• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

proxy.jpg

pans-labyrinth-1.jpg

Lightning

Banned
I had doubts whether Spurs would take the competition seriously but given the team fielded I think it's safe to say they are going to take it very seriously.

Lennon is captain? Weird choice.

I have to watch all Europa League matches from now on in SD :(

Edit: although that's probably a good thing as ITV HD is shit :lol

Lightning

Banned
Very good team they've put out.
Yeah. Brave from spurs given their league position isn't exactly great and they can't really afford to drop too many more points early or it becomes a long road back.

Happy they are taking the competition seriously though. I am not sure I would want us to do the same if we were in it.

Clegg

Can't see Scholes playing against Liverpool. He's played the last two games and he doesn't have the legs to play three in eight days.

Whatever happens we'll still get bossed in midfield. We don't have a ball winner and Liverpool like to pass it around.

I'd be happy with a draw tbh.

phantastk2, is there an youtube channel with Champions League highlights in HD? That would be really handy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkySportHD
But you're out of luck outside of Germany. What are you looking for, a certain scene maybe?

No seems to know where Shelvey is gonna end up, when he first arrived he just had cameo appearances in the centre, not particularly attacking or defending midfielder. In the youth/reserve games he was played as the Gerrard-esque attacking midfielder, then when he went on loan to Blackpool I believe a lot of his games even came on the left of a front 3. Now on his return he has played all the central positions it seems.

One things for certain though, he won't end up as a DM. Some of his tackling is Adam like.
Thanks for the info/assessment. He seemed pretty nice defensively vs. City (like moving into the right spaces & dispossessing/intercepting)...maybe I'm just imagining things o_O
But tackling is not even that super important for a DM, at least not more important than marking ability, pace & general robustness in duels. He would also deliver the danger in front of the goal. But we'll see..

He reminds me of Darron Gibson.
As an example of someone who has failed at a top club? But Everton might end up above Utd. this season, lolo j/k

LegoArmo

Can't see Scholes playing against Liverpool. He's played the last two games and he doesn't have the legs to play three in eight days.

Whatever happens we'll still get bossed in midfield. We don't have a ball winner and Liverpool like to pass it around.

Let's play Tunnicliffe!

K1LLER7

I'm hoping he fields:

------ Ando - Cleverly ------

Nani ----- Kagawa ---- Young

-------------- RVP ---------------

But he'll end up playing Welbeck, Chicha and Giggs.

dc89

Pogba would have been good for this.

Garjon

Lazio are playing really defensively here, for some reason I expected them to be a bit of an attacking side tonight, though perhaps some players just daren't.

scently

He would have been good yes.

But he got greedy and is now riding the pine for the one good team in a declining league.

And we have two static, immobile midfielders who are 30+ who also need all the time in the world to decide who or where to pass to, and who I might add cannot do anything defensively. I am just really sick of our midfield. I just don't understand why SAF cannot buy the midfielders we need. And for the record, I have nothing against Pogba, if SAF would rather play Park and Raphael as midfielders instead of giving him a chance then he has every right not to trust any promise that he will be given more opportunity later. Of course it might be the same situation in Juve but that is another discussion alltogether.

Meier

I guess Balotelli didn't play in the game against Real due to disciplinary reasons (according to the papers at least, but it seems quite believable). Apparently stayed out late after the Stoke match and refuses to give up smoking. PSG are still interested.. Mancini should go ahead and sell him and replace him with Jovetic next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom