• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

This match has been an absolute shambles.

A thoroughly entertaining shambles though.

I hope Liverpool defend like this on Sunday.

ShogunX

Well that was entertaining if a bit annoying with the shite going on at the back but it's been a long time since I've seen us score five.

operon

lol Shelvey

Henderson, Shelvey, Wisdom, Coates and Jones have done good imo

Suso, Downing and Assaidi did OK
u
Sahin and Pacheco disappointing

Carragher and Enrique poor
Lots of positives tonight and negatives.
A great positive should be that carragher is never in a Liverpool shirt again unless hes watching from the stands. Enrique needs much work.

WTF at Shelvey being 20yo. Woah, he's going to be a tank at some point in his career.
I thought he's some old ass reserve player and you had to use him due to that cool Brazilian DM being injured.

Nice prospect for sure, I already noticed him in the game vs. City (I think).

Feorax

The only problem is that Jonhson is so much more effective on the right. We really do miss out when he's at leftback.

I find it hard to believe that Kelly RB and Johnson LB is Rodgers preferred setup at this point.

Robinson can do a job there if Enrique isn't performing. He and Sterling link up well.

elsk

Banned
WTF at Shelvey being 20yo. Woah, he's going to be a tank at some point in his career.
I thought he's some old ass reserve player and you had to use him due to that cool Brazilian DM being injured.

Nice prospect for sure, I already noticed him in the game vs. City (I think).

He can't be 20 years old, ffs! :O
But is he a CAM or a DM? I don't get it.

flyover

The only problem is that Jonhson is so much more effective on the right. We really do miss out when he's at leftback.

I agree. That's what I hate about Enrique's descent in 2012.

Jonjo's been great lately. He takes a ton of shots from range, but it seems a large percentage of them are on-target (don't have stats handy to verify), so I'm okay with it. Nice to have someone who knows where (and how large) the goal is.

It's funny how rumours start.

You know I said I put a tenner on Kean to go, well that tenner took his odds from 40/1 to 25/1 then someone else put a fiver on and it's down to 14/1

Now twitter rumours start that his odds are dropping and it must mean something

sohois

I find it hard to believe that Kelly RB and Johnson LB is Rodgers preferred setup at this point.

Robinson can do a job there if Enrique isn't performing. He and Sterling link up well.

People shitting on Enrique but he's barely had any playing time thus far and has been struggling with injuries, once he is back to full fitness I think he will be very much first choice.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
It's nice to see Liverpool try to play possession football, but they need to be much more savvy when it comes to situational awareness.

D_prOdigy

Good shit Fenerbahce (Y). Letting a 2 goal lead slip at home like its nothing.

MrmUv.jpg

He can't be 20 years old, ffs! :O
But is he a CAM or a DM? I don't get it.

Yeah, I just looked him up. CAM or OM (supposedly) - I felt live he was employed as a DM vs. City. He's prolly not fit to be a great offensive midfielder, but he could be a great, Yaya-esque DM.

United missed a penalty in the reserve game.

ffs :lol
:lol

Shelvey is a talent. Shows it takes a lot of time with young players though. There was a lot of hype about him and when he started to get some minutes a couple of years ago he just wasn't cutting it, had talent but didn't do the right things.

At the tail end of last season he started to get chances and began to play well. Rodgers is getting some good performances out of him now.

Liverpool have a lot of promising young players through the team now. Yesil (I haven't seen him but I'll believe the hype for now), Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Allen, Kelly, Coates and Robinson all seem like players who should at least be in the squad going into the next few years.

Fry

Seriously, Shelvey is immense. Him and Sterling are really impressive for their age.

Tottenham x Lazio, who will GAF root for?

----

phantastk2, is there an youtube channel with Champions League highlights in HD? That would be really handy.

sohois

Yeah, I just looked him up. CAM or OM (supposedly) - I felt live he was employed as a DM vs. City. He's prolly not fit to be a great offensive midfielder, but he could be a great, Yaya-esque DM.

No seems to know where Shelvey is gonna end up, when he first arrived he just had cameo appearances in the centre, not particularly attacking or defending midfielder. In the youth/reserve games he was played as the Gerrard-esque attacking midfielder, then when he went on loan to Blackpool I believe a lot of his games even came on the left of a front 3. Now on his return he has played all the central positions it seems.

One things for certain though, he won't end up as a DM. Some of his tackling is Adam like.

Meier

Neat story about Orlando City:
In July, Aloma United Methodist Church in Winter Park sent a small care package to an impoverished area of Mexico to offer care to the children. A part of the care package was 2011 Orlando City training gear and soccer balls, something the children were incredibly happy to see.

The donated items, which included the 2011 white training top, were distributed to a local team for to wear during their soccer matches.

“The shirts are a sign of hope and symbol that someone believes in them,” said Bill Allshouse, a representative of the orphanage to which the items were donated. “This kind of encouragement had perhaps helped them win a championship in a small, local tournament after they received the gear.”
http://www.orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1119

Can't wait for them to get into MLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom