• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJX

Why was the candy not beside the door? You put it beside the door to avoid this situation. Still what a crap thing for someone to do.

I know but we had just come in from work and didn't have time to get anything ready. So she just rushed to the back to get it from them and that's when he took his chance.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ryan Bertrand ‏@ryanbertrand3
We know what we are #CFC

Y8PRc.gif

Anyway a lot of Spurs fans are getting on Dempsey's back but he deserves time. According to the BBC...

Only Robin van Persie (55) and Wayne Rooney (40) have scored more Premier League goals since the start of the 2010-11 season than Clint Dempsey (31).

The main reason Gylfi and Dempsey look so ordinary right now is because they are playing behind Defoe. When he receives the ball he doesn't do what Adebayor does and pull people out of position, look for team-mates etc, he simply tries to work an angle and fire. He is a good finisher so he will always score goals that way, but the negative thing is that 99% of the time he is trying to create a chance for himself and other players aren't brought into the game on the edge of the area. Ade is different, he tries to create chances for others just as often as he does for himself.

Salvadora

Manchester City's Roberto Mancini admits he was in talks to join Monaco

Roberto Mancini has confirmed he was in discussions with Monaco last season to take charge of the French club.

On Thursday, the Guardian revealed that Manchester City's manager held extensive talks with the French second division team with a view joining them at the close of the last campaign. Mancini opted to remain at City after leading them to the Premier League title.

He said on Friday: "Last year I was very close with seven, eight teams but I prefer to stay here because I work well here the first three years. Also, if someone thinks we didn't do a good job – we won three trophies in two years and I'm very happy, we work well.

"And now I think the next three or four years will be very important for us. I think that now with Ferran [Soriano, the new chief executive] and [Txiki] Begiristain [appointed last week as director of football] we can work very well – we can improve our team."

Had Mancini been worried about his future when the Monaco deal was on the table? "I sign a contract for the next five years because I believe in this squad, because I can work with serious people like the owner and the chairman, really serious people, and to work with these people is fantastic – it's difficult to find people that work well with the manager and for me it's a fantastic situation. And now I think we have time to improve and build a stronger team."

Pushed that it is warmer in Monaco than Manchester, Mancini joked: "Also Italy. But I think the best place in this moment is this [City]. For the next five years my work, my job will be here."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/02/manchester-city-roberto-mancini-monaco
Fills you with confidence.

Most embarrassing club in the league. Even more so than Stoke.

Im not really sure... why Stoke are considered an embarrassing club? I mean, I hate Pulis as much as the next guy but they have their tactics, they work. They have a squad made up of decent players for a club their size.

Arnie

Im not really sure... why Stoke are considered an embarrassing club? I mean, I hate Pulis as much as the next guy but they have their tactics, they work. They have a squad made up of decent players for a club their size.
It's their overly physical nature that's hard to ignore and condone, not any proclivity towards hoofing.

Ushojax

Well the fans are mostly disheveled hobgoblins who boo players when they go down injured and generally applaud the rugby shit that goes down at the Britannia. I still don't understand how they can have the nerve to heckle Aaron Ramsey for the crime of having his leg broken by Shawcross.

Wilbur

Banned
I think the hoofing is a little exaggerated concerning Stoke, they've shown time and time again that a) they can get it on the ground and play and that b) whacking crosses in and counting on fast wing play is effective and generally quite exciting. They play better football than Sunderland from what I've seen for a while. The Stoke poor football myth is more based around them kicking the fuck out of people and booing players who had the audacity to break a leg on their ground.

Wilbur

Banned
List of possible doicare alts:

Salazar
Wilbury
Fady (playing the long con)

If it was me I'd have eventually called someone a cunt but doicare is largely placid despite his irrational train of thought.

My money's on Viva. Looks all sensible and everyone loves him on one account, but the real Clevgod lover surfaces in his alt.

Edit: Clegg, sometimes you do.

Salazar

they have their tactics, they work.

I don't give a fuck about the long-ball stuff (a side should be able to deal with it, and capitalise on it), and I've said before that Stoke are occasionally a very impressive side on the break.

They're just a dirty club with a dominant primitive aspect to their support. Walters competes for headers by coming in horizontally at the player who has jumped vertically. And the Stoke crowd gibber their appreciation.

I'm not doicare.

Clegg

If it was me I'd have eventually called someone a cunt but doicare is largely placid despite his irrational train of thought.

My money's on Viva. Looks all sensible and everyone loves him on one account, but the real Clevgod lover surfaces in his alt.

Edit: Clegg, sometimes you do.

I know I do.

But I'm trolling from my own account when I do it.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't give a fuck about the long-ball stuff (a side should be able to deal with it, and capitalise on it), and I've said before that Stoke are occasionally a very impressive side on the break.

They're just a dirty club with a dominant primitive aspect to their support. Walters competes for headers by coming in horizontally at the player who has jumped vertically. And the Stoke crowd gibber their appreciation.

Yeah, like I said above. And it's odd because Walters has enough ability to look effective without trying to decapitate fellow professionals, but he does it anyway. Tortured upbringing? Trigger words including 'one touch', 'dainty' and 'tiki-taka'?

Az

Thanks guys. Just bought the ipad and took it home. Waiting for the phone call once wife gets home and sees the thing.

Salvadora

‘We need to control the game at Old Trafford’

Santi Cazorla says the key to victory at Old Trafford on Saturday will rest in Arsenal’s ability to control possession.

The Spain international has made a superb start to life in the Premier League and is looking forward to the challenge of facing Manchester United.

While the 27-year-old says a win would be a huge boost to the team’s self-belief, he accepts they will have to work extremely hard to achieve it.

“I think the key to modern football is having possession, the more you have the more you control the game,” Cazorla told Arsenal Player. “At Old Trafford we need to control the game and keep hold of the ball.

“[A win] would be great for the team’s confidence. To beat such a strong side at their own ground makes you stronger in all aspects.

“Let’s take the example of our match against Manchester City, which was a difficult game against a tough side. The team showed incredible quality and could even have won the game, so we came out of that match much stronger than before.

“Therefore, as well as the three points you can hopefully take from those games, you can come out stronger and take away more confidence too.”

Cazorla admits Saturday’s game is one he has been looking forward to ever since he arrived in England this summer.

“It’s a great fixture,” he said. “It’s a great stadium, they’re a good side and it’s a big game. It will be a brilliant experience. They’ve got brilliant players like Robin [Van Persie], Rooney and many more who are first class, so it will be very difficult to beat them.

“But all the players in our squad have played against some of the biggest teams in the world so it’s nothing new for us.”
Please have a great game Santi.

Clegg

And I love you for it, love when people fall for it because you're generally quite rational.

I'm surprised by the amount of Barca fans that still fall for it.

I've been talking shit about that club since last seasons CL. I've even said I'm trolling but I still get serious replies.

Off topic question

I am quite interested in ac3 I have played ac1, 2 and brotherhood but not revelations is it needed before I play 3?

If so I may try and get t cheap then wait for the inevitable price drop for ac3

‘We need to control the game at Old Trafford’

Please have a great game Santi.

:lol

Arsenal always control the game against us. We let them have it, let them play their pointless dinky passes in midfield, then utterly trash their panties on the counter. And so it has been for half a decade now.

I know for a fact that Meus will be telling everyone how Arsenal dominated the game afterwards, despite Arsenal losing by a number of goals, all conceded in a similar fashion.

Clegg

Off topic question

I am quite interested in ac3 I have played ac1, 2 and brotherhood but not revelations is it needed before I play 3?

Revelations isn't all that necessary for AC 3. It ties up Ezio's story well so I'd buy it for that reason. But you could just go to wikipedia or youtube to get the plot points on the game.

It's my least favourite AC. It's just not as interesting as the others.

Hixx

Off topic question

Revelations ending is good (sort of) and important. I wouldn't recommend the game though, I thought it was comfortably the poorest AC.

The games drop in price rapidly though.

Ushojax

The only way Arsenal can win is by doing what Spurs did and pressing quickly, winning the ball back in the middle of the pitch and dragging defenders out of position with their movement up front and driving into the space before United can reorganise. I just can't see Podolski and Giroud doing the job that Bale and Defoe did, they are not mobile enough.

Cheers lads

Not sure what to do as I do like the games but doubt I could play them back to back as they get pretty boring after a while

Don't think I'll pay full whack for 3 yet as every other one has dropped in price quite quickly

LegoArmo

Footballers aren't very bright, are they. Give people, who more than likely didn't focus too much in school, a platform to voice their thoughts to hundreds of thousands and they'll say stupid things. Colour me shocked.

Wes

venison crêpe
Mancini confirmed he had talks with Monaco? Excellent. Time to race over to Bluemoon and see what the 10 pages of people who called it "bullshit" now have to say.

Oh and I've got a few DotA 2 invites if anyone wants one.

Ushojax

Walker is to rejoin Twitter...

"I will be back on it shortly," Walker said at an event to publicise the Topps Match Attax Tour.

"I just thought with my form it was time to concentrate on my football rather then tweeting.

"But I will definitely be back on it because I like to have a bit of banter with the fans and it's good to give the fans something back because they are coming to support us every game."

"My form has been a bit up and down to be truthful. I couldn't tell you why," Walker said.

"I had a good season last season so to keep that standard is very high.

"I will try and keep doing what I did last season and hopefully everything will fall in to place.

"I am prepared to work after training...that will make me a better player."

I could. It's because you:

1. Have a rubbish leap
2. You drift towards the ball instead of staying aware of players around you
3. Parker and Kaboul aren't there to bail you out any more

Those two being on his side of the pitch to look after him was a big reason he got away with so much last season. He's expected to handle his shit himself now and he needs to get used to it.

doicare

How about Evans two footed challenge in the Liverpool game? it cuts both ways. Refs make mistakes.
The question that was originally asked and i was replying to was "When was the last time a massive game changing decision went against United? The Porto 'goal'?"

And i answered that question with the correct answer, what has that got to do with any potential (don't agree with your example anyway) decision that went in United's favour?

And also for the record it is ridiculous that people actually believe that the last 'game changing bad decision' that went against United was almost 10 years ago when in reality bad dicisions go against United all the time it's just certain people choose to ignore them as it doesn't suit their agenda.
Oh, that game where Chelsea lost and had two players sent off? Including Torres?

Oh yeah, fucking massive game changer that was!
At that point in time it was 11 vs 11 and there was only one goal between the two teams, not having a player sent off when they should have been in a tight game is the very definition of a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom