• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Yeah it was. I didn't know driving at speed was not a crime in Germany though, or is that only on the autobahns?
I don't know to be honest, that's what his lawyer seems to be saying. Surely it's irrelevant though as he has to abide by the laws of Spain, where it is a crime?

Wes

venison crêpe
Apparent-monkey-gesture-008.jpg

Well that guy is getting banned from The Bridge.

I think there were a lot of people coming for the first time/one off because it was cheap and Man United. I had a guy behind me try to start Munich chant which is disgraceful. Happily, the fans around me had a go at him instead of joining in.

spidye

5 hours in AssCreed 3 and still tutorials.
OMG

but at least the (minor spoiler)
naval battle
is so much fun

Scott Fleming has a perfectly decent sum up of Paul Pogba and the hype surrounding him at Juventus: http://football-italia.net/26781/potential-potency-pogba

The question now of course is what happens when Vidal and Marchisio return from suspension and injury for the Derby d'Italia clash Scudetto six pointer against Inter on Saturday, and the most likely answer is that – just as he did for the Nordsjaelland game after his blockbuster against Napoli – Pogba will drop to the bench.

Nonetheless, simply by giving Antonio Conte that dilemma, he has already achieved a lot.

Willingly leaving United at the age of 19 because you aren't getting enough opportunities in the first team shows an enormous amount of self confidence. So does believing you'll find those opportunities at the Juventus Stadium, where Vidal, Marchisio and Andrea Pirlo stand in your way. A bit like sidling up to the Holy Trinity and telling one of them to hit the showers.

But on the evidence of Pogba's display last night, that confidence is entirely justified.

The article that needs to be written about Pogba is the whole "Italian teams don't give our youngsters a shot" line which, as Pogba has shown, is bullshit.

The White Pogba (aka Marco Verratti) supposedly went to France because he wouldn't have been given the opportunity in Serie A but would in the French league. I think that says more about the quality of Ligue 1 than it does about Serie A's attitude towards youngsters. Undoubtedly the pace at which young players in Serie A get integrated is more measured, but when a player shines they are absolutely given the opportunity. The fact is that players who get to play consistently at a young age in Serie A are special: Del Piero, Totti, Baggio, Vieri, and Pato spring to mind. There are plenty of young players who received sparkling debuts and then faded away. These players either ended up on long loan spells with no immediate calls for returns, bottom side team regulars, or plain ol' rejects: your Paloschis, your Lupolis, your Aquafrescas, almost your Giovincos, and increasingly your Zarates. I think if you're a young player in Serie A and you want to break into the big team you need to force the issue with the manager's choices as Pogba has done so far. Who knows? He might start playing poorly and we won't see him as often as we have recently. But if you're unwilling to play the game of loans, co-ownerships, or adapting to a team's needs like Marrone has, then you better be consistently good.

Slizz

I'd be so much better at FIFA13 if I could play online Seasons.... I'm still good but its so frustrating having my shit freeze EVERYTIME I get to the team selection screen, frozen to the point where pressing guide doesn't work and I have to get up and turn the 360 off.

AC Milan and Malaga could be a tricky one.

True, but on the other hand Milan's defense is made up of four of the following:

Abate, De Sciglio, Antonini, Yepes, Mexes, Acerbi, Mesbah, Bonera.

Only Abate is halfway decent and thats only because he's fast. He's a shit defender. Unless something magical happens in the midfield, Milan will let in a goal or two.

Zabojnik

Don't worry, I passed the psych evaluation and background check.

The best ones always do ...

I hope the same for Iago Falque. Looked great against Norwich and IMO earned a starting place over Dempsey and Gylfi for Saturday.

Iago Falque. Now that's a blast form the (recent) past! He's been doing fine, then? Never had a real chance with us.

So, who do we start against Merda?

For me, I think:

Buffon
Barzagli----Bonucci-----Chiellini
Licht-----Pogba-------Pirlo----Vidal-----Kwandwo
-------------------Vucigol---Matri--------------

Marchisio is likely going to make it. Pogba had a very intense game yesterday, he's young and all, but I'd rather see him start against Nordsomething in CL. Up front it's probably going to be Vucinic + Giovinco, imo. Seba has yet to skip two matches in a row this season, I think.

With 9 wins and 1 draw we have achieved the best start of the season in Juve's history. It's not exactly saying much, given the current Serie A level, but still.

I'd be so much better at FIFA13 if I could play online Seasons.... I'm still good but its so frustrating having my shit freeze EVERYTIME I get to the team selection screen, frozen to the point where pressing guide doesn't work and I have to get up and turn the 360 off.

It's been this way since launch. Really surprised EA haven't fixed it. When Halo launches, I'll rarely be on FIFA anyway

Slizz

It's been this way since launch. Really surprised EA haven't fixed it. When Halo launches, I'll rarely be on FIFA anyway

The thing is I played around 3-4 online seasons on FIFA13 with no problems. Then they updated the ToS on XBL, fucked the update up because it was a 2011 update, then re-updated XBL later and now my game is fucked.

Linius

I can't even get in to matches most of the time so I'm sticking to manager mode for a while. Though I'm currently playing AC: III, wonderful game so far.

Juniors can't make threads.

I have more or less ceased playing FIFA for the time being. The bugs are really disappointing because the game is pretty great otherwise. Now I'm playing Dishonoured until Tuesday when I can pick up Halo 4. Hopefully I won't have trouble finding a copy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Money doesn't matter. It's all about loyalty. Ibra had no loyalty. Nedved had it in spades. One stayed, one left.

Think Yurt was being a bit harsh about De Ceglie. He caused the goal, but Taider really had a killer shot. Anyway, he shouldn't have been given the room to shoot by our CBs.

So, who do we start against Merda?

For me, I think:

Buffon
Barzagli----Bonucci-----Chiellini
Licht-----Pogba-------Pirlo----Vidal-----Kwandwo
-------------------Vucigol---Matri--------------

THERE IS NO ONE LIKE PAVELLL <3<3

Maybe I was a little harsh but my patience has run out with PDC, that's not his first defensive mistake (fifth? sixth? And we dropped points in most of them) and one day one of them will bite us in the ass, and it WILL leave a mark. I don't like marks on my ass fade!
It'll ruin my beauty mark

Speaking of running out of patience, Matri can do one too. Bendtner is basically Matri, but less frustrating to watch, and even better in the air. Giovinco, even when he's not scoring, pulls stuff out of his ass (butterflies <3) and makes thing happen! He did indirectly save us quite a few times now!

But the lineup is SOLID, I won't mind go in with that, but we NEED Marchisio, he's our big game merda clubs player.

It's Juventus' birthday today! Tanti auguri, juventini! :D

tumblr_mctg3hIkF01r30r4xo10_r1_250.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor back in the squad for Wigan, Dembele still out. I can't wait to see Ade out there, he brings a whole other dimension and was a huge part of our success last season. We've done well with Defoe up there but Ade is just a better lone striker. Hopefully Dempsey is dropped and Ade comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom