• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Manchester United v Arsenal: Robin van Persie should be applauded by away fans, insists Sir Alex Ferguson

"I think, if you think about all the former players who have come back to Old Trafford, they always get a warm applause.
"I don't think he'll have a problem tomorrow. I think the fans will recognise the eight years he gave them and I think that will be nice."
Ferguson said: "He is a mature player and I think that helps, and the experience he has got playing eight years in England.
"The fact he has played in England makes it easier to go to another English club.
"It has been very satisfying for us. It has been a fantastic start and hopefully he keeps it going."
Ferguson is certainly not expecting a repeat of that extraordinary scoreline.
He said: "It won't happen tomorrow, that's for sure. There is no point living in the past, we have just got to look forward to tomorrow.
"It could be a way of motivating Arsenal, that is possible, but I think we have got to have the motivation to make sure we win the match."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-by-away-fans-insists-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html
Good luck with that.

shortyme

We, the Dutch, literally translated season to seizoen and use it for both television and as a subdivision of the year. One of the few things I don't like about BE.

Now I'm second guessing myself. Is there another way to refer to the subdivision of the year if you're not using seasons? I'm going to regret asking this.

LegoArmo

What if Ronaldo went to another English club like Chelsea? Doubt he'd be warmly received.

Interesting point, but he was never going to leave for another Premier League club, simply because he was already at the best one. He took a step up to Real, Robin took a step up to United.

Even if Utd were 4-0 up at HT, I'd expect us to get back in it. I have a feeling something special will happen tomorrow. Then again its not like we're going away to Barcelona, United aren't a side we should fear. An Arsenal win tomorrow wont surprise many

jtb

Banned
Interesting point, but he was never going to leave for another Premier League club, simply because he was already at the best one. He took a step up to Real, Robin took a step up to United.

Well, at least you're admitting the two situations aren't really comparable.

ANyways, if someone like Cesc returned to the Emirates in a CL tie, I'm sure he'd get a very warm reception, just like Henry did several years back. RVP was just a total dick in forcing his move away from the club, and moving to United only further sours that.

FgX8A.png

Had to get on that. You're unlikely to get another set of odds/games like this for a while

Salvadora

United fans wouldn't applaud if he went to a domestic rival regardless of circumstance. The circumstances around RVP's transfer just magnify the feelings. I would wager Cesc will be warmly received if he came back.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I was well happy for Hargreaves

Even if Utd were 4-0 up at HT, I'd expect us to get back in it. I have a feeling something special will happen tomorrow. Then again its not like we're going away to Barcelona, United aren't a side we should fear. An Arsenal win tomorrow wont surprise many

This post is hilarious

rodvik

Strangely optimistic for tomorrow. Probably the worst game of football ever but for some reason I think we can nick it.

rodvik

Yeah I was well happy for Hargreaves

This post is hilarious

Man this is going to be fun.

Indeed. Whoever loses the rest of FootyGaf wins :)

Now I'm second guessing myself. Is there another way to refer to the subdivision of the year if you're not using seasons? I'm going to regret asking this.
Seizoen is the only things that refers to a division of a year based on the weather; winter, spring, summer and autumn. Dividing a year quarterly comes nearest but that's got nothing to do with the meteorological differences in a year, like seasons do.

So there we have it, just like in (American) English.

Wilbur

Banned
Were you as happy for Rooney as everyone else when he was rumored to City?

I couldn't give a shit where he was going to, whether he went to Madrid, Barcelona, or City. The difference at the time was if he had gone to City is that there was legitimate reasons to believe it was for money and money alone, and his huge wage increase shows that. How anyone can deny that Arsenal to United isn't a step up is beyond me. At the time United to City was a backwards move and even now is at the very very most sideways. There would have been no footballing ambition in that move and that's what would have fucked me off with Rooney, that he moved for money. Hard to argue that van Persie made his decision purely financially.

Don't see how Meus's post is that of a 'true fan'.

Believes in his team so much that he thinks they're going to come back from 4-0 down at Old Trafford if that's the situation. /truefan

I couldn't give a shit where he was going to, whether he went to Madrid, Barcelona, or City. The difference at the time was if he had gone to City is that there was legitimate reasons to believe it was for money and money alone, and his huge wage increase shows that. How anyone can deny that Arsenal to United isn't a step up is beyond me. At the time United to City was a backwards move and even now is at the very very most sideways. There would have been no footballing ambition in that move and that's what would have fucked me off with Rooney, that he moved for money. Hard to argue that van Persie made his decision purely financially.

Looking at last season it seems like City would have been a step up, it would certainly not have been a step down not to mention the ambitions City clearly got.

Point is, if RVP had acted like a twat for you guys to force a move I doubt you would have welcomed him back with open arms.

juanpablo

Banned
Strangely optimistic for tomorrow. Probably the worst game of football ever but for some reason I think we can nick it.

1 away PL win in the calendar year 2012 so far for the Villa rodvik! draw for me at best, S'land to have all the chances but Villa to steal a point.

Wilbur

Banned
Looking at last season it seems like City would have been a step up, it would certainly not have been a step down not to mention the ambitions City clearly got.

Point is, if RVP had acted like a twat for you guys to force a move I doubt you would have welcomed him back with open arms.

One season doesn't really indicate a step up for me. Until they can prove their ambitions they're not on the level of United. Arsenal do better then City in the Champions League but I'd still say City are a step up because they're fighting for the title. If Hazard moved from Chelsea to United/City at this point in time, with City winning only one title so far, United and Chelsea not having won it, it would be a sideways move. If Rooney moved to City or Chelsea, its a sideways move. If Aguero moved to United or Chelsea, it's a sideways move.

I think he acted a bit of a twat but thats the statement he put out, not the fact he moved to a team more primed to win trophies. The umbrage should be taken with the Arsenal board and Wenger for providing fuck all in the last 7 years.

So who'll be rooting for Merda tomorrow?

No one hopefully.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course they wouldn't and the same would have been true for Adebayor, Nasri etc.. Hardly Arsenal fans being 'bitter'.

I think Nasri's a knobend. Not because he moved to City, because clearly City are a step up from Arsenal, but because he's proven time and time again that he is a little petulant fuck skin.

Adebayor moved for the money, that's certainly true.

rodvik

1 away PL win in the calendar year 2012 so far for the Villa rodvik! draw for me at best, S'land to have all the chances but Villa to steal a point.

Gotta change at some point mate! Tomorrow could be the day! Mad Benteke is scoring goals for fun right now, how can we lose?

:)

Meier

Just started watching it the other day, it's pretty good so far but can't stand Aziz, he's just as annoying as he was on scrubs.

:( Aziz is by far my favorite comedian. Love him and love everything about Tommy. I didn't know he was on Scrubs for a bit.. I need to seek out his arc apparently. I think they're all on Netflix.

I honestly would recommend most people just skip season 1 of Parks. It's not very good, frankly. We ended up stopping watching it during season 1 (despite the fact it was so short) and didn't come back until around season 3 after enough people had said how amazing it had become.. quickly caught up.

kharma45

i saw hieberrrrr is buying the nexus 4. im also thinking about it. anyone else here too?

Considering it but part of me also wants a WP8 device but the HTC 8X is the only real option here due to Nokia's fucking stupid decision to only sell the phone on EE.

Linius

:( Aziz is by far my favorite comedian. Love him and love everything about Tommy. I didn't know he was on Scrubs for a bit.. I need to seek out his arc apparently. I think they're all on Netflix.

I honestly would recommend most people just skip season 1 of Parks. It's not very good, frankly. We ended up stopping watching it during season 1 (despite the fact it was so short) and didn't come back until around season 3 after enough people had said how amazing it had become.. quickly caught up.

I tend to disagree. It might not be great, but it's surely not that bad that you just stop watching. Sure, some people (like yourself) did that, but I think it's still worth watching. And it gives you a more proper introduction to the characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wb-MbG_X8

It's just him being unfunny like that all the time.

Best moment of scrubs ever.

Gotta change at some point mate! Tomorrow could be the day! Mad Benteke is scoring goals for fun right now, how can we lose?

:)

I really hope Benteke continues this run of form he is having. I knew he was going to come good, which is why PL was starting him over Bent. He just needed to find it. Now I want to see a Bent-Benteke partnership up front with Ireland in the hole, and Bannan and El Ahmadi at CM. Give it to me Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom