• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I just upgraded my internet from 10mb to 150mb fiber broadband.

feelsgood.jpg

Clegg

Anderson put in the best performance that I've seen from a United midfielder this season.

He needs to start more league games.

Bumhead

Banned
Just been reading about the 2013 Anfield Run, announced yesterday.

Between April 4th to the 6th 2013, volunteers will run 96 miles starting on the pitch at Hillsborough and ending on the pitch at Anfield, at half time in the game against West Ham United. Last year the run raised £15,000 for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and the Hillsborough Families Support Group, and this year the run will also be raising money for Alder Hay Childrens Hospital in Liverpool and the The Sheffield Children's Hospital. The run is being supported by both the HJC and HFSG, and by both Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday, who are all working together to make the run possible.

http://hillsborough-anfieldrun.co.uk/

I think this is a wonderful thing and thought would make a nice mention between all the talk of racism in the papers at the moment. A very nice example of the wider impact and importance of the football community in the face of numerous recent difficulties.

Kyoufu

Moussa Sissokho says he's interested in a move to Newcastle.

Is he any good? Will he be the best French player in the league after 7 games?

Carbonox

Moussa Sissokho says he's interested in a move to Newcastle.

Is he any good? Will he be the best French player in the league after 7 games?

I hear he's the bee's knees and starting to become a regular in the French squad. Has played in the team next to Cabaye a few times. He's supposedly been in contact with Cabaye too about a move.

If we do get him, he'll replace Tiote no doubt. Unless we cut our losses with Anita OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Kyoufu

Newcastle don't need him, they have Anita!

I hear he's the bee's knees and starting to become a regular in the French squad. Has played in the team next to Cabaye a few times. He's supposedly been in contact with Cabaye too about a move.

If we do get him, he'll replace Tiote no doubt. Unless we cut our losses with Anita OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

lol, I like Anita. Versatile and stuff.

I'm thinking Tiote will be sold for at least 20 million. Simpson is probably off in January too (he's waiting on a move before negotiating contract).

So we could possibly get 2 more French players in January...

Yen

Man, I just wish it would be January already. Liverpool need at least 3 signings (and Lucas back and fit)

Bring on the muppetry.

The thing is, its so excruciatingly obvious where the holes are. But then again, the same was true in the summer, and we somehow weakened the main area that was already weak, and we lost the two 'wingers' we had who had proven themselves capable of scoring a goal or two.

Did Suso play btw? Also, I hear that Joe Cole was a predictably dismal pile of shite. Feel bad for Pacheco. He should be ahead of Cole. Its a pointless endeavour putting Cole in the shop window, every time he plays he puts another club off of the prospect of signing him.

Pogba ...

YNd1c24735.jpg

Do it, Marotta. COVER HIM WITH MONEY! That way we'll get to keep him for at least a couple of years, before Mino does his thing again.

Money doesn't matter. It's all about loyalty. Ibra had no loyalty. Nedved had it in spades. One stayed, one left.

It doesn't sound to me from his statements like Pogba has any intention of being a Juve bandiera unlike Vidal who has publicly said that he'd be happy with Juve as his last team. Sounds like he's wanting to prove himself worthy and Serie A is a stepping stone. Possibly that's wise move if we don't pick ourselves up as a league. But, to be honest, I hope he realizes that even if we're unbeaten Serie A champions, that we're still on the rise and we haven't really accomplished anything. We still have a lot of work to do. But if he sticks around he can be part of something special. He can be bigger than Thuram and Davids for us and we can go on and win more than just Serie A.

---

I thought Bendtner has a perfectly decent game. Some decent touches, some decent runs, a decent shot or two. He's very inconsistent, though. He's constantly fading out. I wonder how much of that is form. In any case, he's played two matches in a row now which in Conte's heavy striker rotation means he's not playing against Inter.

Think Yurt was being a bit harsh about De Ceglie. He caused the goal, but Taider really had a killer shot. Anyway, he shouldn't have been given the room to shoot by our CBs.

So, who do we start against Merda?

For me, I think:

Buffon
Barzagli----Bonucci-----Chiellini
Licht-----Pogba-------Pirlo----Vidal-----Kwandwo
-------------------Vucigol---Matri--------------

Matri has historically done well against Inter, as has Vucinic so I'd start them. Going to need a physical presence against Inter's defenders, and as much as I like Giovinco for winning fouls around the box in zona di Pirlo I'd much prefer Vucinic's one touch and shoot style against Inter. If Marchisio is fit, he starts ahead of Vidal for the same reason as Matri and Vucinic.

Salvadora

Wenger - I hope our fans respect Van Persie

"I don't know [what reception he'll get but] I hope it is a respectful one because he has played for us for eight years, he has done very well for us," said Wenger.

"You want him to be respected. We campaign against discrimination, it was still the case last week so why should it not be the case this week? I don't know [what the fans will do], I think he will get the reception I hope for.

"Saturday's game is not about Van Persie. Not for us and I don’t think for him, as well. For us, what is important is the result at the end of the game, and the quality of our performance. We do not even talk about him."

"You would think that one of the parts of my job is to have a positive influence on people’s [lives] as a player," he said. "When you manage to do that, you are always kind of satisfied. You want to try and have a positive influence on people you cross in your life. I think my influence was not too bad.

"It is very difficult to answer [how much we miss him] because at the moment I am focused on doing well with the players I have. To start to think how much do we miss him will not help us to do well.

"I am not surprised by how well he is doing. In Manchester United, you have good players around him, and Robin is very intelligent around the box. His runs are fantastic, his technique is absolutely amazing, so I’m not surprised.

"There are a lot of players in offensive positions, so with his intelligent runs, of course he will take advantage of that. He’s certainly the most efficient striker."
Yeah fuck that.

Slizz

Wenger - I hope our fans respect Van Persie

"I am not surprised by how well he is doing. In Manchester United, you have good players around him, and Robin is very intelligent around the box. His runs are fantastic, his technique is absolutely amazing, so I’m not surprised.

Yeah fuck that.

Yeah fuck Wenger and not surrounding him with good players.

PaulLFC

Already posted?

Ballack pleads poverty over speeding fine

Former Chelsea and Germany midfielder Michael Ballack has told a Spanish court that he cannot pay a £8,000 speeding fine "because he is unemployed".

Ballack, 36, earned up to £120,000 week during his long career, but recently retired from football after leaving Bayer Leverkusen.

Yet, after being caught doing 127 mph in his Audi U7 on a 75mph road near Trujillo, the former Germany captain’s lawyer told a court in Caceres that his client should only pay one tenth of the fine because he is out of work and does not have a source of income.
“Just because he is a famous footballer doesn’t mean he has any money coming in," said lawyer Jesus Gallego Rol.

Rol added that driving at speed is not a crime in Ballack’s homeland of Germany.

Ballack, who joined Chelsea from Bayern Munich in 2006 and earned between £80,000 and £120,000 a week during his four-year stay in West London, also faces a two-year driving ban for the offence.

He was widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world but a serious ankle injury ruled him out of the 2010 World Cup, after which he left Chelsea before spending two injury-ravaged seasons at Leverkusen.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bundesliga-ballack-pleads-poverty-speeding-fine-153552432.html

Can't stand stuff like this. Similar to footballers who say they "deserve" to be paid more than what they're on (thousands a week already) "because they need to provide for their families when they're retired". Yeah, so does every other person, for most of who it would take years to earn what you earn in a single week.

Already posted?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bundesliga-ballack-pleads-poverty-speeding-fine-153552432.html

Can't stand stuff like this. Similar to footballers who say they "deserve" to be paid more than what they're on (thousands a week already) "because they need to provide for their families when they're retired". Yeah, so does every other person, for most of who it would take years to earn what you earn in a single week.

Yeah it was. I didn't know driving at speed was not a crime in Germany though, or is that only on the autobahns?

Ray Hudson on Iniestas goal:

"Its a full moon tonight and Iniesta takes the gravitation into account"

It's a human tragedy this man isn't on Sky. Imagine listening to him commentating rather than Gary Neville.

In regards to the Arsenal - Man Utd game, Santos simply cannot play. He will be the single greatest threat to us, more so than any Utd player. This is how bad he is. It's like having Ronaldinho play left back. I would prefer a youth player to start there

Already posted?

Even if he's wasted all his money, there's no reason he wouldn't be able to make a living off Bundesliga analyst or trainer for some big football club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom