• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Manchester City's Roberto Mancini was in secret talks to join Monaco

The Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, held extensive negotiations with Monaco with a view to joining the club at the end of last season. The talks, lasting almost three months, led to Monaco believing he would join them and can be revealed for the first time.

The details of the extraordinary negotiations have been disclosed to the Guardian, corroborated at the highest level, and suggest that Mancini was close to accepting Monaco's offer, before opting to stay at City when his team overhauled Manchester United to clinch their first title since 1968.

jtb

Banned
Mancini should've jumped ship when he had a chance. I'd be shocked if he wasn't fired by the end of the season.

spidye

does someone have the gif with CR7 making the "be quiet" hand move?

image.php

Bumhead

Banned
On chants:
It was not one wanker, mate. Any case, why should football chants be permitted in a place like a train? It doesn't matter if you're having a bit of fun. Not everyone likes it, as a starting point. Some people are downright intimidated by it. It's insular and anti-social behaviour. It forgets that not everyone thinks a chant is a bit of fun. A train car is not the stands of a football ground. People banging on the train roofs is stupid and reckless. It's disrespectful.

If a group wants to rent a coach for fans only and want to sing until the windows shatter they can be my guest. But if they're in a public place occupied by people who aren't football fans then that space should be respected. I'm not saying it should be illegal or anything. I think people should have common decency to know where stuff is appropriate and where it isn't.

Fair enough.

I've never banged on a window, or a roof, and in almost all cases where I've seen chanting on a train, it's because we've had the entire carriage. So maybe I'm not the target of your point.

All I know is that of the plentiful number of away football matches I've been to over the years, chanting with other supporters has always been a playful part of the fun and of the day itself. Particularly in bars, it's always been a part of my experience as an away football supporter, and in 99% of cases we've had a good, friendly rapport with the bar and the staff themselves. We generally have a good reputation for travelling away, inside and outside grounds.

Just my 2 cents. I can only speak from my own experiences.

Fair enough.

I've never banged on a window, or a roof, and in almost all cases where I've seen chanting on a train, it's because we've had the entire carriage. So maybe I'm not the target of your point.

All I know is that of the plentiful number of away football matches I've been to over the years, chanting with other supporters has always been a playful part of the fun and of the day itself. Particularly in bars, it's always been a part of my experience as an away football supporter, and in 99% of cases we've had a good, friendly rapport with the bar and the staff themselves. We generally have a good reputation for travelling away, inside and outside grounds.

Just my 2 cents. I can only speak from my own experiences.

I personally think it can be enjoyable and fair play to the groups like yours who do it well. I guess the groups I've encountered just behave like cunts generally, chanting or not.

juanpablo

Banned
Are you a Villa fan juanpablo? That is eerily accurate.

Indeed I do have a softspot for the Villa rodvik, hence my familiarity with MONs ways. Any Celtic fan I know would say the same though, though obviously they look upon him with a greater degree of affection for obvious reasons.

One thing which is true of MON though, he is a very good motivator of players and can develop them.

True to an extent I suppose, being a great motivator will only get you so far. Also could we really say MON is a great developer of players? I don't know about that.

juanpablo

Banned
juan pablo worst poster itt

up there with yurt, willkiller, kyoufu imho

Give it time Hixx, give it time. O' Neill is a one trick pony, time will show on that one.

And don't give him a blank chequebook either!

While you're here what's the story with James McClean? I hear the bubble has burst for him at S'land?

Hixx

Give it time Hixx, give it time. O' Neill is a one trick pony, time will show on that one.

And don't give him a blank chequebook either!

While you're here what's the story with James McClean? I hear the bubble has burst for him at S'land?

SteveGuppy.jpg

Ruined him

dunno ever since prattatoni took him to afghanistan and played some spenk instead of him he's been beyond useless. thinks he's gareth bale cutting in all the time. needs to stick to what he's good at.

juanpablo

Banned
Didn't he make Heskey into a goal machine?

Those were the days. :lol

Ah Emile Heskey.

It's January 2009, Villa are riding high in the Premier League table above the likes of Arsenal, CL football looks a possibility. They just need to find someone to cover for the perennially crocked John Carew.

What does O'Neill do? pays a transfer fee for Emile fawking Heskey! Arsenal buy Arshavin, Villa crumble. Thanks O'Neill!

juanpablo

Banned
SteveGuppy.jpg

Ruined him

dunno ever since prattatoni took him to afghanistan and played some spenk instead of him he's been beyond useless. thinks he's gareth bale cutting in all the time. needs to stick to what he's good at.

You can blame Trapp for a lot of things but the ruination of McClean can't be one of them, seeing as he never played him. Could he just not be suffering second season syndrome? or he's just been found out?

Fry

This is interesting:

Goals in the top 5 leagues this season as a result of individual errors: Premier League 45, Ligue1 38, La Liga 30, Bundesliga 27, Serie A 25

There coming too many cool games before christmas. I still need Dishonored. And Far Cry 3, Halo 4 and Paper Mario are on the way :(

Hmm, I don't mind FC3 or PM.

Halo 4 would be for the multiplayer only, I'll have to get it once I slow down with Fifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom