• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This guy loves his cards.

Horrendous dive from Welbeck earlier. Add him to the list.

Wilbur

Banned
Welbeck you stupid toilet

Brilliant by Milner. No other England player could produce that after being on the field for 90 minutes.

I'll give him that. He does one thing; runs all day. Does it from the first to the last minute.

Shame he has the footballing ability of a used condom.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What PL game was it last season when Welbeck dived for a pen? Chelsea away?

lol Woy ranting at the ref

dc89

Welbeck you stupid toilet

I'll give him that. He does one thing; runs all day. Does it from the first to the last minute.

Shame he has the footballing ability of a used condom.

Henry Winter did a write up on Milner the other day. Said Milner allows the other players to try and shine.

He really was waxing lyrical.

rodvik

I'd even go as far as to say I actively don't want us to win anything at the minute. We play shit football and I don't think anyone in that squad deserves it. Always feels like players just put in 50% effort compared with their clubs.

Well international football is a lower level than club football, I dont blame players for not trying at all. Who cares? Just dont get injured and make sure you can get back to real football the week after.

fuenf

I thought Khedira was still a tad better. Schweinsteiger & Sven Bender (when in form), maybe.
Özil certainly needs a pause or two, I will agree with that. He also needs someone to give him competition.

I think a midfield like this could be really interesting :

-Reus - Kroos - Götze--
---Schweini - Bender---

I mean you'll lose them creativity by replacing Özil with Kroos but Reus and Götze on the wings should more than make up for that. Kroos is a better defender than Özil too, he's just not a defensive midfielder. And like i said before, i've never been a fan of Khedira. Just dont like his style, he can be awesome but most of the time he'll provide nothing special.

It wouldnt really matter who plays striker with that midfield, but Müller would be an interesting option.

Arnie

Henry Winter did a write up on Milner the other day. Said Milner allows the other players to try and shine.

And what?

Just because he has both the stamina and finesse of a truck doesn't mean he should start for England. Who's Spain's workhorse that allows other people to play? Barcelona too? Madrid? Bayern?

It's a fucking fallacy if you think teams require a technically shit but utterly tireless runner in order to 'shine'.

Wilbur

Banned

It's not as if Milner is aware that's his job. It just happens to be he has less ability than everyone else so when he's seen to be the one still chasing the ball at the end of a match - admirable though it is - some people mistake that for more than just endeavour. I don't think he necessarily covers a full back very well but because he isn't all attacking and bells and whistles people mistake it for doing a defensive job.

Robben last minute injury during warming up, his substitute scores twice and has an assist.

i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png

And a RVP injury was bound to happen, but dear lord, so many injuries in the Dutch NT. Fucking international matches at the start of the season

It therefore beggars belief that our workhorse is playing in a position the requires creativity and skill. Grits my fucking shit in fact.

Gambit

I think a midfield like this could be really interesting :

-Reus - Kroos - Götze--
---Schweini - Bender---

I mean you'll lose them creativity by replacing Özil with Kroos but Reus and Götze on the wings should more than make up for that. Kroos is a better defender than Özil too, he's just not a defensive midfielder. And like i said before, i've never been a fan of Khedira. Just dont like his style, he can be awesome but most of the time he'll provide nothing special.

It wouldnt really matter who plays striker with that midfield, but Müller would be an interesting option.

Funnily enough I would have suggested Müller as striker as well. In fact, that might be a good future role for him in general.

Anyway, I agree about Khedira. I don't think he contributes much, but I really like his attitude. But I fear that's not enough.

Edit: Also if Gomez had played like Klose today, the moaning and groaning would be deafening.

elsk

Banned
Robben last minute injury during warming up, his substitute scores twice and has an assist.

[imfg]http://i.minus.com/i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png[/img]

And a RVP injury was bound to happen, but dear lord, so many injuries in the Dutch NT. Fucking international matches at the start of the season

Who is his substitute?

When Kuyt played oin the right, he played the way Milner should be playing. He actually covered the fullback, he took up good positions, he popped up for the odd goal and he found space to at least attempt a useful cross. Tchnically, he was poor. The ball bounced off him, passes went stray, crosses were twatted into the stands. But he played with his head, as well as making use of his ridiculous stamina and workrate. Milner doesn't even do that. He just wanders around for 90 minutes, and happens to wander around at the same pace in the last minute as he does in the first

Wilbur

Banned
When Kuyt played oin the right, he played the way Milner should be playing. He actually covered the fullback, he took up good positions, he popped up for the odd goal and he found space to at least attempt a useful cross. Tchnically, he was poor. The ball bounced off him, passes went stray, crosses were twatted into the stands. But he played with his head, as well as making use of his ridiculous stamina and workrate. Milner doesn't even do that. He just wanders around for 90 minutes, and happens to wander around at the same pace in the last minute as he does in the first

no no he is the essential cog in the machine that is the england national squad. without him cleverley would not have even been in a position to miss those chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom