• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Not upset despite the loss. Excited for the future. The system is starting to come together very well, not miss placing passes, Gerrard looking good.

Very excited by the young players that are starting to break into the first team squad.

near

Gold Member
So what will be Liverpool's fate this season? How do the fans feel? Cause if this was happening at Spurs I'd be worried, am slightly worried about us right now. lol

K1LLER7

We were outplayed until they had a player sent off. Team has no chance in the CL unless there's a massive change in the team.

We need Rooney back, if it means Kagawa plays LW so be it. Rooney gets goals and is great at holding the ball when comparing to our other midfielders.

I want to see RVP, Kagawa and Rooney all start against Spurs.

One positive, defence was great and Rafael scored a brilliant goal.

faridmon

Now Liverpool feels how we felt this Monday. How I abhor shitty refereeing. It just destroys the game. I blame FIFA and Blatter on this one.

Man United were rubbish but a win is a win for them.

flyover

If they keep playing like that, the results will come for Liverpool. A few of their players aren't really up to the new system, and they still can't finish, but I think they're going to be pretty good as the season goes on.

It'll be very fun to see them whenever Lucas gets back, provided he can stay healthy.

United wasn't good, but three points is three points, when you're playing for the title.

Arnie

So what will be Liverpool's fate this season? How do the fans feel? Cause if this was happening at Spurs I'd be worried, am slightly worried about us right now. lol
Not worried in the slightest. We played really well today, and a poor refereeing display made the difference.

Trust Rodgers completely.

sohois

The ref gifted the game to Utd today & against City a bizarre individual lapse by Skrtel saw victory thrown away. Other than the West Brom game Liverpool's performances have been good, the lack of a goal threat remains a problem but the team looks better than last season. 2 points from 5 is a shame, but in the end it's only 5 games, they say that bad decisions, bad luck, etc. evens out over the course of a season, so perhaps there'll be some bonus for Liverpool later on.

Rafael was our only good player.

Gary Neville spot on about Suarez there. Was a pen but didn't help himself and his reputation is harming him now.

Tc91

Tony V's pace is frightening in the move that won the penalty.

Don't like how he stops when he's either going to shoot or cross it does my head in.

Blablurn

liverpool-united-robin-van-persie-514.jpg

TeegsD

Shitty performance. Giggs, Evra, and Nani don't deserve a spot in the starting 11. But we haven't managed a good result at Anfield in awhile so I'll take it.

Results being what they are, I still think Rodgers has the stuff to turn Liverpool into a very good team.

I'm still trying to understand the red. Shelvey goes in hard, but Evans lunges with 2 feet! I think a yellow for each player would have been fair. The penalty was just a blown call. That's 2 Liverpool have had against them very early in the season. So unlucky.

Soi-Fong

sky is doing some analysis of the penalty call for valencia. They explained that in the box Valencia's leftt foot (from the back) was hit preventing him from pulling the shot away and that was the penalty call.

Salazar

Not worried in the slightest. We played really well today, and a poor refereeing display made the difference.

Trust Rodgers completely.

Pretty much. Raf's strike was a positive, I guess.

Suso handled himself well. Johnson was a bit of a damsel whenever anyone got near him, but he was pretty effective. Gerrard got a nice goal and his distribution was positive and restrained. Borini - well, I dunno.

It's hard for him, I guess, but Liverpool aren't starving him and he could start to look like a comfort/familiarity signing from Rodgers.

sohois

Suso handled himself well. Johnson was a bit of a damsel whenever anyone got near him, but he was pretty effective. Gerrard got a nice goal and his distribution was positive and restrained. Borini - well, I dunno.

Borini did well - his performances mirror Liverpool's doing good but not getting the result, for Borini that would be goals. He crafted a few good chances in the first half and with only 45 minutes there wasn't much more he could of done.

LTWheels

I think Borini has been fine. He makes some good runs that draw away the centre halts making more space for other players.

He did it against Young Boys resulting in a goal. Saw it work a couple of times today as well.

Splatt

So, who's going to get sacked first, Allegri or Rodgers?

I don't think Rodgers is going to get sacked. Liverpool have played well this season but due to the hard fixture, a lack of proper striker and some defensive gaffes they only have 2pts from 5 games. I think they will win their next 3 games.

As for Allegri, he's a clown. Chased away every good player Milan had.

LegoArmo

Liverpool can play all the fancy football they want, but football is about the goals you score. They'll struggle without a proper 20+ goal a season striker. January will be interesting.

Salazar

Borini did well - his performances mirror Liverpool's doing good but not getting the result, for Borini that would be goals. He crafted a few good chances in the first half and with only 45 minutes there wasn't much more he could of done.

Fair enough.

ClevGod had better start our next league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom