• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Wilbur

Banned
Absolutely. It's a legitimate protest on one of the central footballing issues of our day.

"Get in line son" He's a man not child.

He's an employee of the club. At work, do you continually shit in pint glasses because you can't be fucked to go to the toilet like you do at home? Nope.

I don't understand what the Kick It Out charity have done wrong, they're not in charge of the courts and FA.

Soi-Fong

Like a team which relies on two pretty special players.

We were okay I guess. But we're just very prone. It's tough to be confident about United, there isn't much certainty or conviction about us IMO.

Yup defense is so shaky you know it can break any minute and hell, even our attack can be crap sometimes even with Rooney and RVP.

Fry

He's an employee of the club. At work, do you continually shit in pint glasses because you can't be fucked to go to the toilet like you do at home? Nope.

I don't understand what the Kick It Out charity have done wrong, they're not in charge of the courts and FA.

Not going to make a mega-post?

I was kind of hoping to discuss about Ibra with you!

faridmon

Chelsea is on fire. Just seen the highlights, and man, they are getting better and better with each subsequent game. It’s too early to deem them a serious champion contender since they do have a knack for imploding during mid-season. Anyway, glad to see Mata back again as a serious contender for the player of the year. It’s him or Rooney for the player of the month, I reckon.

Dortmund losing is shock. I wasn't particularly surprised to see them losing against Hamburg, since they are up and coming team of the season, but Shalcke are shite. Losing against them while you are home is a troublesome matter. Me thinks that the depth is not there for Dortmund. They did have couple of player out (Like Gondugen and Gotze) but they should have strengthened that bench with more versatile players who can play in numerous positions.
Also, I think they should have gotten another player or two instead Reus *ducks for cover*

Also, Saturdays sucks without Everton.

GorillaJu

Oh Cuntbury is back? WB

Indeed Wilshere looks a bit scrawny. Must be that heroine mixing in with the oxycontin, bath salts and meth.

K1LLER7

Like a team which relies on two pretty special players.

We were okay I guess. But we're just very prone. It's tough to be confident about United, there isn't much certainty or conviction about us IMO.

hate that fergie keeps changing tactics. Especially when we played so much better with a 3 man midfield.

think it'll be back to the 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 next game in the CL. Hope he stickes with it against chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers lads. As I feared. Like I said to you on Twitter Viva, I haven't felt good about the club since the 5-0 at Bolton last year when Clev got injured. Over a year of shite.

Welcunt back <3

Where's your Fady-based post?

Fuck me, I'd be here all day. Highlights were doicare, the utter shite about the Bayern thread title, and hot Suso being used in more avatars.

On the subject of Ibra, we discussing that award he won?

I think he's a fantastic player. I just don't think he's the best because he bottles it in big games and a lot of goals in his most consistent season were penalties. Ability wise he's great but I just wouldn't find him reliable if I was in a final or to score goals all season.

dc, its gonna have to be like 7:30. Thought the Arsenal match was a 5pm kickoff :)

edit: In case you're lurking immy, are your set pieces normally that bad?

FuturusX

He's an employee of UTD football club not "Kick Racism out of Football"

As such is he legally bound to wear a t-shirt of a charity that is not directly connected to UTD? Is that stated in his employment contract?

He has right to choose to not wear a promotional t-shirt.

You should ask him why he doesn't want to wear it. I will not speak for him. But I'd suggest he thinks the FA and the work they do with the charity is meaningless and distraction from dealing with actual racial issues in football.

The club should respect his decision.

Clegg

On the subject of Ibra, we discussing that award he won?

I think he's a fantastic player. I just don't think he's the best because he bottles it in big games and a lot of goals in his most consistent season were penalties. Ability wise he's great but I just wouldn't find him reliable if I was in a final or to score goals all season.
<3 <3

Btw rumours are coming from Spain saying that De Gea is unhappy at United and wants to leave. Apparently he doesn't like the fact that he's been dropped quite a bit. Now I'd sort of believe this story except for the next part.

They're saying he wants to go to Madrid. Where the best keeper in the world plays.

dc89

Just talking to Brian Marwood driving out of the Hawthorns. He was slagging Clattenburg bigtime!
@fanzonedanny

He works for City. Good to see #BasedMarwood making his voice heard. I also think I'll drop him a email on Sunday, I will suggest he emails both Milan teams and tell them Balotelli is up for sale, the ensuing fight over him will be great and I could really go to town with the PR if we sign Jovetic or Falcao as his replacement. He'll buy in to my vision for sure.

Wilbur

Banned

As such is he legally bound to wear a t-shirt of a charity that is not directly connected to UTD? Is that stated in his employment contract?

You should ask him why he doesn't want to wear it. I will not speak for him. But I'd suggest he thinks the FA and the work they do with the charity is meaningless and distraction from dealing with actual racial issues in football.

If he's asked by his boss to wear it, then he should. There's very few times to act like a cocky bastard who thinks he's above the club. Don't think this was one of them.

GorillaJu

I agree 100% in principal, but the problem arises when you read what Mr Ferguson said in the pre-match press conference this last week. He was in full support of the KIO campaign and said the whole team will be wearing the t-shirts, the Stoke player who refuses to is in the wrong, etc.

He comes off looking poor, which is why he's angry.

Scum

<3 <3

Btw rumours are coming from Spain saying that De Gea is unhappy at United and wants to leave. Apparently he doesn't like the fact that he's been dropped quite a bit. Now I'd sort of believe this story except for the next part.

They're saying he wants to go to Madrid. Where the best keeper in the world plays.

lol

Soi-Fong

<3 <3

Of course, he'll want to fuck off to Madrid...

Fergie is being foolish. Stick with one keeper...

dc89

<3 <3

Real Madrid bought Hart? News to me.

What Roberts and Ferdinand did can only be productive for me. I mean, what exactly do the t-shirts achieve? They remind people that racism still exists, and there's an organisation tasked with combating it. That's about it as far as I can tell. Refusing to wear the shirt though could actually lead to some improvement, as they are forced to look inward and see where they're going wrong, and what they've done to gain the ire of a few black footballers. Only then can they improve, and with that improvement we should see a decline in incidents like the Suarez and Terry ones, and a much needed improvement in the way the consequences are decided and handled

kharma45

<3 <3

If it's true he'd need to fuck up, he's 21 for Christ's sake!

elsk

Banned
Even Rafinha scored today, amazing.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom