• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Tc91

City would then however, go on a run of seven straight draws.

That last victory was one of only two wins in eleven successive Premier League matches, and Hughes was sacked on 19 December 2009 and replaced by Roberto Mancini.

Draws followed in four of Fulham's next five Premiership games against Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers, Everton and West Ham United, with a solitary 2–1 home win over Wolves. This meant that at that stage – including the 7-draw streak at Manchester City before his dismissal the season before – all but two (86%) of Hughes' last fifteen Premiership games had been drawn.

He doesn't have the name Draw Master Hughes for nothing!

Sorry don't rate him as a manager.

confuziz

Banned
God bless Arteta for wandering into offside positions

I still think you and the Dutch guy are talking nonsense. Maybe because he's had a non-entity of a footballing career after retirement and is just a pundit. And pundits know nothing about football. Except G-Nev.

Of course managers matter.

Sorry, I just don't believe in them and never will. Managers don't deserve statues, players do.

What would happen to united if they didn't buy Rooney, Ronaldo and all the others? Exactly.

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry, I just don't believe in them and never will. Managers don't deserve statues, players do.

Okay. Wenger comes to Arsenal, completely changes dietary plans, tactics, buys Henry and Vieira, implements them in his chosen system with his chosen tactics and chosen training sessions.

But all the success is down to the players?

Bollocks.

still boring, tho

are you an idiot?
yes

Kyoufu

According to everyone here, everyone has bad taste. I don't know why we even discuss games. We'll never like the same stuff.

We should instead discuss which Bond movie is the best.

Diablos54

What would happen to united if they didn't buy Rooney, Ronaldo and all the others? Exactly.
And who controls those players? Who brought those players? Who put them in their positions, explains their tactics to them? Who motivates them if they go behind? This whole 'Managers don't matter' thing is plain wrong. Tell that to Chelsea. We wouldn't have won the CL with AVB in charge.

Wilbur

Banned
So ALL the gamecritics are complete retards? Gotcha

Well to be fair, you shouldn't base your opinion on game critics. Everyone thought Avatar was good when I don't think it is. Doesn't mean I'm a retard, right? That weird Dutch man who doesn't think managers matter is wrong, but he isn't a retard.

You guys should read the biography of 'Rene vd Gijp' (former international of Holland). He said something like, even Bozo the Clown could manage Barcelona and still become champions.

He doesn't believe in managers. They are just silly. It all comes down to good club management, money and talent.

Roy Evans - No discipline, great attacking, nonexistant defending, onus on youth
Gerard Houllier - Complete discipline, predictable attacking, reliance on Owen and defenders
Rafa Benitez - Rigid system, focus on the spine and defense, youth overhaul
Roy Hodgson - Stone-age tactics, completely rigid, long-balls, preference for consistent averageness
Kenny Dalglish - More freedom in attack, preference for British players
Brendan Rodgers - Disciplined freedom, bringing youth through, risk-taking defense, massive focus on possession

Its absolute nonsense to say that there's no difference between managers

L646X.jpg

Only £2.50, thankfully

confuziz

Banned
And who controls those players? Who brought those players? Who put them in their positions, explains their tactics to them? Who motivates them if they go behind? This whole 'Managers don't matter' thing is plain wrong. Tell that to Chelsea. We wouldn't have won the CL with AVB in charge.

The whole management does, not 1 man. Plus, if they didn't have the money, they wouldn't win. So money should deserve a medal here.

bud

this is such bullshit.

barcelona, for example, have had fantastic players for years, but it wasn't until pep that they played the greatest football in the history of the game. having great players certainly helps of course, but that doesn't change the fact that pep is a real hero and a real human being.

O______O what.

Boring world (looked pretty, interesting characters but mostly just miles of sand), poor combat (better than GTA's but still now fun), Annoying transport mechanic (having to hold A to stay on the optimal path for 5 minutes isn't fun).

But I understand that mine is an unpopular opinion.

confuziz

Banned
this is such bullshit.

barcelona, for example, have had fantastic players for years, but it wasn't until pep that they played the greatest football in the history of the game. having great players certainly helps of course, but that doesn't change the fact that pep is a real hero and a real human being.

Nope, it's because they got the best player in the world.

Mastadon

Banned
I think I may have just screwed myself out of £340. Betfred's website was playing up earlier, so I ended up mistakenly put 3 £10 bets the same 5 team goals galore acca. I sent an e-mail to customer services, but the bet actually won (£30 @ 16/1 x 3).

Feels bad man.

Wilbur

Banned
Nope, it's because they got the best player in the world.

Why couldn't Madrid cope and beat Barca until Mourinho came?

Why were Arsenal a 1-0 team of wankers before Wenger came?

Why did Swansea not play possession football until Martinez got there?

Why did Juventus go a whole season unbeaten when Conte took charge?

Kyoufu

I think I may have just screwed myself out of £340. Betfred's website was playing up earlier, so I ended up mistakenly put 3 £10 bets the same 5 team goals galore acca. I sent an e-mail to customer services, but the bet actually won (£30 @ 16/1 x 3).

Feels bad man.

rofl

sorry but that's funny :p

elsk

Banned
Boring world (looked pretty, interesting characters but mostly just miles of sand), poor combat (better than GTA's but still now fun), Annoying transport mechanic (having to hold A to stay on the optimal path for 5 minutes isn't fun).

But I understand that mine is an unpopular opinion.

Yes, I think it's a like it or hate it. For example I can't enjoy GTA series at all.

My top 5

1- Dead Rising
2- RDR
3- Gears of War (1)
4- Portal (1)
5- Viva Piñata

True Crime was interesting too but it gets too repetitive.

confuziz

Banned
Why couldn't Madrid cope and beat Barca until Mourinho came?

Why were Arsenal a 1-0 team of wankers before Wenger came?

Why did Swansea not play possession football until Martinez got there?

Why did Juventus go a whole season unbeaten when Conte took charge?

Because they introduced a new system and motivate some players.

Anyone can do that with a little bit of brains

Top Bottom