• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

We've basically built a team around technique, and it looks lovely.

We just need to be more devastating going forwards. We're 2 nil up but Suso's been more of a hole player, and Sterling's struggled to penetrate. Want to see Assaidi soon, think he could do some real damage and help wrestle our goal difference back.

Suso and Sahin are silk.

Suso's first touch is perhaps the best I've seen in a Liverpool player since 2006. Not even exaggerating
Completely agree, it's unbelievable.

The ball just sticks to his feet.

GorillaJu

What's your team called?

Mirallas looks like a pretty good player. Didn't expect it at all.

He's similar to Jelavic, not in their playing style, but that I thought they were both really risky buys. I mean Mirallas is fast enough to put any defender on their ass, but from what I've seen of him he bottles it in front of goal. Not so, in a blue shirt.

Haha thanks.

Alot of it is luck tbh. But I picked Jelavic because of Everton's form and coming fixtures which are quite easy. Making him captain...well...there are a few good candidates this week, I just plumped with Jelavic cos Southampton have a shocking defensive record.

Great call. :)

Would have never done it though, seemed pretty risky since Jelavic hadn't scored much so far. I got two Everton players in too but picked the wrong ones (Baines and Pienaar). I'm spending 8-12 points every week now to improve my squad but must be too reactive and not pro-active enough or something, it's not been paying off so far.

So, Suarez

1 good finish
1 great finish which came about from sniffing around like a terrier
Should have had an assist
Won a blatant penalty
Missed an easy one-on-one
Got clattered in the back of the head
Clattered one of them 1 second after coming back on
Nutmegged someone

Yep, that's our Luis alright

GorillaJu

Great call. :)

Would have never done it though, seemed pretty risky since Jelavic hadn't scored much so far. I got two Everton players in too but picked the wrong ones (Baines and Pienaar). I'm spending 8-12 points every week now to improve my squad but must be too reactive and not pro-active enough or something, it's not been paying off so far.

If you spend 8-12 points on players, you'd better be making sure that they're either guaranteed returns, or players that are shooting up in value and you can't afford to miss out on.

I learned last year not to spend so many points on transfers. I spent like 30 points on transfers and ended up 10 points from the top spot in my IRL buddy league.

So, Suarez

1 good finish
1 great finish which came about from sniffing around like a terrier
Should have had an assist
Won a blatant penalty
Missed an easy one-on-one
Got clattered in the back of the head
Clattered one of them 1 second after coming back on
Nutmegged someone

Yep, that's our Luis alright

Hahahah so true.

We just need to be more devastating going forwards. We're 2 nil up but Suso's been more of a hole player, and Sterling's struggled to penetrate. Want to see Assaidi soon, think he could do some real damage and help wrestle our goal difference back.

Those balls were coming in between his knee-height and shin height, from a height of about 8 metres. Every time, he's stopped it dead. Absurd

PaulLFC

untitled-3v7jno.gif

Mike Jones: "No penalty."

Pathetic.

flyover

Suso and Sahin are silk.

Suso's first touch is perhaps the best I've seen in a Liverpool player since 2006. Not even exaggerating

He needs to be signed to a long-term deal ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become the team's best player in a couple years. (Or of course he could flame out, but I have a hard time seeing that happen.)

GorillaJu

8 more years of Pardew.

:|

:|

Still another half of football, bud. Reading have a tendency to fall apart late on.

Like we do. :(

He needs to be signed to a long-term deal ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become the team's best player in a couple years. (Or of course he could flame out, but I have a hard time seeing that happen.)

I'm not worried. He'll sign on. He wanted to come to Liverpool, he's getting STARTED, having never had more than 5-10 minutes in a senior shirt for us with Kenny or Roy.

operon

The young players are picking up the system quick. Carragher said something in the first episode of Being Liverpool that piqued my interest. As a player in the time of career he is in (hopefully the end of it) he won't be able to change the way he plays, but will pick up a few things. The young players are easier to adapt and are looking to really show they can do it.

flyover

The young players are picking up the system quick. Carragher said something in the first episode of Being Liverpool that piqued my interest. As a player in the time of career he is in (hopefully the end of it) he won't be able to change the way he plays, but will pick up a few things. The young players are easier to adapt and are looking to really show they can do it.

I liked that a lot. He seemed very self-aware and analytical. Looks like he's already thinking of a future in managing.

Arnie

Aye, it's wonderful. There was also that interview with Suso on .tv when he joined up for pre-season training where he flat out said his game is perfectly suited to Rodgers, and that's how he wants to play football.

Wisdom's been solid defensively but lacking offensively, which is only natural. Kind of how Kelly wasn't really grasping the offensive positioning against WBA, but looked really solid against City.

If you spend 8-12 points on players, you'd better be making sure that they're either guaranteed returns, or players that are shooting up in value and you can't afford to miss out on.

I learned last year not to spend so many points on transfers. I spent like 30 points on transfers and ended up 10 points from the top spot in my IRL buddy league.

Makes sense. It's my first complete FF season so still trying to figure out the proper balance, played it a bit at the end of last season but didnt' dare to spend any extra point on transfers and ended up with an "outdated" team.

Been trying a riskier approach this season, wanted to jump on that Everton bandwagon before it derailed. I think my first mistake was loading up on Reading and Chelsea players at the start of the season since they had two games in one gameweek, took a while to get rid of them. And also my blind faith in certain players like Suarez. =p

Great stuff from Suarez again, the jinx has been lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom