• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hoilett you greedy fuck.

It took Granero an age to be booked against Spurs. Must have had 8 fouls in that game.

Arnie

Just bought a pair of Warrior LFC sweat pants off Kitbag and it comes with a free Liverpool towel. I'm in heaven right now.

Slizz

Just bought a pair of Warrior LFC sweat pants off Kitbag and it comes with a free Liverpool towel. I'm in heaven right now.

Love the free stuff Kitbag throws in with your order. Got a yellow Umbro ball and shipping for free on the last kit I ordered from them.

Considering he's competing admirably for a position alongside Nuri Sahin at the age of 20, I'd say your pessimism is anchored by your club allegiance, rather than common sense.

Yet Shelvey's put in a top performance as a holding midfielder against City, and been able to score goals and impact games as an attacking midfielder, like he did in Europe against Young Boys.

No offense, but I don't think you know what you're on about, and the Shelvey versus Cleverley arguments been dragged out enough already.

Yes, after that insurmountable, infallible and objective assessment of Shelvey's exploits this season I suppose I really don't have a leg to stand on.

I mean given that Sahin is one of the best midfielders in the world right now, given that Shelvey's play in midfield against City is every bit as good as you say it is and given that he has decimated Young Boys Bern I'm not sure how I ever questioned the scale of his ability. Good to know I'm the one affected by club allegiance here Arnie.

Or maybe he's playing reasonably well in a team that has performed poorly this season against mostly poor opposition except for Norwich, City and Young Boys Bern? Maybe he's shown signs that he might make it at a higher level but in no way has he done so in a consistent manner yet? Would that maybe present a more accurate assessment?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jack Wilshere completed all 33 passes that he attempted in the first half versus Queens Park Rangers.

F92Th.jpg

Arnie

Yes, after that insurmountable, infallible and objective assessment of Shelvey's exploits this season I suppose I really don't have a leg to stand on.

I mean given that Sahin is one of the best midfielders in the world right now, given that Shelvey's play in midfield against City is every bit as good as you say it is and given that he has decimated Young Boys Bern I'm not sure how I ever questioned the scale of his ability. Good to know I'm the one affected by club allegiance here Arnie.

Or maybe he's playing reasonably well in a team that has performed poorly this season against mostly poor opposition except for Norwich, City and Young Boys Bern? Maybe he's shown signs that he might make it at a higher level but in no way has he done so in a consistent manner yet? Would that maybe present a more accurate assessment?

My final post on this because this argument is a tired topic on football GAF.

You said Shelvey wasn't as positionally fluid as Cleverley. Digesting the facts of this season, that's bollocks.

Ross Barkley just scored a second for Wednesday. You know where this is going...

Ushojax

Ref started doing the red card shuffle but decided not to in the end.

Slizz

Commentator says that the Granero foul was on the follow through even though he got the ball first. Then Giroud gets the ball first and wipes the guy out on the follow through. Whats the difference?

This is the kind of game that Arsenal would win if they had RVP. Now I'm not so sure. They might still score a late goal, but it's nowhere near as likely.

Diablos54

Pretty boring so far, why Walcott isn't on yet I'll never know. Well, I do know, silly Wenger.

Edit: And now he's about to come on lol.

so i can finally turn of the stream in the minimized broswer window. ;)

Everkusen will obliterate you tomorrow!
(j/k)

As for a potential Gündogan transfer: we don't need to sell players, ever.
Only when players have it in their head that they absolutely need to transfer for whatever reasons only then we will sell our "stars". So you will have to convince Gündogan that he'll be better off at Arse or Utd. and I just don't see that happening for Gündogan (or Götze or Reus). The only one likely to transfer atm is Lewandowski.

Ushojax

Pretty boring so far, why Walcott isn't on yet I'll never know. Well, I do know, silly Wenger.

I'm convinced that Wenger decides on his subs before the game. He never makes a change until the 65th minute unless there is an injury.

Top Bottom