if City were a small club?

My memory isn't amazing but yep, it stretches back far enough to remember the days when City players would be thuggish and not a big deal was made about it.

The only out and out thug we've had in my eyes was Barton.

dc89

I knew Maps in iOS6 were bad but not this bad:

- A search for Manchester United Football Club directs users to Sale United Football Club, a community team for ages five and above.

From Macrumours.

Nevasleep

I knew Maps in iOS6 were bad but not this bad:

- A search for Manchester United Football Club directs users to Sale United Football Club, a community team for ages five and above.

From Macrumours.
Yep, also Woolworths seem to be back in business in many towns....

Turok_TTZ

Unfortunately the Spanish press continues to insist in making Sergio Ramos look better than he actually is, so this seems like a crime. "How do you bench the best CB in the world?" screams the raging defensive Spanish press.

Sergio Ramos is nowhere the best CB in the world, he's not even the best Spanish CB or best Real Madrid CB because he can be a complete liability due to his frequent positional mistakes. Seeing him playing alongside Pepe, is clear that one of them "knows" how the play will develop and antecipites and the other just reacts to what is happening, sometimes too late.

Well tbf euro2012 pique was a total liability and that probably cemented ramos as spain's best cb.

Do not think I am a simple madrid fan to think that he is one of the best. I'm actually in the opinion that ramos is far from the best. Actually I don't even view pepe or ramos as wc cbs tbh. They both rely too much on pure athleticism rather than tactical prowess/positioning for defending. both are tactically inept. bayern last year in cl semis took full advantage of that. neither ramos nor pepe cud contain gomez.

Varane on the team is a godsend. His tactical prowess and defensive skills are beyond both pepe and ramos. But the kid needs playing time to vindicate such a judgement. but anyone who saw the mancity game shud have seen how well he played. neither goal conceded was his fault and for me he was the best defender that match.

I have high hopes for Varane. too bad mourinho will stick with pepe and ramos. personally I prefer ramos varane rather than pepe varane. Pepe is a nutcase and ramos is younger anyways, most cbs dont get real good until they older. well, unless if ur Varane.

and finally Mourinho can only afford to drop ramos becuz of Varane's quality. Alonso has no suitable backup and arbeloa literally has no backup or competition for that matter. Casillas is untouchable and had mou benched him for adan, surely the internal conflict wud leak out.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
WTF is up with Enrique's hair?

Looks like he just escaped from Wormwood Scrubs.

pulga

Banned
Well tbf euro2012 pique was a total liability and that probably cemented ramos as spain's best cb.

Do not think I am a simple madrid fan to think that he is one of the best. I'm actually in the opinion that ramos is far from the best. Actually I don't even view pepe or ramos as wc cbs tbh. They both rely too much on pure athleticism rather than tactical prowess/positioning for defending. both are tactically inept. bayern last year in cl semis took full advantage of that. neither ramos nor pepe cud contain gomez.

Varane on the team is a godsend. His tactical prowess and defensive skills are beyond both pepe and ramos. But the kid needs playing time to vindicate such a judgement. but anyone who saw the mancity game shud have seen how well he played. neither goal conceded was his fault and for me he was the best defender that match.

I have high hopes for Varane. too bad mourinho will stick with pepe and ramos. personally I prefer ramos varane rather than pepe varane. Pepe is a nutcase and ramos is younger anyways, most cbs dont get real good until they older. well, unless if ur Varane.

and finally Mourinho can only afford to drop ramos becuz of Varane's quality. Alonso has no suitable backup and arbeloa literally has no backup or competition for that matter. Casillas is untouchable and had mou benched him for adan, surely the internal conflict wud leak out.

Ramos-Varane-Pepe-Marcelo? Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom