• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else baffled by Brian Blessed's popularity?

What's not to like?

Brian+Blessed.jpg

Who do we think are the top few goalkeepers ever to play in the premier league?

Schmiechel has to be number one and I imagine Seamen would be up there but I genuinely can't think of many better than Brad Friedel during his spell at Ewood and even in the last few years.

For me it would be in no particular order

Schmiechel
Friedel
Seamen
Van Der Sar
??? I imagine a few will say Hart but we all know my views on him lol

Grobelar would be up there but can't remember if he was on the decline in 91 or not

Alan Fettis is the worst of this there is no doubt

elsk

Banned
Wow, Ze Roberto is still playing and now in the brazilian league :O

One of the best midfielders I've seen in my life.

Clegg

Cech was brilliant during his first few seasons at Chelsea. He hasn't been as good in recent years but he's still been decent.

But apart from that you've pretty much covered the best keepers.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
He's the german version of... man, I don't even know another player as shit as him :eek:

No wonder, i put him up for 1000 coins lol. I guess I'm like the people on craigslist that put their vita up with BRAND NEW PLAYSTATION VITA SLIGHTLY USED ONLY $250

Salvadora

Can't believe the goalkeeping options Arsenal have. I'd sacrifice them all at the fountain of youth for David Seaman, reincarnated as a young man.

Having said all of that I witnessed first hand what I believe to be one of the greatest goalkeeping performances of the modern game

VE Day 1995, penultimate game of the season and Newcastle came to Ewood, we won 1-0 from a shearer header but Tim Flowers was absolutely unbeatable that day and gave one of the best post match interviews I've ever seen.

AA - is brads footballing school still open there? Such a shame he opened a not for profit thing to help kids and nearly lost all his money in the process

Clegg

Fabien Barthez was a pretty decent keeper.

Very prone to absolutely ridiculous howlers though. He was so erratic that he needed to be sold. You never knew which one would show up. The genius or the gobshite.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Why must everyone play 4-3-3? Seriously, that formation sucks

--Courtois is a fucking beast. Shaky at first but he is like a million times better than victor valdes. Not hard to do but Teebo is boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom