• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Good point for us really, with the way we played in the first half we probably should have gone on to do a bit better but still good to get something out the game.

Very impressed from what I saw in the second half from Arsenal.

Arsenal looked in complete control. Could maybe should have won it at the end there if Gervinho had used his big head.

Good day for United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gervinho needs to come to terms with his baldness. Then he'll be unstoppable.

cambiasso_balding.jpg

jtb

Banned
Good result, but given how we dominated in the first half, we should have done far better. Or at least gotten three points. Fucking Gervinho...

dc89

Well we are still unbeaten and Arsenal have been on fire so far this season so I'm thankful for a point.

But last season we beat them at our place and if we are using that as a barometer we need to improve!

Still not out of 2nd gear yet and hopefully we do it soon or we will have no chance of defending our title!

Last season we romped 5-1 at White Hart Lane, we couldn't do that right now though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That'll do. Shite first half much better second but QPR played well. They bought some good players and they fought hard today.

I can't remember the last time we came back to win.

When you consider that we had no BAE, Naughton, Parker or Ade I think the second half was decent. Caulker is a beast at corners, great for him to cause the OG today.

dc89

Mancini should have left Dzeko on to be honest. I don't really see how Tevez improved the side there and Dzeko is always good in the air.

dc89

Tevez also got beat by a smaller player trying to grab a pass which surprised me since Tevez is huge.

Huge?

he's 5 foot 7.

Dzeko looked so sad coming off :(

To be honest, I'd rather see Dzeko leave then just get played willy nilly, he seems a genuine nice guy and he just wants to play.

We saw him score the other week, we saw him score at Madrid, he put himself about today and didn't deserve to be took off. Aguero looked a bit tired and he'd have been best to take off.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Was Gervinho that bad? I had it on in the background and I barely looked away from the Spurs game. I saw him take one god-awful touch that ruined a golden chance and I saw him looking sheepish towards the end.

G17

Anyone have a gif of Koscielny's goal? I'm happy we walked away with a point. Gervinho could have won it for us.

jtb

Banned
Biggest surprise for me was just how much Jenkinson bossed the right side; I wonder how the game would have panned out if we had someone a bit more incisive like Theo or Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right with him to overlap his runs... defensively solid and provided some great balls in from the right side.

I'm still in shock that Jenkinson is not only not complete shit, but actually developing into a good player.

Was Gervinho that bad? I had it on in the background and I barely looked away from the Spurs game. I saw him take one god-awful touch that ruined a golden chance and I saw him looking sheepish towards the end.

missed a really good chance, sent two half-chances far off target. Wenger plays him to get behind defenders, but you can't really do that when you're facing a team that sits deep (as City did after they scored) and so he was woefully ineffective for the second half. The moment Giroud came on, we played more direct and that opened up all kinds of space for Cazorla and other players in the box (which eventually lead to the goal)

I didn't think he was terrible but he was over-doing things alot as usual. He was creating trouble down the left side though.

Definitely should have done better at the end. Could have slipped his team-mate in too for a simple finish.

Biggest surprise for me was just how much Jenkinson bossed the right side; I wonder how the game would have panned out if we had someone a bit more incisive like Theo or Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right with him to overlap his runs... defensively solid and provided some great balls in from the right side.

I'm still in shock that Jenkinson is not only not complete shit, but actually developing into a good player.
He's looked really good this season.

dc89

I'd have flipped my shit if that Kompany over head kick went in.

I think GAF would have flipped their shit with me.

G17

Been liking his performances this whole season. He chose 25 because of Kanu and his family have been Arsenal fans for decades. Love him.

2 Years ago he was with Charlton.. and now starting for Arsenal in the Premier League.

1JJ4M.jpg

Soi-Fong

Huge?

he's 5 foot 7.

To be honest, I'd rather see Dzeko leave then just get played willy nilly, he seems a genuine nice guy and he just wants to play.

We saw him score the other week, we saw him score at Madrid, he put himself about today and didn't deserve to be took off. Aguero looked a bit tired and he'd have been best to take off.

I meant huge as in weight and such. He shouldn't be pushed off the ball too easily even if he is short.

dc89

Holy fuck at the Sky Gervinho montage then from this game.

Tackling himself, tackling Ramsey :lol

"Half the time I don't think he knows what he's doing." Jamie Redknapp.

Plasma

Banned
It hurts to watch again.

Shame as well, against Southampton for his goal he took a good first touch and then rifled it in.

I think if he is given a run in the side though he'll get better, the problem is though that another African Cup of Nations is looming so he'll go there and then be completely worn out during the run in.

Dibbz

A point for Arsenal is decent but man they should have scored a lot more. Fucking practice hitting the target because right now we are so shit at it.

Grim1ock

Banned
man that was a great game.

Gervinho oh god. If he only gets a bit of composure and cool head he could be a killer player. He gets into so many positions and he fluffs most of them

And david silva is so shit. How may misplaced passes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom