• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sappy113

No doubt that Liverpool fans have a right to be aggrieved after that one... I know we'd be if we were on the receiving end of those decisions today.

Aside from that Rafael goal and a few nice link-ups with RVP/Kagawa, we were totally shit today. SAF putting too much trust in some of these vets like Giggs/Evra (though Rio was immense).

Yea, I agree. Don't think it was very deserved at all, and the play was way too shitty to be comfy with.

That being said, a victory at Anfield and 4 wins in 5 games, even with the poor play? I'll take that.

Seria A 6 of 6 games being played are a draw.

Never forget

65cct.jpg

Clegg

I'm disgusted with that performance. Midfield is completely immobile and offers no creativity for our attack or protection for our defence. It may as well not be there. Evra is still crap and is constantly being caught out of position. Kagawa and RVP are our most potent attacking threats but are rendered useless due to our non-existant midfield and general lethargy or our players.

SAF has some serious sorting out to do with this team. And a lot of these problems are due to his tactics and his decision to not sign a CM.

Empty

slightly embarrassing victory - given pathetic first half, dependence on fortunate ref calls and scholes - but it's against liverpool so i'm not so bothered.

Bo-Locks

Well deserved win. It can be tough against relegation candidates whose fans try to intimidate the ref. At least we can beat these shit teams with literally no midfield.

Arnie

Not even mad. We were the better team, Halsey robbed us by unevening the teams after two red card challenges.

That killed us, not United.

Soi-Fong

I'm disgusted with that performance. Midfield is completely immobile and offers no creativity for our attack or protection for our defence. It may as well not be there. Evra is still crap and is constantly being caught out of position. Kagawa and RVP are our most potent attacking threats but are rendered useless due to our non-existant midfield and general lethargy or our players.

SAF has some serious sorting out to do with this team. And a lot of these problems are due to his tactics and hid decision to not sign a CM.

Yeah. We didn't deserve to win this at all. Such a bad performance. Crazy how Scholes changed our midfield. We really need to come up with a way to replace him.

Kagawa and RVP were practically starved because of our midfield battle being lost..

Ferguson should look to the transfer market during January.

Clegg

sir alex does not think kagawa is good enough to last 90mins, he places more faith in 40 yo veterans giggs and scholes to provide the muscle in the midefield, nope not a top level player but a replacement for the aging park...

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Kagawa has had two good games and two average games for United. He started our biggest game of the season so far and our opening Champions League game.

He was subbed regularly for Dortmund too. Does that mean Klopp didn't rate him either?

Jensen

Ugly ugly win. But grinds like that do win titles. Best I can say for a poor game.
Tim you always sum our games up very well.

Didn't expect to get anything more than a point here so I'll take an ugly win. The team really needs realise Kagawa offers a better option through the middle than passing from side to side.

Fergie

Banned
Evra is done, Buttner from now on.

SCHOLES should only play last 20-30minutes.

GIGGS is done.

Should really start Clev and Anderson (if fit) from now on.

Undeserved win really but shit happens.

Garjon

Well that's just fucking annoying. I mean, we can't totally blame the ref; we should've done better with the chances we had, but when a ref makes decisions that completely change the outcome of the game I think we have a right to be pissed. Add into the incredibly unfortunate injuries to our already struggling defence and we have a whole bottomless pit of fuck awaiting us.

LegoArmo

I'm very happy.

United need to sign 2 class midfielders, a left back, and probably fuck off Nani, who seems like he can't be arsed.

I'm very happy.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal lineup:

Mannone, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Gervinho, Podolski.

No ox, no Giroud, no Verm, Ramsey probably played on the wing (ugh)... we'll see how this turns out. Seems pretty conservative by Wenger; hopefully we'll play on the counter and grind out a 1-0.

Wonder if Gervinho or Podolski will play as striker. I'd prefer Gervinho, tbh; Podolski is fantastic at tracking back (and gets into scoring positions anyways)

yella

SAF has some serious sorting out to do with this team. And a lot of these problems are due to his tactics and hid decision to not sign a CM.

Don't forget that for 90+ minutes, we left 2 young midfielders to rot on the bench and played two retirees. Anderson's weight notwithstanding, how the fuck are they supposed to develop if they don't play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom