• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

G17

@Judderman Do you have a gif of that Koscielny goal? Gervinho really could have won it for us. He has some work to do, I would not sell him just yet since he can get himself in good positions time after time.

jtb

Banned
Last complaint re: Gervinho. He just absolutely refused to cross the ball all game. I don't know if he just can't (like Walcott), if Wenger told him not to, or if he just enjoys passing it to the opposition in the box, but when we brought Giroud on, he just kept running straight into defenders instead of whipping it towards Giroud (or any player really). Frustrating.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've been on the Silva hate-train for months. Great player but his ankle is clearly not right, nobody so talented can be this shit if they're fit.

Arnie

I've been on the Silva hate-train for months. Great player but his ankle is clearly not right, nobody so talented can be this shit if they're fit.

Same. He hasn't been close to his excellent best for over half a year now.

As I say, it was most apparent during the Euros when he was surrounded by players who excel at utter technical consistency.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hZ16t.png

Shots fired, by a friendly NPC.

Been liking his performances this whole season. He chose 25 because of Kanu and his family have been Arsenal fans for decades. Love him.

2 Years ago he was with Charlton.. and now starting for Arsenal in the Premier League.

1JJ4M.jpg

His parents were more chuffed than he was when he signed for the club. Because he is a fan, I'll never bad mouth him again. He's earned the free pass

One thing that surprised me about the game today was we were, for great periods, the better footballing team in the midfield. I thought we pinged the ball better, showed more creativity with it, nice combination play - we looked more comfortable with the ball than City did, despite their wealth of signings. I'm not sure whether that was a measure of of the two sides, or whether City intentionally conceded possession

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Being Liverpool was on a few minutes ago. Brendan Rodgers is pretty cool.

Been liking his performances this whole season. He chose 25 because of Kanu and his family have been Arsenal fans for decades. Love him.

2 Years ago he was with Charlton.. and now starting for Arsenal in the Premier League.

1JJ4M.jpg

IT MEANS NOTHING TRUST ME!

Veratti+Juventus.jpg

Hyphen

Holy fuck at the Sky Gervinho montage then from this game.

Tackling himself, tackling Ramsey :lol

"Half the time I don't think he knows what he's doing." Jamie Redknapp.

Football is so funny isn't it? Gervinho scores 2 goals in 2 games; press and pundits proclaim him a great goal-scorer and Arsenal can do without Van Persie. He has a bad game today and suddenly it's "I don't think he knows what he's doing".

Just read through the thread from Liv/United second half.

DELICIOUS.

My favourite are confuziz and Messi who just hate United so much you can sense it in every post. It's wonderful. Horrible when we lose, just beautiful when we win - especially when it's a jammy win like today.

Fady's tweet is absolute bullshit and if it wasn't Fady who we know is so lovely I'd actually be a bit annoyed cos it's suggesting something which isn't very nice - anyway.

If we're gonna talk about cheating, its probably worth noting the Suarez dive. A Liverpool player cheating is perhaps more poignant than what the other side did today.

Yeah, the Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea and both score games one. Cheers for that!

I should charge a subscription at this rate. I've posted several winning tips! How much did you stake?

jtb

Banned
One thing that surprised me about the game today was we were, for great periods, the better footballing team in the midfield. I thought we pinged the ball better, showed more creativity with it, nice combination play - we looked more comfortable with the ball than City did, despite their wealth of signings. I'm not sure whether that was a measure of of the two sides, or whether City intentionally conceded possession

That didn't really surprise me; City came out with a 4-4-2ish formation (another Mancini tactical masterstroke) and City were just begging to be dominated in midfield. Once it was 3 vs 3 in the middle and City were content to sit back, it was much more even.

Falcao scored today AGAIN. An animal, nothing short of it. I remember he was crazy good in FIFA 10 with Porto. I'll be sure to rinse out Atletico this year online

Soi-Fong

Just read through the thread from Liv/United second half.

DELICIOUS.

My favourite are confuziz and Messi who just hate United so much you can sense it in every post. It's wonderful. Horrible when we lose, just beautiful when we win - especially when it's a jammy win like today.

Fady's tweet is absolute bullshit and if it wasn't Fady who we know is so lovely I'd actually be a bit annoyed cos it's suggesting something which isn't very nice - anyway.

I can understand being rivals, but I don't get the hate from Messi at least. Not like United is a rival of Barcelona.

Doesn't really matter though, United gets a lot of hate around here.

Just like what I posted before, some City fans here were wondering why Aguero didn't dive to get the penalty.

Didn't see dc or anybody hating on Garcia for that horrendous "hug" on the Arsenal player who broke free and certainly that deserved a red.

caramac

Thought Suso did well today, he came on and did the same things he does so well in the younger age teams. Pleased he got the chance.

Soi-Fong

He's a serial gambler and United clearly fucked his accumulator.

Our performance today was horrendous and we have to improve massively, but I don't think any United fan will complain taking away 3 points at Anfield as well as seeing Arsenal take away points from City today.

I can understand being rivals, but I don't get the hate from Messi at least. Not like United is a rival of Barcelona.

Doesn't really matter though, United gets a lot of hate around here.

Just like what I posted before, some City fans here were wondering why Aguero didn't dive to get the penalty.

Didn't see dc or anybody hating on Garcia for that horrendous "hug" on the Arsenal player who broke free and certainly that deserved a red.
I don't mind at all that people dislike United. It's always been like that and most likely it always will be.

Just I think the club, players and fans respected Hillsborough brilliantly today - it was a pleasant surprise for me. Everyone involved deserves alot of credit. Before the match, during and after by and large everybody behaved really well.

He's a serial gambler and United clearly fucked his accumulator.
Seems legit.

I don't mind at all that people dislike United. It's always been like that and most likely it always will be.

Just I think the club, players and fans respected Hillsborough brilliantly today - it was a pleasant surprise for me. Everyone involved deserves alot of credit. Before the match, during and after by and large everybody behaved really well.

Wasn't there something about chants after the final whistle?

Soi-Fong

Seems legit.

Yeah, that post by Fady is off. I also don't get this accusation of cheating when no decision ever goes in United's way at Anfield in the past.

Based off the performance today, Liverpool deserved to win, but as a certain Chelsea fan stated here, the game is based off goals.

Kagawa's chest assist was superb for Rafael. Just really wish Rafael would step up in his defensive abilities.

Yeah, that post by Fady is off. I also don't get this accusation of cheating when no decision ever goes in United's way at Anfield in the past.

Based off the performance today, Liverpool deserved to win, but as a certain Chelsea fan stated here, the game is based off goals.

Kagawa's chest assist was superb for Rafael. Just really wish Rafael would step up in his defensive abilities.

We'll never know who deserved what because of Halsey's incompetence

Soi-Fong

Except that it wasn't a dive, as the post game analysis showed. There was definite contact from Carrick.

Might as well have been. Nobody falls tilting their head backwards so profusely and that's what Suarez was aiming to do and did do. He's a dumbass in the first place for exaggerating it.

Garjon

Suarez dived a couple of times in the game.

The penalty incident wasn't a dive, you're right.

Well so did a lot of players, as well as the milking of almost innocuous challenges. Let's face it, unless the FA decides to punish players who dive and roll around consistently (unlikely), then it'll be a part of the game forever.

dc89

Well it was nice knowing you lot.

Wilbury says my opinion is based on 'wank'. Therefore I have to conclude I am no longer wanted.

Might as well have been. Nobody falls tilting their head backwards so profusely and that's what Suarez was aiming to do and did do. He's a dumbass in the first place for exaggerating it.

Valencia clearly massively exaggerated the contact as well. Fair to say that might as well have been a dive?

In fact, he started exaggerating the contact before Johnson was within 3 feet of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom