• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny that every English language article on Pogba's goal against Bologna on a football website that isn't Italian football only has a paragraph or two about United's anger.

Though I do like this from the Guardian:
Pogba's only mistake to that point might have been making it look too easy

dc89

I think it's funny that every English language article on Pogba's goal against Bologna on a football website that isn't Italian football only has a paragraph or two about United's anger.

Though I do like this from the Guardian:

"It was a 20-minute hurricane against the Bologna defence," wrote Diego Costa in La Repubblica. "A 'Sandy' called Pogba."

"It is early to make comparisons," wrote Olivero's colleague Fabio Bianchi, before going on to do precisely that. "But this Pogba resembles a certain Mr Vieira. He could even be better. He is only 19."

:lol - Pogba will go on to be one of the best in the world.

Salazar

:lol - Pogba will go on to be one of the best in the world.

All clubs that develop
and steal
youth players have to deal with that risk.

I still think that Ravel will blow it.

I'm glad Pog has that chill, languid mood, punctuated by baller passes, though. Needs national team games. Fuck Cabaye.

Anyone want to make this an avatar for me? ;)

EeTNm.png

Stories this morning that RVP wanted Pat Rice replaced by somebody from outside the club (so not Steve Bould) because he didn't want a yes as the #2.

Wait 'til Robin finds out Mike Phelan isn't even a qualified coach.

Carbonox

All clubs that develop
and steal
youth players have to deal with that risk.

I still think that Ravel will blow it.

I'm glad Pog has that chill, languid mood, punctuated by baller passes, though. Needs national team games. Fuck Cabaye.

I'll cut you.

Salazar

WHAT.THE.FUCK

Can't educate everybody, yo.

Shebby is a fucking cartoon. Harry had his caricature-like dimension, but Shebby is through-and-through a figure of sick comic falsity.

SAF - “Ando was the best player on Wednesday. He now needs games and hopefully we can give him them”

Clegg

Hopefully SAF actually keeps his word and selects Anderson.

His performance on Wednesday was the best I've seen from a United midfielder this season.

And of course Ando has to perform well. Theres no use playing well in cup and CL group games if you cant do the same in the league.

GorillaJu

Pretty hyped about football this weekend. Had a good week in FPL last time and I'll gladly take another biggie. Only a few points off the top on both Gaf leagues now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moratti: "Pogba? Ferguson asked us not to negotiate with players who were coming towards the end of their contracts. We perhaps made a mistake, but we can’t sign everyone.” YOU ARE A MODEL OF INTEGRITY, ETHICS AND MORALITY. DO ONE.

So Agnelli invited Moratti to our game tomorrow.

bendtner-shirt490ai.jpg

It's like Bruce Wayne inviting The Joker, on Gotham's Anniversary.

Also, best news to wake up to, Paolo "Muntari's ghost goal" Tagliavento is reffing the game :p

It's bad news actually, he might feel inclined to stick one up our ass this time.

Hixx

I should have Halo 4 tomorrow.

But our game with Villa will get in the way. FUCKING VILLA. WHY SHITE vs SHITE? Why not SHITE vs ENTERTAINING!? And it will be fucking baltic.

Wilbur

Banned
Pogba doing well for Juventus makes me happy. Pogba doing well for anyone but United makes me sad.

Sigh.

Anyway, I want Ando this weekend too, but I can see Scholes playing after being out of the team for so long. Just to annoy Kyoufu, I reckon it'll be:

DDG; Raf, Rio, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Young; Rooney, RVP

GorillaJu

Nani is one of those cases where I so badly want to rub it in everyone's faces how I said he's not good enough for United, and was told over and over again that he's one of the best wide players in the world.

But I won't do it. I won't.

Wilbur

Banned
Nani is one of those cases where I so badly want to rub it in everyone's faces how I said he's not good enough for United, and was told over and over again that he's one of the best wide players in the world.

Nah go for it, we fucked up.

I still think talent wise, he's certainly up there. When he bothers turning up he's better than Bale, Di Maria, arguably Downing. It's just a fucking cock of a situation that he turns up for a minute and a half every 3 games.

I think we should sell him; by the time Ronaldo was this age he was banging in 40 a season. It's a different case with Ando and I sympathise with him a bit because he was played out of position from the start and its probably contributed to his weight and fitness issues. I have a little more time for him than Nani.

Messi

Except you totally are :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Except Nani.

plz.

Even if he did score a sweet goal against doofus Chelsea. The time has come.

That's Moratti (Inter) not Marotta. :p

I'm 110% sure Marotta (Juve) is already in contact with Nani's agents :/

And Walcott.

MAROTTA OUT.

Az

I remember telling you guys that I was losing my job. Well got a call and found something, starting in two weeks. Will pick up the ipad mini today for my wife to celebrate.

Also dc.... this time it's the correct thread ;)

Tc91

God what a nightmare morning.

Posting shit for eBay, never again. First of all no boxes at the post office would fit my box. Had to go back home to get wallet, go back to buy brown parcel paper + sellotape (Don't even get me started on that I can't wrap for shit.) Come back home to wrap then out again to post it off. Only just sat down.

Atleast I have the free winnings from Sky Bet, time to pre-order Halo 4. Any recommendations or should I stick with Amazon?

spidye

I remember telling you guys that I was losing my job. Well got a call and found something, starting in two weeks. Will pick up the ipad mini today for my wife to celebrate.

congrats

Wes

venison crêpe
I should have Halo 4 tomorrow.

But our game with Villa will get in the way. FUCKING VILLA. WHY SHITE vs SHITE? Why not SHITE vs ENTERTAINING!? And it will be fucking baltic.

Eveyone has said this game is going to be dour as hell. I'm going to say, just for that reason, it ends up 7-5.

Hixx

Eveyone has said this game is going to be dour as hell. I'm going to say, just for that reason, it ends up 7-5.

Got a feeling for 2-2.

But I also thought we'd spank Boro to kickstart our season and it was the worst Sunderland performance I've seen in donkeys. And we've put in some spectacularly shit performances over the years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats Az! ;)

It was just a general plz, a plz to the world.

Fair enough.
ftMOL.gif
ftMOL.gif
ftMOL.gif

-

Historically speaking, Juventus boast a significant advantage over Inter in championship fixtures contested on home soil. From the 79 games played in Piedmont, the Bianconeri have won 55, drawn 14 and lost just ten.

Cunte pls
pn24Z.gif

Arnie

Congratulations, top news.

Going on radio in 30 minutes to talk football. Google Forge Radio if you want to listen in, I suspect there'll be a heated argument about the derby and Gerrard's comments.

GorillaJu

Except you totally are :p

jacknicholsonnod.jpg

Wilbz, I agree that when he turns up he can produce magic, but even on his better days, you just never see him on the same wavelength as the other Utd players. He's always off in his Nani world doing Nani stuff. And when he's not on, he's liability.

Tldr; of that is that I think he's too inconsistent, too selfish and too poor a decision-maker to play for a team like United.

Wilbur

Banned

Congrats!

Messi

jacknicholsonnod.jpg

Wilbz, I agree that when he turns up he can produce magic, but even on his better days, you just never see him on the same wavelength as the other Utd players. He's always off in his Nani world doing Nani stuff. And when he's not on, he's liability.

Tldr; of that is that I think he's too inconsistent, too selfish and too poor a decision-maker to play for a team like United.

This made me laugh too hard.

Clegg

There was a stretch of about 18 months from 2010 and going into 2011 where Nani was a very good player. Probably our most consistently good attacking option.

Suffice to say, he's nowhere near that level right now.

Kenka

Anyone interested in a Dota 2 invite?

Would be nice but I did receive one but I couldn't collect it for some weird reason (Steam keeps looking for software updates without interruption). So, I don't know if it is related to my gift or some deeper problem. But I would love to play it.

Salazar

you just never see him on the same wavelength as the other Utd players.

Fairly accurate. As soon as RVP stitched up Cahill, he knew he had to do something with the ball himself or get it to someone who would. Nani can be much more lackadaisical than Berba, to less effect.

PJX

So some low life fucker comes trick or treating with his 7 or 8 year old son or nephew and as my wife goes and gets the chocolate for the kid, the motherfucking bitch steals my wallet from my coat hanging on the coat hanger. My wife had closed the door behind her but didn't lock it, so the fuck face must've have seen my coat when she opened the door and waited till she went to get the chocolate for the kid. I was upstairs at the time and didn't see the scumbag doing it. I didn't have any money in it but its the inconvenience of having to cancel all my credit and debit cards including the ones in the States. The saddest part is this asshole doing it in front of a 7 / 8 year old. What the fuck is wrong with people? Fucking Croydon scumbags.

There was a stretch of about 18 months from 2010 and going into 2011 ehere Nani was a very good player. Probably our most consistently good attacking player.

Suffice to say, he's nowhere near that level right now.

Yep he was our best player that time (along with Vidic).

Tc91

Would be nice but I did receive one but I couldn't collect it for some weird reason (Steam keeps looking for software updates without interruption). So, I don't know if it is related to my gift or some deeper problem. But I would love to play it.

Sure thing, sent you a pm!

Messi

So some low life fucker comes trick or treating with his 7 or 8 year old son or nephew and as my wife goes and gets the chocolate for the kid, the motherfucking bitch steals my wallet from my coat hanging on the coat hanger. My wife had closed the door behind her but didn't lock it, so the fuck face must've have seen my coat when she opened the door and waited till she went to get the chocolate for the kid. I was upstairs at the time and didn't see the scumbag doing it. I didn't have any money in it but its the inconvenience of having to cancel all my credit and debit cards including the ones in the States. The saddest part is this asshole doing it in front of a 7 / 8 year old. What the fuck is wrong with people? Fucking Croydon scumbags.

Why was the candy not beside the door? You put it beside the door to avoid this situation. Still what a crap thing for someone to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom