• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
if we miss WC2014 i swear to god...

I'll kill myself

lol

Seriously though, I've been watching this fucking team since I was a boy and I had completely given up hope and stopped watching the games until the last couple of years. I hadn't watched a qualifier match since 2004 up until this year, not kidding. I can't bare the kind of heartbreak this epic choke would cause me

emoessi.jpg

Save FF some time lol

Wilbur

Banned
SAF inflames RAWK without even trying :lol

After someone said here about Blue Moon's reaction to the Mancini news, I had a quick look. Made me laugh; first ten posts were 'bollocks', 'utter shit', 'total bollocks', 'a load of shite' etc.

Then he admits to it and 'I'm glad our manager is in demand', 'of course other clubs are going to want one of the best managers in the world'

Fan centric sites are the fucking worst

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I love this back-and-forth match! Andres, don't act like you're not watching!

Nope I don't even get that match here. What channel is it on? arent you in canada? I checked espn2 and nbc sports and it wasnt on. I like the sounders but I am currently watching a stream of halo 4 multiplayer

Hieberrr

Nope I don't even get that match here. What channel is it on? arent you in canada? I checked espn2 and nbc sports and it wasnt on. I like the sounders but I am currently watching a stream of halo 4 multiplayer

Yeah we don't get NBC Sports in Canada, but then again we also don't get Bayern matches :p If there's a will, there's a way, heh.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Really enjoying the first 5ish chapters of Assassins Creed 3. Music is beautiful.

Got to 3 please don't start spoiling shit. Bout to pick it up on the way home and try to power thru at least half of it. It will be dirt cheap black friday I'm sure so I can finish it then.

I've slept well the last few days I think I can get some monster and perky jerky to go straight thru to the arse-utd match

probably not, lol

Hieberrr

RIMANDO AGAIN! OMFG, IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

MLS commentators really need to stfu with all of these measurements "6 yards!" "a coupe of yards out!"

Shut. Up.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal's Andy Carroll. You don't like it but you know it's true.
If you're referring to a player who won't fit into the style of play or team you may be right but Giroud's price still makes it a sound business decision as we will still get our money back from him. Liverpool will never get their money back from Andy Carroll and with Liverpool it's about trying to minimise the losses.

Giroud will unlikely fit into Arsenal's style of play but we'll get our money back from him as his performances are not bad. They are not what we need but they are not bad. The problem here is we need a striker of Cavani calibre and Giroud is not it but nor should he be expected to be at 12mil.

Meier

Porto 2 - 0 Maritimo (Varela)

http://www.abload.de/img/25erqf.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/37wpcp.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

These gifs are fucking murdering my Chrome but good GOD at this goal. One of the best I've seen in ages. No one will buy his ass off me in FM. >:(

Can't wait to get my James shirt!

GorillaJu

If you're referring to a player who won't fit into the style of play or team you may be right but Giroud's price still makes it a sound business decision as we will still get our money back from him. Liverpool will never get their money back from Andy Carroll and with Liverpool it's about trying to minimise the losses.

Giroud will unlikely fit into Arsenal's style of play but we'll get our money back from him as his performances are not bad. They are not what we need but they are not bad. The problem here is we need a striker of Cavani calibre and Giroud is not it but nor should he be expected to be at 12mil.

I would never comment about a players price because once you pay for them it doesn't matter anymore to me, they're judged on the value of their performances and how they benefit the team.

Giroud is like Andy Carroll because he comes in on the back of a lot of hype, he's big and strong and puts in good performances but can't score in the league. The dialog changed from "he'll come good" to "he may not fit our systems." They're nearly parallel, including that they both scored in the cups without issue but rarely score in the PL.

Dibbz

I would never comment about a players price because once you pay for them it doesn't matter anymore to me, they're judged on the value of their performances and how they benefit the team.

Giroud is like Andy Carroll because he comes in on the back of a lot of hype, he's big and strong and puts in good performances but can't score in the league. The dialog changed from "he'll come good" to "he may not fit our systems." They're nearly parallel, including that they both scored in the cups without issue but rarely score in the PL.

He already scored in the league.

FootballFan

Lionel Messi's son Thiago was born today. Him and Cristiano Jr (Ronaldo's son) were born 869 days apart. How many days older is Cristiano Ronaldo than Lionel Messi? 869 days.

...shit..

Congrats to Leo though <3

Put your bets on it guys, Thiago Messi 2030 Ballon d'Or winner.

Lightning

Banned

Price has everything to do with it and Giroud didn't come with hype, he came with hope. "he'll come good" is a hope as he was replacing Robin Van Persie who scored a shit ton of goals the previous season.

Based on your comparison there is no comparison. Giroud may still come good, I am doubting he will, but even if he doesn't he isn't Andy Carroll because he wont cause massive losses for us as Carroll caused Liverpool.

Slizz

Should be an entertaining match to kickoff the weekend tomorrow. Interested in seeing if Anderson can dominate some more.

ixxQkvz6WluOw.gif

GorillaJu

He already scored in the league.

Andy Carroll scored a couple in the league, too. But does he do it every week, leading he line?

Price has everything to do with it and Giroud didn't come with hype, he came with hope. "he'll come good" is a hope as he was replacing Robin Van Persie who scored a shit ton of goals the previous season.

Based on your comparison there is no comparison. Giroud may still come good, I am doubting he will, but even if he doesn't he isn't Andy Carroll because he wont cause massive losses for us as Carroll caused Liverpool.

Lol what a joke. You're saying the *exact* same thing Liverpool fans all said about Carroll. Replace RVP with Torres.

Andy Carroll himself didn't cause us a massive loss it was the decision to bring him in that is hurting us the most.

Lightning

Banned
Lol what a joke. You're saying the *exact* same thing Liverpool fans all said about Carroll. Replace RVP with Torres.

Andy Carroll himself didn't cause us a massive loss it was the decision to bring him in that is hurting us the most.
Put it this way we will get 12million worth out of Giroud. Liverpool will never get their money's worth out of Carroll, hence loan to West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom