• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Shirokov was born in Dedovsk, about 40 kilometres west of Moscow, and was part of the CSKA Moscow youth academy when the first incident of his action-packed career happened. He had been loaned out to Torpedo-ZIL but one day he went to a barbecue with his friends – and did not return for two months.

Later, in an attempt to cover his ill-discipline he made up the story about breaking a leg. When the truth was discovered, Shirokov was sent back to the army club – to actually serve in the army rather than play football. He was still training with the reserves but his main duties included digging trenches and painting walls in red and blue, CSKA's club colours.

The experience did not change him. When he was playing for non-league Istra, a team from a small town outside Moscow, not far from his native Dedovsk, he stayed out late drinking and gambling.

--In 2006, at Rubin Kazan, Kurban Berdyev had just started to build the side that would win back-to-back Russian titles and beat Barcelona at the Camp Nou in the Champions League. Berdyev, who always carried his praying beads with him, is often portrayed as a coaching shaman in the Russian press but Shirokov, naturally, was less than impressed. Shirokov said: "The only god he recognises is Mr Franklin from the hundred dollar note."

Damn, this dude is a rock star. I love him already! I actually have joey barton on my UT. Time for another star on Periqueros FC

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Just need Busquets to form the ultimate cunt midfield triangle.

Yeah biscuits is relatively cheap, only like 6k coins. Searching thru the russian gold players right now. Damn, Dzagoev is only 350 coins.

My whole midfield is Colombian:

Aguilar - Guarin - Cuadrado

I have every Colombian player on the NT except for fucking Falcao who is ridiculously priced at 60k

--We call cocaine perico which is scrambled eggs. Periquero is a cokehead lol

BOOM:

Roman-Shirokov-120215-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

He's mine for a cool 350 coins. He is listed as a CM which is perfect for my 4-3-3

If it's anything like Fifa 12 then all the Russian players should be really cheap. You could probably get the national team starting 11 for under 5k. Except for Akinfeev, he'd cost you as much as the rest of them combined.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
If it's anything like Fifa 12 then all the Russian players should be really cheap. You could probably get the national team starting 11 for under 5k.

Yeah. I got most of the Colombian players when I got the game so I didn't spend much. Pablo Armero (udinese) has gone up to around 4k already. James is still cheap because only the EPL stars, Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Madrid players are high. It is quite funny how some of these awesome players are so cheap. Problem is, the people with all the coins are only buying and selling the RVPs, Iniesta, Pirlo, Hummels, Reus, etc

Put the russian dude in for cuadrado and it only lowered my chem from 88 to 86. Honestly I barely play anymore I just build my squads lol

Slizz said:
Grade A perico!

Hell to the fuck yeah son!

I'm too old for that shit tho :(

BOOM:

Roman-Shirokov-120215-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

He's mine for a cool 350 coins. He is listed as a CM which is perfect for my 4-3-3

r_shirokov_2.jpg

Whenever I play Fifa I always just fuck around too. Me and my brother like to play games where all our players are out of position. Nothing is more rewarding than styling and scoring on him with the reserve keeper playing striker.

Pro tip: 90+ pace player playing keeper + manual goalie control = beast

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yep FIFA is amazing just fucking around, it is probably the only game I still actually enjoy playing.

My Peruvian friend and I will play 1 star teams against each other and it's so hard to score lol.

We also play Barca - Madrid (he's a madrid fan) for like hours too. Offline FIFA is so perfect.

Lag sucks even if it's minimal

----Back in the lead for wall of shame haha. But, I've been on UT auctions for 4 hours straight 0_0. It's almost like those stupid facebook games chicks play

-----Some dude just put up a 1,000,000 bid for Messi. I wonder how much he spent in packs to come up with that lol

Messi

I hate you walking dead EP 3. Holy fuck, you guys fucking suck.

it's totally my game of the year so far, buying EP 4 tomorrow for some whittaness.

epically hard choices and gut punches in EP 3. I said out loud at my tv tonight "Oh you are a real cunt"

love it, love telltale and hope there is a second season

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn son stop posting that shit it is bound to get spoilered. I've had it on my hdd for like 3 weeks! Some dudes in the NFL thread were telling me it is nuts too. I guess I'll have to power thru it tonight before one of you cunts ruins it for me. Ep 2 was fucked up enough lol

Messi

Damn son stop posting that shit it is bound to get spoilered. I've had it on my hdd for like 3 weeks! Some dudes in the NFL thread were telling me it is nuts too. I guess I'll have to power thru it tonight before one of you cunts ruins it for me. Ep 2 was fucked up enough lol

Not real spoilers, nothing specific. Also they are spoilerd for a reason. Don't click them .

Also 2 has nothing on 3

Slizz

Damn, going through my gif folder..... Olympic sports need to be more relevant, rather track and field needs to be more relevant specifically Australian.

ibhLJr05zF5Ic8.gif

iySYZlphYeDuT.gif

Walking Dead is my GOTY so far too, brilliant experience. Looking forward to seeing what ep4 brings.

Messi, asked Whitta on Twitter (lol, that rhymes!) and he said there will defenitely be a 2nd season :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol

They show a little bit of track on universal sports but it's not even in HD what a shame

-btw remembering the olympics the russian female beach volleyball team were HOT. the indoor us was spectacular as well. I wanted to post so bad during the olympics lol

--we're awesome at bmx but that's about it

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I was so bummed when Klishina didn't qualify for the olympics.

Why must Russia have so many good female long jumpers :(

You have much better looking women than that. She looks like a russian taylor swift. Read this on the fifa OT

FIFA 13 Title Update

This will be our first official update of FIFA 13, and will address the game issues that have had the biggest impact on our fans:

Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
(PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.

Update starting 10/10 on pc and xbox/ps3 this weekend I think

Napoli authentic kits Yurt! Yes!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yes, I hated that.

Also wooooo, Napoli. No Camp Nou though :(

Yeah the pitch looks the same but the stadium looks like shit. For my ultimate team I have the Vicente Calderon (Atletico Madrid)

I want Porto's Stadio Do Dragao because it sounds fucking awesome but I havnt seen it yet

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Bought Cavani for Liverpool in my season and man he is a beast.

Just dropped 2100 coins on Montolivo. It is actually cheaper to sell the same player in their old formation and then rebuy them as being a 4-3-3 formation player. Some dude in the fifa thread recommended this to me and my chemistry is now 93. I wish I could post my team but that takes too much work here it is in text lol:

James - Jackson - Palacio

Aguilar - Montolivo - Guarin

Armero - Bonera - Leandro Castan - Zabaleta

------------------Storari-------------------------

Not bad. I've been doing this shit for (no lie) 5 hours on the computer. I only have 3000 coins left lol. I am the 3 sixty of Ultimate Team auctions

-no offense bro <3

Salazar said:
Like putting a lion's head on a duckling's body.

LOL

---HAHA I just noticed WoodenLung has Ramon as one of those avatars lmao

Messi

Like putting a lion's head on a duckling's body.

Oh he is clearly better than everyone else on that team. He has 15 goals so far to Suarezs 5. Benched Suarez to try out Carroll with Cavani. Carroll got a hat trick and 2 assists for Cavani. Might be the end of the road for Suarez and Liverpool.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Junior Lacayo, some randome kid from CD Victoria. People saying he's the new Tyson, Atlético de Madrid scouting him, etc. Sounds too good to be true, actually.

Well it seems you guys are getting much better than all the other central american countries. We've had a bit of an explosion the last few years too. Probably the kids that grew up watching valderrama, tino, tren, loco, etc

-I was happy you guys beat Spain in the Olympics. I had a good laugh

Espinoza getting sent off against Brasil was shameful. Yall got uefalona'd

--actually iirc it was the moreno that got sent off and then espinoza

elsk

Banned
Well it seems you guys are getting much better than all the other central american countries. We've had a bit of an explosion the last few years too. Probably the kids that grew up watching valderrama, tino, tren, loco, etc

HAha yes, Crisanto. What an idiot but he's quite talented. Espinoza is amazing (and injured right now!)

No really, we had much more talents a few years ago. But the country is becoming poorer and shittier, so we have less amount of quality players now. A few years ago we had: David Suazo (Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2006) Carlos Pavón, Amado Guevara, Dani Turcios, Edgard Álvarez (Serie A), Maynor Figueroa (EPL), Ramón Nuñez (Championship), Hendry Thomas (EPL), etc.

pulga

Banned

Lol no. Estamos comiendo mierda, nuestra generacion de oro ya vino y se fue :(

Junior Lacayo, some randome kid from CD Victoria. People saying he's the new Tyson, Atlético de Madrid scouting him, etc. Sounds too good to be true, actually.

Never heard of him. But he better not get any ideas in such a crucial much. Then again, our strikers are shit so whatever.

pulga

Banned
Oh my god you weren't kidding when you said new Tyson. The kid is tiny! Are we the only country in the world with miniscule black and talented players?

elsk

Banned
Oh my god you weren't kidding when you said new Tyson. The kid is tiny! Are we the only country in the world with miniscule black and talented players?

Only us and Africa. Notice the society similarities.

edit: looks like he also manages his family pulperia

And this is how he learned to play:

I'm sure he can play 100 times better with those chancletas than how I play with the newest Adidas boots. He has some fucking legs for his age, fuck.

elsk

Banned
How is Schürrle only a 79 on Fifa? pff.

The german guys in the review section of FIFA are very professional. Unlike the rest of reviewers. Actually, the team in charge of collecting all the data is located in Koln so you can expect the german ratings to be very close to reality.

Ugh, stupid Canadian television. They're showing Finland-Georgia on Friday instead of Russia-Portugal. Now I'm fully aboard the Honduras bandwagon for that match next week. Screw you, Canada.

Fry

The german guys in the review section of FIFA are very professional. Unlike the rest of reviewers. Actually, the team in charge of collecting all the data is located in Koln so you can expect the german ratings to be very close to reality.

Yeah, I agree with most of the ratings, minus Schweinsteiger and Schürrle's.

Schweine was a 87 on the previous Fifa, he got one rating down. I know he had a dip on form, but it was clearly due to injuries. He's been flying again this season.

Andre should be 80/81.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom