• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1, good result for Belgium against Croatia. Pretty bad performance though, can't blame the crowd for jeering. Serbia trashed Wales, will need to play much better to get points against them and away in Croatia and Scotland.

Because Alaba was injured.

No, because Gomez was injured
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Nope, they were talking shit about him during the Euro. The swiss look very happy with der General! Top class coach.
Yeah, the were very happy about missing the Euro.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fat Frank to the rescue

A dreadful display from him but he takes a mean spot kick.

It's not really his fault and its not like Khedira's any better.Today's game makes you appreciate Schweinsteiger a little bit more.

And Klopp for Bundestrainer! It's a win/win. ;)
Eh, a pre-/post-2010 ist not that much better, except for few select games. But better, for sure.
Yeah win/win for you, lol

Khedira was just as bad. If anything I'd like to see Schweinsteiger and Bender, but what can one do.

And I really hope Götze makes the next step so we finally have someone to replace Özil when he has one of his, increasingly frequent, off-games.

Schmelzer is on his way out again.

I thought Khedira was still a tad better. Schweinsteiger & Sven Bender (when in form), maybe.
Özil certainly needs a pause or two, I will agree with that. He also needs someone to give him competition.

Like it or not, there's no better LWB in Germany. He is great when in form even without Großkreutz, e.g. he played much better in CL than Piszczek And he can also participate in attacks, but not so much if he doesn't get the backing of the coach and Löw never gives him that. I bet he talked to Klopp and he advised him to just stfu and use him for a longer stretch of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom