• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eerr..

team loses League Cup match
dude posts a gif of team winning Premier League

Why shouldn't he? Its irrelevant to the League Cup exit, but its a decent comback to people taking the pis out of City and Mancini in general, and it reminds people that City were better than their team when it really mattered.

Hixx

Fucking Cattermole
LLShC.gif

Gambit

yay, I am a Bayern supporter in the OT

Also, did anyone notice that it says Baryern on the team logo banner in the OT.

Clegg

City have now gone four games on the bounce without a win.

They have conceded 17 goals in their first 8 games, compared to 13 in their first 8 from last season.

It just feels cheap, it's irrelevant to today's events and that's it.

Every football fan does it,the only difference is that dc did it in gif form. Unless you're telling me you've never had other fans taking the piss for a loss, and you've responded by reminding them of past glories. In which case, you're one in a million

dc89

The bullying of DC by the man children in this thread is a FUCKING DISGRACE

Insert Drogba GIF here.

Did dc even care about the league cup?

I never like to see City lose! But at least it's not the league.

Just seen Kolarov's free kick. Wonderful stuff.

Guys, chill out :lol. I don't think anyone bullies me, sure people like to shoot me down (a gobby City fan / pr hound) but I don't class it as bullying.

It just feels cheap, it's irrelevant to today's events and that's it.

Bullying, really? Dude always asks for it, to be honest.

I havent seen DC behave any differently to most here. What I do often see is several people having a pop at him, often, undeservedly IMHO.

rodvik

I cant even remember the last time we scored 4 goals, let alone against the champions at home.

Lambert seems determined to kill me by heart attack this season. lose 4-1 to Southampton, couple of days later beat the Champions 4-2.

Awesome.

Also, dc and co, I really wouldnt worry, mancini didnt emphasis this competition i doubt he will lose much sleep over being out.

Lightning

Banned
We've still been more horrible. :(
It's glossed over because you guys are still getting the results. By hook or crook.

When/if the results stop then United will come in for some shit.

I think DC's great. And I don't even like City. Some of his banter is really funny, even when he's pouring salt on our "no trophies for 7 seasons" wound. lol

jtb

Banned
Surprised Mancini sent out such a strong side (and that they still lost, I guess). For a side with as many doomed youth prospects that will never get a chance as City, you'd think it'd be a pretty good opportunity to get them some minutes at least.

K1LLER7

I can't wait for Powell and Henriquez to make a mockery out of Newcastle's big guns tomorrow and only lose 1-0.
:lol

This game doesn't have the build-up it deserves. We could see two of the biggest forces in the game. Bebe vs Obertan. Who'll come out on top.

Soi-Fong

I cant even remember the last time we scored 4 goals, let alone against the champions at home.

Lambert seems determined to kill me by heart attack this season. lose 4-1 to Southampton, couple of days later beat the Champions 4-2.

Awesome.

Also, dc and co, I really wouldnt worry, mancini didnt emphasis this competition i doubt he will lose much sleep over being out.

I kinda wish United will also opt out of this competition. Don't really think Fergie cares about it too much and I don't want to risk any more of our players, especially our defenders to a crappy league cup.

Save the big guns for the Premiership, CL and the FA Cup.

Arnie

Surprised Mancini sent out such a strong side (and that they still lost, I guess). For a side with as many doomed youth prospects that will never get a chance as City, you'd think it'd be a pretty good opportunity to get them some minutes at least.

Must be mind numbing being a youth product at City. Only a matter of time before Dennis Suarez flees. Could join his mate Suso and get games.

What does GAF think about Mancini?
Good manager, clearly. Not elite. Don't profess to have followed his career in it's entirety but from what I'm told he's consistently struggled in Europe, which just isn't acceptable for a top, top manager.

I kinda wish United will also opt out of this competition. Don't really think Fergie cares about it too much and I don't want to risk any more of our players, especially our defenders to a crappy league cup.

Yet its a competition you took seriously enough to get to the semis last year, and have a generally great record in. Obviously its the least important of the 4 for you (perhaps level with EL for me) but its a decent competition.

Must be mind numbing being a youth product at City. Only a matter of time before Dennis Suarez flees. Could join his mate Suso and get games.

at Valencia :x

Soi-Fong

What does GAF think about Mancini? I don't particularly rate him highly but then again his record's quite good, it's a weird one.

Agree with this.

With the finances he has access to as well as the players at his disposal, he should be kicking the premiership in the butt, but the fact is he isn't.

I'd say he's ok, but no way in the tier of Ferguson, Mourinho, Wengers, etc

Lightning

Banned

I don't see it that way. I'll be pissed off and frustrated as hell if we don't win tomorrow.

3Sixty

Followed my tip earlier? Yea I'm bummed by that too :( Hate it when one team just collapses so early

Not exactly I don't think.

I had Hearts, Southampton, Swansea, Sunderland, Swindon and Bradford.

Edit: WTF 365 paid out? They won after extra time though? Must be a mistake. Time to withdraw.

With the finances he has access to as well as the players at his disposal, he should be kicking the premiership in the butt, but the fact is he isn't.

I'd say he's ok, but no way in the tier of Ferguson, Mourinho, Wengers, etc

Agree with that. Absolutely terrible European record as well

Wes

venison crêpe
143px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

OHHHHH MYYYYY FUUUCCCKIIINNNGGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom