• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

That white Bayern kit did turn out to look pretty good. I definitely hated it at first. Those Barcelona kits are still ugly.

Did you hear that?! Barcelona has ugly kits and they suck!!!

Am I doing it right?

Messi

That white Bayern kit did turn out to look pretty good. I definitely hated it at first. Those Barcelona kits are still ugly.

Did you hear that?! Barcelona has ugly kits and they suck!!!

Am I doing it right?

UwJjx.gif

K1LLER7

Uniteds new Brazilian Striker (when he turns 18): Bruno Gomes

We talked to Bruno Gomes, Desportivo Brasil’s player who is being tested in Manchester United. The 16 year old striker, who is having his first contact with the club, has already good marks and was a authentic goal scorer wherever he played: top scorer for Palmeiras in the Paulista U-13, for São Carlos in Paulista Interclubes U-15 and in Copa Brasil Vorotantim (also U-15) for Corinthians. At DB, he has just been the top scorer of Paulista U-17 Paulista with 19 goals.

Bruno spoke about his arrival at MUFC, his first contact with the squad and what he aims in the club. Check it out:

How was your first meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson?

It was nice. He is a myth in Manchester, where everybody respects him and to be close to him was great. In fact, he only asked about my position and if I spoke English. Then he talked with the club representative who led me to Manchester.

Have you had any contact with the squad?

Here we have breakfast and lunch along with thefirst team players. We also train in the same place, in separate fields, but we watch their training sessions from some distance. It was great to be at the same table as Giggs or Rooney, isn’t it? You can imagine how I felt!

What did you think of Manchester? And about Carrington?

The city is good, it has everything we need, looks a bit like São Paulo but in a smaller size. The Training Center is incredibly monstrous with wonderful fields, all perfect, giant gym, cafeteria for everyone. It is really big, fair to the extent of Manchester United.

How does it feel to move from a small Brazilian club straight to Manchester United?

Good, because when I left Corinthians I was already aware that the project was about going to United when I turned 18.

How was your first practice? Did you feel the any difference in the game mode?

The Manchester training sessions are very similar to the Desportivo Brasil ones, because the DB coaches do internships with us in Manchester due to the partnership, and also because the United’s representative workouts in Brazil giving us trainings from time to time.

On twitter, many fans already gave you welcome. Does that give you more confidence on your arrival at MUFC?

It is wonderful. I really wanted to be able to wear the Reds kit now! It’s great to see what the club means wordwide, I’m really happy. I hope to really be a United player soon, officially.

What are your goals in the club?

My goals are to be top scorer in the league, being the first Brazilian to do so, mainly to be English champion and to win the Champions League. This is my dream, hearing the crowd singing “Champeone, champeone, ole ole ole!”

Looking forward to seeing how he turns out :D

Clegg

Manchester United's owners the Glazer family have never denied Sir Alex Ferguson transfer funds, says vice-chairman Ed Woodward

Exerpts:

Manchester United did not miss out on signing the Brazilian midfielder Lucas Moura because of a lack of transfer funds and the Glazer family have never denied Sir Alex Ferguson the resources to sign a player, the club’s vice-chairman Ed Woodward said today.

Woodward said: “The Glazers have never said ‘No’ to Sir Alex’s request for a player. There is no difference between staying as a plc [the corporate structure of the club pre-May 2005] or the Glazer takeover in terms of the team on the pitch.”

“The purchase of Robin van Persie was an example of Sir Alex buying players and always being allowed to buy players he wants.

“There was no secret about bidding for Lucas and three years ago trying to buy [Karim] Benzema. The money has always been made available to him. That is the disconnect [with the supporters]. There is a thought that if ‘X money’ has gone out the door - ignoring the extra money that has come in [through increased commercial revenues] which you should argue should be counted – it would have been spent on players. But it wouldn’t.”

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't like the tones of yours

Don't listen to them Bakemonogatari and SHAFT are awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/VgYk6.gif
Why are you even pimping Bakemonogatari when the best SHAFT show is still Soredemo?

AnimeFootyGaf, what do you think of Psycho-Pass so far?
Great first two episodes, but the amount of infodumping is grating. Not that such fact is surprising considering Gen Urobuchi (Saya no Uta, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) is doing writing accolades.

Clegg

Ravel Morrison had another good game this evening.

Apparently been awarded MoTM twice in his last four games.

Has the penny finally dropped for him?

choodi

Banned
Good job barcagaf... i'm off this thread. I request 1 month ban if I post back within next month(I would put more time but I may forget down the road)

Ok I'll take my ban but... could you tell me WHERE i said anything about anti football? please enlight me.

If anything I think celtic played really well defense even if I don't like it and deserved the draw, and we played MEH

But I'm calling you out for lying to cover your ass

better than a liar. OkthanxBye

funny you can't back up your claim

I have made my own troll comments but, I don't do it every single match day like others. Some dude says I don't post as much, with so much hate going on in this thread the best I can do is to post as little as possible. But we are reaching new limits I believe and I don't want to be a part of it.

And I stand by my word, I dislike that kind of football. But I didn't say a word about it today, or yesterday, or in the past 2 weelks, yet you call me like I did. I'm sorry but you started bashing because you wanted, not because many people said a thing. Now you man up

Mumei, care to do us all a favour and take this guy up on his offer of a month ban?

Clegg

The 2004-2005 version was the best away jersey. I don't know why they haven't used a similar design more often.

It's sexy as fuck.

2004-2005%20fc%20barcelona%20away.jpg

Top Bottom