• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god, MLS has a long way to go to become "relevant" like their thread title says if this match is any indication. Hard to watch.

Messi

For fun I picked: (BTW, I know this bet is never going to work. I just wanted to clear out my last 9.00 on a stupidly high bet, and then I am done with betting. Even in the highly unlikely odds that this works I am still taking the money. Also pretty sure they wont pay me 21,000)

Atletico Madrid vs Valencia
Sevilla vs Levante
Newcastle vs Liverpool
Juve vs Inter
Real Madrid vs Zaragoza
Man City vs West Ham
Milan vs Chievo
Barcelona vs Celta Vigo
Malaga vs Rayo
Spurs vs Wigan
Chelsea vs Swansea
Man United vs Arsenal
Zenit vs Rostov
Porto v Maritimo

So many dodgy teams/matches in there. Like I would not mind it failing if either Madrid lost (Love you atletico/falcao but I want La Liga) I would also love to see Arsenal beat United, just because I like Arsenal and I like under dogs.

Meier

I figured there must have been an Ami update. I sort of feel for the guy, but not only slightly. No one should be doing hardcore drugs in general, let alone in his situation and with his job. I feel a little uncomfortable when that comes up though as I'd feel bad if he lost it somehow.

For fun I picked: (BTW, I know this bet is never going to work. I just wanted to clear out my last 9.00 on a stupidly high bet, and then I am done with betting. Even in the highly unlikely odds that this works I am still taking the money. Also pretty sure they wont pay me 21,000)

Atletico Madrid vs Valencia
Sevilla vs Levante
Newcastle vs Liverpool
Juve vs Inter
Real Madrid vs Zaragoza
Man City vs West Ham
Milan vs Chievo
Barcelona vs Celta Vigo
Malaga vs Rayo
Spurs vs Wigan
Chelsea vs Swansea
Man United vs Arsenal
Zenit vs Rostov
Porto v Maritimo

So many dodgy teams/matches in there. Like I would not mind it failing if either Madrid lost (Love you atletico/falcao but I want La Liga) I would also love to see Arsenal beat United, just because I like Arsenal and I like under dogs.

Now normally I would say that it would be an honour to be the team that lets you down but we desperately need the points. Bring it Rostov!

Messi

Now normally I would say that it would be an honour to be the team that lets you down but we desperately need the points. Bring it Rostov!

I eagerly await liverpool smashing newcastle, letting me down as usual. It I bet on liverpool they lose when I don't they win. Also Milan will no doubt fail.

Yup, I am expecting this.

Edit: I did a 16 team accum for fun about a month ago 15 teams won. You know who failed? Arsenal.

2nLwd.gif

GorillaJu

Man my FPL team value is getting up there. It's like 105m now. I always jump on those players who lose value sharply like Tevez did. Profits!!

Today I asked my students to create a survey where two divisory subjects are compared and ask the class – eg dogs vs cats or coke vs Pepsi. One group asked the class who they liked better, Kagawa or Ichiro (Suzuki, Yankees player and Japanese national icon) and Kagawa won by a landslide. Times are a changin!

Then I asked who they prefer, Liverpool or Man Utd but I didn't give them the option to pick Utd hahaha. One student raised his hand very enthusiastically for Liverpool though and shouted "Jelaaado!" (Gerrard)

Mumei

Your pets are adorable~

dogs = cats

Well he was banned just after this, not sure what is bannable about it but... eh, neogaf.

Honestly, there are no rules; bans are just handed out capriciously and then we give post-hoc rationalizations.

(No, Sculli actually requested a ban; he didn't do anything wrong.)

Fry

Seasons are bullshit everyone is just Madrid, utd, city, etc.

I don't actually mind playing Madrid all the time. Only when the other player abuses of Ronaldo's pace and only have one trick: run with him until getting to the corner line, make a low cross and scores.

I fucking hate that.

Salazar

I don't actually mind playing Madrid all the time. Only when the other player abuses of Ronaldo's pace and only have one trick: run with him until getting to the corner line, make a low cross and scores.

I fucking hate that.

Liverpool should try this irl

FootballFan

Now everyone knows the faces of the offenders distracting Quiche from his fifa playing.

Used to have a rat as a kid, they are fucking awesome

hB96H.jpg

just walking around with them like that on your shoulder, even took it out shopping and stuff and it would just crawl around my shoulders and chill.

D'aww almost like your very own Pikachu.

w7Dls.gif

Fifa 13 'Seasons' mode might as well be called ' x Real Madrid'...

Mentioned it another day but if you are using a team that has a white kit, use it.

That way you won't be matched with Madrid(as most of the time the users pick the white kit, so you 2 wouldn't get matched)

You will still find the odd one that uses the blue and other shit kit Madrid has but you definitely find way less Madrid that way.

But they've got that Cisse lad who scores goals with the outside of his foot from 25 yards out.

Oh, right, that was a fluke. Crouch ROBBED for goal of the season. Still bitter about that.

Anything on the volley from that range will have an element of luck

Cisses was genuine class even if he couldn't repeat it

Mumei

He should enjoy his addiction!

I'm sure he had very important reasons and will apologize profusely to you when he returns.

Dogs are not equal cats.

Btw you should watch the new Chelsea - Manchester match that was played two days ago. :p

You just need to meet better cats.

And I would, except that the matches coming up on my DVR are all re-airings of earlier matches (from much earlier in the season) and it either didn't air here or I just missed recording it.

Salazar

And I would, except that the matches coming up on my DVR are all re-airings of earlier matches (from much earlier in the season) and it either didn't air here or I just missed recording it.

It's ok. Wooden is just proud about Chelsea valiantly overcoming United's foetus defence.

Game was fucking hilarious, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom